Status: On a break...

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

PART 11

Hannah's first day on tour was going well. She spent the afternoon helping Vinny unload the boxes of merchandise and setting up the stand inside the venue.

"You definitely have an eye for this sort of thing" he complimented her as she arranged t-shirts on the wall.

They were finished after a couple of hours. The time flew by and Vinny kept Hannah amused with all his jokes.

They had another two hours until doors opened and Hannah decided to take the opportunity to do some sketching.

She found a quite corner in the backstage area and sat down, leaning against the wall.

She attempted a few designs, but nothing was turning out the way she saw them in her head.

With a frustrated sigh she ripped out another sheet of paper, scrunching it up and adding it to the pile that lay beside her.

Admitting defeat, she rose to her feet and gathered the discarded bits of paper. She tossed them away on her way back to the merch stand.

"Five minutes 'till doors open" Matt called across the venue.

"You ready for this?" Vinny asked.

"Would it matter if I wasn't?"

Truthfully, the thought of dealing with such a large crowd of people made Hannah a little anxious. She was used to dealing with people in her old job, but never on such a large scale. The show tonight had sold out, meaning there would be 2500 people there. She hoped she could handle the pressure.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. And I'll be right beside you if anything goes wrong. But that hardly ever happens"

He gave her a reassuring smile before the doors flew open and the crowd began swarming into the building.

-

"You did great!" Vinny praised Hannah as they loaded the last of the boxes into the van.

Hannah was proud of herself. It was a busy night but she handled the crowd well. She even managed to calm a girl after she freaked out when the t-shirt she wanted was sold out.

The rest of the crew had finished packing up and were gathered outside the bus along with the band.

They were planning on going out for dinner to celebrate the first day of tour but there was a slight disagreement on where to go.

Some wanted to go to the fancy restaurant a few blocks away, while others wanted to go to the diner down the street.

Matt quickly solved the problem, stating that the diner was the better option because it was closer and they needed to leave for the next venue soon.

There was a mixture of booing and cheering as they began walking.

It didn't take long to get there and once inside they all managed to squeeze into a booth.

Hannah sat next to Jack, which made her happy since she barely saw him all day.

"So, how was your first day? I hope Vinny didn't make you do all the work" Jack asked as he scanned the menu.

"It was fun, I really enjoyed it" Hannah smiled.

The waitress arrived to take their orders, looking annoyed at the size and noise level of the group.

Once everyone had their food, the group quietened down.

"Ugh, I think I ate too much. I need to use the bathroom" Jack groaned, rubbing his stomach.

"God, you're so charming" Hannah teased, shifting to make room for him.

Jack slid out of the booth and walked across the diner.

Hannah pulled her phone from her pocket and sent a quick text to Ashley, filling her in on her day.

She put the phone back in her pocket and looked up. She spotted Jack in the corner talking to some girl. She figured it must be a fan, but then she noticed the girl running her hand up and down his arm. She was tall and slim with long blonde hair. It looked as though they knew each other.

"Hey, who's that?" Hannah asked Alex who was sitting across from her, pointing behind him.

He turned his head, glancing over his shoulder.

When he turned to face back to Hannah his eyes were wide with fear.

"Uh, I dunno, must be a fan or something" he shrugged, obviously lying.

Hannah raised her eyebrows, "You know you're a really bad liar, right?"

Alex shifted uncomfortably in his seat, not able to look Hannah in the eyes.

"She's just someone he used to know. Don't worry about it."

It was clear that Alex was hiding something but Hannah wasn't going to push it. It was none of her business. If Alex says there's nothing to worry about, she should believe him, right?

-

Later that night Hannah lay in her bunk, tossing and turning. Sleep wasn't going to come easy.

She couldn't get the image of Jack and the girl at the diner out of her mind.

Hadn't said a word about it when he returned to the group and Hannah didn't want to pry, but it was clearly bothering her.

She sighed and climbed out of her bunk, walking to the kitchen area and pouring a glass of water.

On her way back to her bunk she could hear hushed conversation in the back lounge. She thought everyone was asleep, but apparently she was wrong.

She walked close enough to make out the voices of Jack and Alex, but not close enough to understand what they were saying.

She decided that they couldn't sleep either and were probably just playing a video game or something so she went to join them.

"Hey guys, can't sleep either" