Status: This is a draft i am currently rewriting because it is super badly written. I'm talking seventh grader written. but if you enjoy, great, glad to hear it :)

Gloom DRAFT (Cringey 7th grade story)

Chapter 4, Healing

“Ouch.” I mumbled as Ry put some sort of medicine on my wound.

“Hush.You wouldn't be in this mess if you didn't run off like that.” Doohm spoke harshly.

He speaks so intimidatingly...i sorta cant stand it.

“I wouldn't be in this mess at all if you never came in my life in the first place.” I snapped out.

“Ohohoho...”Dera snickered. “What did you do to the poor girl Doohm? Something must’ve gotten her this angry.”

Not to mention Dera is such a Di...
And Doohm interrupted that thought.

“I saved her life. Thats why she hates me.” Doohm said strictly but then a sad expression came to his face as he glanced at me.

“You also kidnapped me.” I snapped again with the same harshness he gives me.

Doohm had an expression that looked like he just got pierced, pained and shocked with wide eyes and his eyebrows from down to up. He led out a sigh and stood up from the couch he placed me in his...err stone habitat. We can see the light from the moon shining through the colons and the flames of a cozy fire. Either way I think I disappointed Doohm a little. He seemed to have walk away to another room. Dev-Lee, Ry, and Dera were a little speechless.

“You must not judge him...” Dev said.

“Judge? How am I supposed to judge anything right now? I just discovered that werewolves, vampires, Ghosts, they all exist! Whats he then? Some sort of Demon?!”

Dera began to laugh.

“Funny you think that...” He snickered some more.
Dev-Lee put his hand on his forehead.
“Oh Dera, you make it sound like its bad.” And Lee began to laugh along.

“What are you laughing about?” I asked confused.

Ry spoke shyly and quietly.
“Master Doohm sure knows a lot about Demons. But I dont think he could be one. Since he can surpass all the holy things that demons cant. I ounce asked him what he was, but he never told me about it. I think only Lee and Dera know...But I’m certain they wont tell you and I, Xera.”
Even now, Ry looks too much like Ix i still cant believe it.

“Oh...Ry can I ask you something?” I asked.

“Yes.” He nodded.

“Um..Are you related to Ix somehow?”
I think thats a sensitive subject because everybody in the room’s eyes widened at an alarming rate.

“Yes...He was my brother. Until...you know...when he became what he is now...He wasn't very...good to me...Thats when master Doohm let me stay with him as his apprentice. He’s gonna teach me, how to be a stronger demon then Ix.” Ry said sensitively.

He wants to be a demon?!

“Why would you want to-”
“Um i’m a little tired...Bye guys!” Dera interrupted and walked away quickly enough to not notice the wall he crashed in.

I put my hand on my face to hide my laughter. For a werewolf Dera is quite an idiot. I watched him get up dizzy-like. I turned back to Ry but he wasn't there anymore.

Dev whispered over me.

“And don't judge Ry for what he wishes to become. He only wants to show his brother he is not to be controlled.” He said.

I didn't say anything. Just nodded at the ghost. I began to stand cautiously with my knee and began to walk to the hallway near my room. Im just to tired to think right now. Dev-Lee and Dera were quiet.

As I walked through the dark halls, i saw a light from a door almost closed. I peeked to see it was just candles that caused the light. The room had an old dusty table with wilted flowers, and a lot of odd artifacts. I looked to the left to notice Doohm lying on a bed starring at the sealing with his arms behind his head. He seemed troubled. With the look on his face, I sort of felt sorry for him...
I opened the door slowly.

“Doohm...I’m sorry I-” Thats when I noticed there were a bunch of feathers on his bed. What the...
“Where did all those feathers come from?!” I asked extremely confused.
His eyes moved down on me.
“Hm? I dunno...pillows?” He said calmly as he looked back at the sealing.

I shake my head in confusion trying to just shake it out of my head. What was he doing to his pillows??? Oh well...

“Uh never mind. I just wanted to tell you I’m sorry...I shouldn't have acted that way with you...” I said with no eye contact.

“...” Doohm still had that troubled face not reacting or anything.

“Whats wrong?” I asked.

“...I’m sad.” He said...Just like that! So sudden!

“W-why?”

“I cant explain it to you.” He said still staring at the sealing.

“Why not?!!” I Snapped out.

He rolled his eyes and closed them.

“You know what, Im just tired.Okay?”

Well that ticked me off. Specifically because when things bothered me, people always say i’m “just tired” when I’m not.
Well he doesn't seem to be in the state to tell me anything.

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

“I don't think you could help me.” He said.

I feel like this is my fault. But I turned around near the door but noticed next to the broken moonlit window there was something covered in cobwebs and dust. I wen near it and moved off the cobwebs. It was a piano. I sat down at the stool still looking at him, tired eyes trying to get to sleep.
I began to play a song I sorta composed a long time ago when I used to have a piano when I was little. Gently hitting the notes Doohm’s eyes opened.

“What is that?” He asked softly.

“Just a song from my youth.” I said still playing.

“Does it have a name?” He asked again.

“Not really.”

He lied quiet for a moment.

“Its beautiful.” He said with a small doleful smile. “My mother used to play like that.”

I stopped playing.
Its crazy to think that even people like Doohm or Ix or Dera, They all had a mother ounce didn't they?

“No...please don't stop yet.” He yawned.

I continued to play as he would listen. Now that I think of it that must’ve been the first time I saw Doohm smile...

Eventually I took a break and didn't hear anything. I turned to see Doohm fast asleep like a child in his bed. His dark hair over his sleepy eyes. I slowly walked close to him and kneeled next to his bed sort of staring at him...He was so quiet and asleep...wait is this creepy? Yes this is creepy I should stop staring at me i feel awkward. His silky hair was over his eyes, i sort of moved it aside gently. And slowly stood up quietly. He looks like such a sweet child. I then commenced to sneak out of the room while he was asleep and blew out the candles. Right before I could get out the door though, I head him mumble half asleep.

“Xera....Don’t go...”

So I guess I should say more like, half awake.
I didn't know what to say, I was afraid he somehow felt me stroke his hair now I feel awkward.

“Doohm this is all a dream I already left the room!!Go to bed!!!” I whispered.

He was quiet and asleep but then i heard a mumbling negative tone saying:

“....dammit....”

That was actually really cute. I started heading for the door, almost there!!

“Xera...”He spoke again in his sleep.

I turned back around. “What is it now?!”

“Thank....you....” He mumbled as he finally fell back to sleep.

I cant believe an hour ago I saw this guy as a jerk...
I smiled

“Goodnight Doohm..” As I closed the door and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment of what you think of the book so far or whatever comes to mind about it!Could always use some motivation to keep it going! And Its always great to hear from readers! Or at least know you have some right? :D