‹ Prequel: Beautiful Remains
Status: And let the ending begin

To Be Strong

Chase

Once we were back at the house having gone to the ledge for a few hours,the kids were asleep and I started cleaning. getting the rooms set up for everyone's arrival. I knew Dean was excited and nervous but I couldn't help but have this nag at me.

I knew he missed everyone as did I but we couldn't have them here all the time,I stopped and stared into the room. My emotions waving between so many "Honey...what's wrong?" I heard Dean behind me. I turned and faced him before smiling.

"Nothing,I'm alright" I said,leaning up and kissing him before going back to cleaning. I felt Dean grab my hand and turn me to face him.

"No you're not..what's wrong?" He asked again,staring at me intently. I sighed and sat down,rubbing my face.

"I don't know..I just...I'm nervous about having them come...it's been so long since they've been here so much as changed.." I said,looking up at him. Dean knelt down and took my hands.

"Everything will be fine,I promise" He said and kissed me deeply,laying his hand on my neck.

Time lapse

Dean had left to pick everyone up at the airport,leaving me at the house with the kids who were asleep,having exhausted themselves playing all morning. I finished what little cleaning was left before sitting on the couch.

I fell asleep on the couch,the kids playing in their room quietly until the door opened and loud voices rang through the house causing me to sit up and look around "What the hell?" I asked,standing up only to find myself facing the entire gang.

I froze and a huge grin broke out over my face and I hurried towards them,hugging everyone tightly "Finally,you guys are home" I said happily,forgetting all about my rude nap awaking.