Status: This is a draft i am currently rewriting because it is super badly written. I'm talking seventh grader written. but if you enjoy, great, glad to hear it :)

Gloom DRAFT (Cringey 7th grade story)

Chapter 10, Recovery

WOW! Aren't I smart? Falling asleep next to a sick person! Now i have a fever too! Ry is giving us a breakfast in bed With Dera standing behind him with a mask starring in disgust as me and Doohm were making all these urrg sickly noises and coughing.

“Xera...” Dera said through the mask.

I sighed. “What is it?”

“I’m bored what do we do now?” He asked.

“I don't know....” I answered unfaithfully.

Ry rolled his eyes with irritation.

“How about we talk about the matter at hand for once!” He interrupted.
We all stood quietly listening at Ry’s sigh.

“You guys are surely ignoring every problem and obstacle coming your way. Is that a teenaged thing? Well i have no idea but if you guys keep this up it will probably be our downfall! And by problem and obstacles I’m talking about the recent event we had at my old home with my brother and and-We should need to figure out whats going on!!!” Ry asserted.

Doohm coughed.

“Yes sorry about that Ry...I know your a little worried....” He said sympathetically.

“Worried?! We almost got killed! And Xera got tortured and we didn't even do anything about the wounds yet!” Ry added.

Oh my thats true!! I looked down at the wounds but then ended up quite surprised to notice....
“They're gone!!!” I yelled in shock.

Doohm lied back down slowly and awkwardly like he had something to do with it. I slowly glanced at him quietly. Could this be because...I cuddled the angel?

Ry sighed in a bit of relief.
“Well that solves one of our problems...But Xera why did Ix do that?! Tell us the details!”

I shook my head putting my hand on it trying to recall the terror that happened to me.

“Ry! Not so much haste! Cant you see she must be traumatized, she shouldn't recall everything so quickly!” Doohm snapped.

Ry was about to apologize but I interrupted that thought.

“No, its fine...I remember.”

Doohm observed me quietly with a doleful look almost looking guilty. I continued.

“Look, first point, I don't believe it was your brothers fault entirely Ry. If i remember from the beginning i was just walking with him after a week of trust, then Xyver appeared and knocked me out. I waked up in a bed. Ix gave me a drink that knocked me out again, and I then wake up to being tortured with that Xyver guy watching.

Doohm shook his head annoyed looking away.
“But IX was the one torturing you.....” He mumbled angrily.
I ignored his irritation.

“So this Xyver guy wanted this to happen you mean?” Dera questioned.

“Certain of it!” I declared. “He even told me before he muted me that he was using Ix to....Return my memory...”

“Memory? Did anything come to you?” Ry asked.

I crouched down to the thought of it.

“I...I saw madness...” I said nervously starting to shake a little.

“Madness?”

I continued nervously remembering the images.

“I saw myself in a straight jacket on the floor of a dark room with a twitching light. It was terrifying. People were...playing with me...Screams meant nothing to them...They wouldn't listen to me!” I spoke in a shaky angered voice.

“Sounds like an asylum...” Ry murmured.

“But Xera never went to one!” Dera exclaimed.

“Well...maybe not...yet?” Ry added.

“Thats impossible!” Dera protested.

I began shaking uncomfortably with the conversation. Closing my eyes, remembering all the hazy images...Until Doohm put his hand on my shoulder and I felt as if i stopped breathing.

“Stop it, Both of you! She obviously doesn't want to hear this conversation.” Doohm ordered. “Look, for now we have no idea. End of discussion. But I do want to know who this Xyver guy is and what he’s planning.”

It was quiet for a moment, but i then regained my breath.

“If...I get back to my memory...Xyver gets my...“power” And he said he’d be able to destroy anything and everything...”

“Whats your power?” Dera questioned.

“I have no idea.” I laughed. “But I know Xyver wants it.”

The room stood quiet of thoughts of how to figure something out.

“If Xera regains this memory without Xyver around long enough she can use it for herself against him couldn't she?” Ry stated.

“But dude, we don't even know what that power is!” Dera proclaimed.

“Well...what if we could use...the mirror?” Ry suggested.

Doohm stood up quickly in shock.

“NOPE!” He exclaimed.

“Whats the mirror?” I asked curiously.

