Status: Updating... whenever :P

Dizzy Up the Girl

Chapter 7

Apparently, when they boys had told me that Louis and Harry were always like that...well, they were always like that. By the end of dinner, looking around at everyone, I began to wonder how exactly a full-scale food fight hadn’t broke out between us. Honestly, I can say that it wasn’t my fault. Louis should have known that throwing an apple slice at my head probably wasn’t the safest bet, so he had no room to complain when I sent a bread roll flying at him.

“Hey! What was that for?” I rolled my eyes, watching Louis carefully for any sign of retaliation.

“You threw fruit at me, you...numpty! What was I supposed to do?” Sitting next to me, I heard Liam let out a snort of laughter before I fixed my attention to him. “Oh, is this good for a laugh, Liam? I am sure that some of these peas are just dying to meet you,” I said playfully, scrunching up my nose as I waved my spoon at him. He sat back, eyes wide, before turning back to his food with a cautious eye on me. Questioningly, I looked around the table before Zayn spoke up.

“He’s afraid of spoons.” I choked, quickly trying to cover it up as a cough, before placing my spoon now quietly. Running my fingers through my hair, I looked over towards Liam sheepishly.

“So, uh, sorry about that. I had no idea,” I told him, but Liam still kept his eyes fixed on the plate in front of him, pushing around his food blankly. The table kept quiet, and I could feel everybody staring at the two of us. I shifted in my seat, nervous, hoping that Liam would say something. I opened my mouth to apologize again, completely ready to act desperate, when I felt something slide down my arm. I jumped at the feeling, wiping away at my arm with a small yelp to find that a few pieces of corn.

“Yeah, I think we’re about even now,” Liam said, laughing, before the rest of the boys joined in. I snorted, finished with playing around with our dinner, before taking a drink of water.

“Jeez, Elizabeth, way to get under Liam’s skin. Such a proper lad, isn’t he? I’d never dream of the day when he’d throw food at a girl,” Louis said, finishing his own dinner with one last bite before winking at me. “Wait, forget what I just said. I seem to remember him throwing food at Harry once...,” he trailed off, much to the outrage of Harry.

“You’re such a tosser,” Harry said, looking towards Louis before quickly taking a few grapes of his plate and tossing them at him. I sat back in my chair, ready to make a break for it, as the look on Louis face seemed to declare war. Luckily, the disaster was diverted.

“Cut it out, boys. We’ve not been kicked out of a hotel yet, so let’s try and keep it that way. I’d hate to have to call your mothers.” Turning my head around, I saw Paul standing behind the table, arms crossed and muscles tight. Immediately, Louis put the carrot down that he was getting ready to chuck at his best friend before placing an overdramatic pout on his face.

“Oh, come on! We’re throwing fruits, man! Fruits! I hardly think anyone will get up in arms about that,” Louis complained, and I heard Niall laugh.

“Food is food, mate,” Niall told his friend before shrinking back, more than likely expecting to get pelted with a stray carrot, but nothing came.

“Fine then. I was trying to make our evening interesting for our guest,” he said, gesturing towards me with his hands. With everyone’s attention back on me, I softly cleared my throat.

“What? How could I not find this entertaining? I’ve been in the hospital for the past week where the biggest thrill around was eavesdropping on the nurses’ conversations.”

“Hear anything worth sharing? You can never have too many rude stories,” Harry said with a cheeky grin covering his face. I laughed before shrugging lightly.

“I’ve got some good ones, but I don’t think you’re old enough to hear them.” The boys all laughed. But Harry only smiled wider.

“Trust me, things like age has got nothing to do with,” he said lowly, and I could feel myself blush. Harry kept his focus on me, and I knew that he was trying to mess around with me. The rest of the boys only laughed harder, and with a short boost of confidence, I smirked. Two could play that game.

“Yeah, but things like size do.” I left the table with that last quip as the boys somehow managed to laugh even harder, getting ready to get myself some more water. However, I found myself stopped by Paul.

“Don’t worry; I’ve got it,” he said before reaching for my glass.

“No, it’s fine. I can get it myself,” I said quietly, but he took my glass before I could say anything else.

“Trust me, it’s fine. You keep entertaining the boys, alright? It makes my job easier,” he said smartly before turning to refill my glass. I snorted, and the boys must have overheard me.

“Don’t listen to anything he says about us, Ellie! He can’t be trusted,” Niall yelled from the other room.

“Yeah! He’s Irish! He only wants you for your pot of gold,” Louis added before letting out a sharp yelp, and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. No doubt that Niall took the comment to heart. I walked back into the room to find Louis clutching Harry’s arm.

“Get off,” Harry mumbled as he shrugged Louis off his shoulder and onto Zayn who seemed startle by this. Sitting back down, Niall poked me in the side, causing me to jump sharply.

“What are you doing that for,” I asked, rubbing my side slowly.

“Just wanted to see what you’d do, really,” he told me, but before I could reply, he cut me off. “And I wanted to thank you for coming over,” he added in a hushed voice. I smiled at him, feeling my stomach turn when he smiled back.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve had fun, really. I don’t get to do stuff like this a lot,” I told him honestly. He kept quiet, looking around at the boys who were all goofing off, before opening his mouth. He leaned closer to me, and I felt my face heat up, but the moment went just as fast as it came when Paul brought my drink back.

“There you go,” he said loudly, giving Niall and I a quick look before turning back. Unable to find my voice, I just waved at him as Niall began to laugh. I looked back towards him, my heart still racing from just a moment ago, before I heard him speak up.

“Sorry about that. Paul likes to make our lives difficult, but I was going to...uh...ask you if you wanted to hang out tomorrow? We’ve got a couple of press interviews in the morning, but we’ve got the rest of the day off. You could show me and the boys where to get some good food,” he said lowly and I laughed.

“Is food all your ever think about?”

“Well, I also quite like to think about how attractive Cheryl Cole is, but...,” he began saying, but he trailed off once I pushed him lightly. The words working their way out, I nodded shyly towards Niall, who was looking at me expectantly.

“Yeah, I’d love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
See what I did with the Louis carrot thing there... ;P Keep on reviewing!!!!! Love you guys!