Status: Completed =^_^=

The Heart of the Hearth

Chapter Six

I was looking forward to the day. I had two goals for today; see Aster and stay clear of Zeus. I was hoping to meet with Aster this morning when I got there.

I looked down at Athens with a smile. I closed my eyes to reopen them in the field I had gone to yesterday. I walked forward.

“Hestia!” I was stopped only after a few steps. I turned to look to my left. There was Aster, jogging over to me,

“Good morning.” He spoke as he stopped next to me with a smile. I returned the smile.

“Good morning, Aster.”

“Shall we finish our tour?”

“I see no reason why we can’t.” I told him. We both smiled at my words.

“Then let’s begin.” Aster said as he took my hand and walked toward the city. I smiled as he pulled me forward. We walked through the city, pointing out places we had seen the day before.

“You said there was one more place that you wanted to show me.”

“And we are almost there.” Aster replied as he pulled me along. He slowed as a towering building loomed ahead.

“Welcome to the great library of Alexandria.” Aster extended his arm out to the tower.

My eyes lit up. This building that stood before me was the great library of Alexandria. I wanted to run in and begin attacking the mounds of texts that were stored within its walls. I love to read.

“Aster.” I wore an unbreakable smile on my face. “This is wonderess.”

“Shall we go in?” Aster asked me.

I nodded my head, “Yes.” A smile still on my face.

“Then let’s go in.” Aster said as he pulled me forward.

I gaped at my surroundings as Aster and I walked into the library. I saw scrolls sticking out of the shelves in the walls.

“It is so peaceful here.” Aster sighed.

I stopped and listened. It was completely silent. It was as if the bustling of the outside could not penetrate the library’s walls.

“It is.” I muttered. “I like it.”

“I’m glad.”

I looked at Aster. A sweet smile upon his face. I felt an unfamiliar sensation in my chest as I tried to smile back.

“Tha-ank you.” I stammered.

Aster looked at me curiously. I tried to look away, feeling my face redden.

“Are you feeling alright, Hestia? Your face is red.”

I tried to act as if I was interested in a diagram of the night sky that was beside us.

“Yes. I’m fine.”

‘Good.” As the words left Aster’s lips, I watched him lean closer, his lips making
contact with my cheek.

“I don’t want anything to happen to you.” I looked at him with wide eyes. A hint of red shone on Aster’s cheeks.

“Tha…tha…thank y…you.” I stuttered, looking at my feet.

“You’re welcome.”

I looked up to see Aster looking at the diagram of the night sky. I turned back to the photo, studying the stars. My eyes widened as a shape shone to me. I could see a heart in the stars on the diagram. I took a step closer to the picture, feeling my hand brush against something. I looked down to see my hand against Aster’s.

“Sorry.” I mumbled.

“It’s okay.” he mumbled back.

‘Why am I so nervous?’ I wondered. ‘Do I like him?’ Questions flew through my mind. I tried to figure out what I should do.

‘Should I hold his hand?’

I looked out of the corner of my eye, seeing the back of our hands together. I smiled as I wrapped my hand around his. A smile crossed Aster’s face as he grasped my hand back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't they just so cute?1 Hope you all enjoy! =^_^=