Dera shook his head with a smile.
“The creepiest mirror in the world girly! It shows your true form! I could walk around as a normal human being, but once the mirror would glance at me you see the beast! And sometimes after a small bit the beast beyond the glass would start acting on his own! Its really cool!”

“Oh yeah and it may even try to switch with you and you’ll be stuck in the mirror until you switch with someone else's identity, Such a great idea...really.” Doohm concluded sarcastically. “So pretty much if Xera gets stuck in the mirror there will be a Fake Xera running around and the normal Xera could switch with Ry or someone else. It would never end. Not to mention the fake would be homicidally mad and extremely dangerous. And i don't want Xera stuck in glass. Worse if the glass breaks with her in it.”
OH GOD CREEPY!!!!!!

“I think I’ll listen to Doohm this time guys...” I mumbled.
“But what does happen if the glass shatters?”

“Well, whoever is left in the mirror is stuck there until the last one reflected by the mirror dies. Which is torture if that person is immortal.” Doohm explained.

“Yea but if you look in less then 3 minutes and you don't turn your back you can survive!” Dera claimed. “I tried it!”

“No you didn't.” Ry muttered.

Dera rolled his eyes.
“Okay i didn't but i knew someone who did!”

Ry ignored Dera’s ranting about the mirror.

“Well...I don't think I’ll look for this homicidal mirror anytime soon...”I mentioned.

Ry and Dera gasped.

“Well how will we know your power then Xera?!” They disagreed.

“You guys are pretty curious aren't you?” I pointed out.

“BUT XERA! If you have a “power” Then doesn't that mean you can finally be considered one of US?!” Dera protested. “Your not normal!!! Don't you want to know what makes you so different from society?! And the entire rest of the world?!”

I sighed.

“Well...see...I sort of want to go back to a normal life....this is a little too much for me to take...” I said with a cough.

“BUT-BUT-BUT-” Dera stuttered as i recall...

“OH NO!” I yell interrupting Dera.

“HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN GONE?! I missed so much school!!!!!!”

Dera cluelessly stared in confusion, along with the two others.

“....school?” They all mumbled.

I begin to recall all the things i must’ve missed...I’ll be a drop out!! Nononononononono....!!!!”

“Oh man...” I sighed with a cough.

I got up. “I have to get there no matter what or its over!!” I started to sneeze lightly as Dera flinched away startled by me.

“Why school? If you aren't normal then whats the point?” Dera argued.

“Even if I’m not normal whats the point with all those years I’ve been working and learning to graduate? I have to go!” I claimed.

“But your sick!!”

“But i’ll fail?!” I argued.

“What if you run into Ix again...” Doohm mumbled.

I paused. “Run away in terror???”

Doohm sighed. “Well that response is better then nothing...” As he coughed. “But just...wait until you get better at least...”

I stood quietly and then nodded with a cough flinching Dera away again.

“Fine.”

“Okay very touching everyone but what am i supposed to do here?” Dera complained.

I sighed grabbing a blanket covering myself with its warmth.

“Follow me Dera...I’ll show you the magic of television...”

“Television?” He asked.

“I figure you don't know much about modern technology do you?” I added.

“Barely.”

I grabbed the remote and threw it at him. He catches it.

“Knock yourself out.”

He sniffed it confused. Until he clicked the button noticing the Tv was opening.

“Whats happening?!?!” He gasped.

I still observed him watching the television. He walked closer to it, looking behind it, wondering where the images are coming from.

“What is...This magic?! He asked inspired by the moving pictures as he sat down starring.

I left him there with Ry sitting next to him and him pushing him off the couch still starring at the screen.

I shivered. Its freezing!!!!

So i went to have another hot bubble bath...It was quite relaxing with the warmth of the water. I tried not to fall asleep though cause i don't want to dream about drowning in blood like last time. Anyway i was completely at peace until a hard knock came upon the door, startling me as i hid under the bubbles it opened and Dera came in yelling.

“XERAA!!! RY clicked a button on the remote and now everything disappeared!! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO POOR SUE ELLEN!

I screamed in terror as he noticed me and he started screaming too. Just standing there screaming. I ended up throwing everything I could find at him. So I threw soap at his head. Then he ran out screaming.

