Status: Finished :)

John H Watson

1

The 'death' of Sherlock Holmes hit John Watson hard and John had been involved in a war he was in Afghanistan for goodness sake he had seen many people be killed and die before but this was his best friend.
There were many emotions he felt the day and weeks after Sherlock's 'death' but that wasn't what was taking it toll on him it was the nightmares he kept reliving the moment that Sherlock jumped every night.
He was a mess he knew it and he also knew that a lot of people were worried about him. He felt abandoned, lost and angry. He felt like Sherlock had abandoned him, lost without him and angry that Sherlock had left and made him watch him die. The grief and mourning that he was going through was becoming to much for him.
It had been a year since then and he knew he should move on but he couldn't nothing interested him anymore. His job as a part time GP was boring and everything else didn't matter and his limp was coming back which pissed him off.
John needed to find something that made him feel useful before he went insane.

-With Mycroft-
Mycroft was on his way to a meeting with Thomas Cunningham who was the head of MI6 Mr. Cunningham was one of the few people that Mycroft had respect for.
Mycroft had a few months ago left a file on John Watson on Mr. Cunningham's desk MI6 was looking for new agents and Mycroft knew John fit the bill of what they were looking for and he could see the toll his brothers 'death' was having on him and working with MI6 was just want John needed plus John was loyal, hardworking, smart and had a good record within the army.
Once he was within MI6 base Mycroft could relax a little this was one of the safest places in England he was lead into Mr. Cunningham's office were the said man was waiting for him.
The meeting was short lasting on 25 minutes and it was mainly Mr. Cunningham wanting to know in more about John Watson for Mycroft meeting with him in the past once it was over Mycroft was sure the Mr. Cunningham would give John the job.
In the car heading back to his office Mycroft thought back over the past few months and the meeting he had with John he had got worse but this was the least he could do for the man because Mycroft knew Sherlock was alive and how Sherlock's 'death' was affecting John.
He hadn't told Sherlock was he plans for John and he never planned to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to add Mycroft into this some how. How MI5 and MI6 find agents is a little of what I have watched on TV about how they found them when WW2 was happening and from what I have heard as well though the usually pick them up when there in University. So go with it. Sorry for any mistakes in spelling and grammar.