Status: Finished

Don't You Ever Forget About Me.

Chapter Five - Rooftop

I changed from my tie dye shirt into a denim jeans shirt with a plain lose gray tank top beneath it. I braided my long dirt blond hair into a side fish braid and took on a pair of black on black classic vans. I opened my make up bag and put on a layer of foundation to even out my skin tone then applied dark brow eyeshadow and mascara and black eyeliner on my upper eyelid and then I was done. I never liked lipstick and hated the feeling and look of lip-gloss on my lips.
I knocked on Kellins bedroom door and crossed my arms while waiting.
"Kellin come on I wanna go" I shouted to him annoyed and impatience. Kellin opened his door and made a gesture with his hands that showed he was ready.
"Finally" I sighed and walked down the stairs.
"Well I'm sorry I needed to fix some stuff" He replied and I made a disgusted noise.
"Ok, wow ew no more information please" I pretend puked.
"Pervert" Kellin said angrily but cracked a smile showing he was joking as well.

We said bye to aunt Alice and Matt who finally had a night free from work. Kellin and I thought it maybe would be nice for them to not have us two around all the time. We got in Kellins car and started the drive to Jesse's house.
Right when we parked the car we heard the sound of music already coming from the house. I opened the car door but Kellin leaned over me and closed it again.
"What the fuck Kellin" I turned to face him but he had a dead serious look on his face.
"Rules for tonight" He said and eyed me.
"Oh come on!" i shouted out load and sighed while crossing my arms.
"No drinking"
"I wasn't planning to"
"Good, no making out with guys"
"Seriously do you not know me at all?"
"No weed"
"Weed? Who do you hang with Kell-"
"Just promise me" He started me down and I just wanted to get out of the car now.
"Ugh, I promise you. I'll be a good girl tonight Kellin" I smiled innocent to him and blinked my eyes several times. He just sighed and got out of the car.

We walked inside and the smell of alcohol, sweat and... weed was everywhere in the house. Jesse lived in a big house with a pool in the backyard that I saw trough the open glass doors facing the backyard perfectly. I looked around to try and see some familiar faces. I didn't recognize anyone except Jack and Gabe who was dancing around while laughing like idiots. I smiled and laughed lightly at them. I walked around the house trying to find someone I knew but I failed. I've never been good around a lot of people and now when I didn't even know them I felt panicked. I jogged up the stairs and tried to find an balcony or anything that was outside and not crowded with people. I opened a random door and found myself in front of a pair stairs that lead up, the rooftop of course. I closed the door behind me and started to walk upwards. I just hope I can finally be alone here, I need to exhale and take a deep breath without all the gross air inside the house. I opened up the door and saw only one single person up here. He turned around and smiled.
"Oh hey Phoenix" Justin said and smiled. I smiled back and walked towards him and sat down beside him. A pack of cigarettes and a lighter was placed beside him and a half smoked cigarette was placed between his fingers. I inhaled the familiar and missed sent and sighed.
"Oh I can stop smoking right now if you don't like it" He said and was about to drop his cigarette but I stopped him.
"No, no it's just. I used to smoke and now I guess I've stopped but yeah you know. You can never forget your first love" I laughed lightly along with Justin.
"Yeah I know what you mean, I tried to stop once. Failed after a week" I nodded and remembered my smoking times during the tree last years of high school.
"I used to drive mom and dad crazy" I sadly smiled at the memory.
"About that Kellin told me..." He bit his lip trying to find the right words I guess. What do you say in these situations. "I'm really sorry, I know how it feels" He finally said and looked into my eyes. I didn't ask anything about the I know how it feels part since I know it hurts to talk about it.
"I'm sad about it too, but I can't ignore the fact. Sometimes bad things happen, you just gotta keep moving" I said and Justin gave me a weak smile that I replied the same way. We sat in silence until Justin was finished with his cigarette and took a new one from the pack.
"Could I have one as well?" I asked and looked at Justin. He looked questioning at me at first and bit his lip.
"You sure?"
"Yeah, fuck being a year clean. I need some freedom too" I said and Justin handed me a cigarette that I put between my lips and he took up the lighter and lightened mine first and then his. Here it goes, I thought as I took a puff and sighed in relief.
"Oh god that felt so good" I said and Justin laughed. I smiled and looked over at him. Tonight he wore a pair of black jeans and a dark gray short sleeved shirt that showed his tattoo sleeve that I hadn't seen before.
"Well someone is inked" I joked and looked up and down his arm.
"It's a part of this life style honey" He joked back and we both laughed.
"Well I got some ink as well, not that much but at least something" I said and showed him my middle finger that had an simple anchor tattooed on it.
"That's awesome" He said and put up his middle finger where an anchor was tattooed as well.
"Best friend tattoos" I laughed and put my finger beside his so we could see if they looked alike.

It had gone an hour and three cigarettes each since I came up here.
"So why are you up here when there is a party downstairs?" I asked Justin who was laying on his back looking up at the few stars on the summer sky.
"Not in a party mood tonight, what about you?" He asked me and poked my arm and smirked.
"Well I've never been a party person really, plus I don't know anybody here and I feel so awkward and I just got a miniature panic attack and wanted to get some air" I took a puff again of my cigarette and smiled. "But I got something better" I said and nodded to the cigarette.
"Damn I thought you were going to say my company" I laughed and laid down on my back beside Justin.
"Well that was something better than a party as well" I smiled facing him.
The door to the rooftop opened and both me and Justin sat up looking to see who had interrupted us.
A tall guy with light brown hair, tattoos and a cigarette in his hand came walking towards us.
"Hey Andy" Said Justin and smiled. His smile gave me butterflies if I have to be honest.
"Long time no see Hills" Said Andy and sat down beside me. He was also very good looking.
"Hi, I'm Andy" he said to me and held out his hand towards me. I shook it smiling.
"Phoenix" I replied.
"Andy is the bassist of We Came As Romans, who we also is going on tour with this fall" said Justin and high fived Andy over my head.
"Yeah, it's gonna be crazy" said Andy and took up a lighter and lightened his cigarette.
"Did Jesse send you up here so you could smoke" Justin asked Andy and Andy nodded and laughed.
"Well welcome to the smoking club" I said and raised my cigarette to my mouth and took yet another puff and exhaled the smoke.
Andy smiled towards me and I smiled back. I could feel Justin's eyes burning in my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah I just wanted to throw in Andy Glass cause I love him and We Came As Romans, and as they stated they are going on tour with them later in the fall and I will make sure they are more in the story then.

So thank you again for the comments and again, don't be a silent reader! :)