“HEY AT LEAST CLOSE THE DOOR!” I yelled.

Luckily Ry came over with his hand over his eyes closing the door saying: “by the way i didn't click anything.”

Dera......I growled in my head.

Later i came back out and snatched the remote from his hand and fixed his problem very quickly. I notice that Dera was watching a soap opera. Hmm not expected from him...Anyway as revenge I coughed on him purposely and he screamed in terror. “I’M HIT!”

A quite satisfying revenge..
Bwahaha...revenge...Dera...
To be honest Dera may be extremely annoying, BuT I sort of like him like a brother. My actual brother Alex, I don't really know him well anyway. He's more like a stranger. But there was a time where I knew him...

***

Its been a week and already me and Doohm feel so much better now. It is sunday. Tomorrow I told myself I’d go to school because I am screwing this up. Thinking about going back sort of makes me forget about everything that happened with Ix and Xyver...Its still there but it bothers me a little less. Right now I’m just catching up in my studies, Homework and books, homework and more books even more homework and even more books...Doohm didn't say much of what he thinks about me going back to school really. Its almost surprising...Could he be maybe actually okay with this?

As I was about to move to the next math question, I notice I’m being disturbed by someone...I look up to notice Dera staring at me from across the table. I looked at him curiously into his puppy eyes.

“...Need something...?” I asked.

“Xeraaaa...” He said slowly.

“Yeeees?” I responded the same way.

He jumped up suddenly
“TAKE ME FOR A WALK?!?!”
I almost fell out of my chair.
“You’ve been working forever Xera!!! Cmon lets go!”

I paused regaining my breath. Causing an awkward silence.
Until i smiled with a laugh.
“Sure.”

We started walking to the door and notice Ry running after us with Doohm walking.

“I wanna go too!” Ry yelled.

So in the end all four of us ended up going for a walk on a sunny day. Doohm didn't say much though. He just followed. Eventually We started walking in the park. It was a little weird how Ry Dera and Doohm were staring at everyone fascinated.

“There are so many people here...” Ry muttered.

Dera growled. “Xera how can you stand it?”

“Good question, how can i?” I laughed.

Dera stopped walking, we turned back looking at him. He was starring at a tree. And suddenly yelled.

“SQUIRREL!!!” and ran away crazily after a squirrel. The rest of us just froze not really knowing how to react.
A few moments later Doohm and Ry started to have to restrain Dera from killing the squirrel and calming him down since people were staring...very awkward.

Once he calmed down we continued our walk and found an old school playground where we rested on the swings for a a little while. The three seemed a little confused on what all these public places are.
I smiled looking at the school. Recalling memories...My brother....

“This was my elementary school.” I mentioned.

The three suddenly paused and starred.

“THATS A SCHOOL?!!” Dera yelled in shock.

“I’m a little...surprised...” Doohm whispered to himself.

“I’m a little disappointed!” Ry said.

What did you guys think it’d be like?

“A LITTLE LESS BORING!” They all pointed out at the same time.
Hm, just by looking at a school they seem bored.
“Well you haven't seen a high school yet.”

I remember when I was younger going to school with my family...My dad...funny how things changed so quickly...

“What is it you guys learn anyway?” Dera questioned.

“They learn mathematics and other stuff....” Doohm answered. “Not the type of things you focus on much Dera...”

I paused.
“Have you guys ever gone to a school?” I asked.

“Well Me and Dev were taught a lot of things when we were younger. Not at a school though, all of us were learning at home...My mother was pretty intelligent. In a lot of subjects... Taught us a lot of things but at some point Dev was the one that taught me the most in the end...” Doohm stood quiet in thought. And looked back up.
“We also then met Dera...and Dev taught us a lot of things from there... At some point though there was nothing left to teach, and then well, one day we met Ix...”

“Ix? Whats your history with Ix?” I asked.

Doohm shook his head annoyed.

“Well know i never Liked him if thats what you mean. Me and Dera were just walking around this one time and we met him, i was about 10 he was 11 dera was 7. We started out as friends, he was always a snob though. Dev lee was pretty okay with him, I’d almost say Ix thought my brother as his own...That didn't last that long though. Anyway so Ix had a lot of family back then, they accepted us, and His sister Evelyn Taught us a lot more...”

“Evelyn....” I mumbled.
I read the end of her journal when i was at Ix’s home..didn't I?...Wasn't she...

“Can you tell me about Evelyn?” I asked.

Ry Suddenly got an irritated facial expression and started swinging uncontrollably on the swings very quickly.

“Eve...well if i remember well she was 10 years older then Ix...She was 21 when we first met her. She was pretty nice until 5 years later...” Doohm recalled.

“She was stupid...Though she was really smart she was really stupid!!!” Dera complained. “Its all her fault for poor Ry here!”

Ry ignored and kept swinging quietly but annoyed.

“What happened?” i asked.

“Go ahead. Tell her!” Ry exclaimed swinging.

Doohm sighed.

“You do know Ix wasn't exactly the best brother to Ry right?”

“Yes...”

“Well it wouldn't be this bad if it wasn't for Evelyn. She’s the first to get the “disease” Then she ended up feeding on her entire family. I remember going there with Dera to pay respects to all of them. Each with two bite marks on their necks. They all died. Ix was 16 and lucky, he got bitten, but survived. Turning into a vampire himself, Ix found out that It was Evelyn all along so he tried to avenge his family, but couldn't find the nerve to kill his own sister. She then disappeared...Leaving Ix with the disease.” Doohm paused.
“I remember seeing him. He hated it at first. He didn't want to feed on anyone, And he felt so angry that he missed his chance to avenge all his loved ones. Thats when he started taking it out on Ry, only four at the time...Then he ended up actually feeding on people...The more he did it the more he liked it. He began to love being a vampire so much, Everything was a game to him, And it became a habit of beating Ry...”

So it was Evelyn that started the vampire thing...

“How did you end up with Ry?”

“At 15 I stopped speaking to Ix when Evelyn left. But this one time I was walking pass his manor, It was pouring rain. I saw outside the manor there was a child in a hood asleep in the rain...He was hurt, bruised, bleeding a bit. Just waiting there. I Knew Ix had a younger brother but never really saw him before until then. I stood there looking at him, confused. He then woke up and started looking at me. Ry started walking up to me and followed me around from then. I felt like I had no choice but to let him come with me. I couldn't really let him stay with his abusive brother...”

I felt so bad for asking...Poor Ry...Ix was a monster...

“I’m sorry...” I mumbled.

“Its not your fault.” Ry said as he stopped swinging. Then he got off. “Shall we get going?”

We got off the swings and started to walk back.
As we walked back along the road, I noticed a group of familiar teenagers walking our way A few boys and girls talking pretty loud I easily noticed a girl with brown hair and blonde streaks in the middle laughing with them. I easily recognized them.
“Hide me...” I mumbled as I begin to hide my face behind Doohm and Dera. They both seemed a little confused. With my hands over my face I moved my fingers to peek seeing them pass us.

She glared at me causing eye contact.
“Really, skipping with guys suddenly? Slut much?” The girl mocked as she walked pass us.
Doohm seemed to have caught her glance of our eye contact even though she didn't notice him.
I felt crushed. I cant believe i almost forgot about her...Mallory...
I don't know why but ever since 7th grade she was hating on me. Making sure I feel miserable, and it works a lot...

I don't know what to say or even think about that comment.
Do they really think that? I blush as all these terrible school memories come back. We kept walking. Everyone seemed confused on how it suddenly went quiet. I frowned as we came back home. And Dera lied down on the couch as usual.
I quietly walked into my room shutting the Door.
I cant believe for once i actually wanted to go back to school. Like i was almost excited...
I miserably hide in my bed covers. Like i usually do when troubled. Trying to sleep it out...

For hours i was just lying there awake, caught up in thought...Why....

“Hey.” My thoughts got interrupted.

I didn't move. Just starred at the wall not reacting to Doohm’s voice. He began to walk closer to me.

“Xera...” He sighed sitting next to me.

I turned away. I don't want to speak to anyone.

“You know if you stay quiet and do nothing, nothing will change...”

I still didn't move.

“What are you afraid of?” He asked.
My mind brought out an answer that i could not speak, and automatically i hugged him as quick as ever quietly tearing up.

“I see...” He smiled dolefully hugging me back. 
“You’ll be alright. After everything you’ve been through...”

I don't want to go back to the start...But will I?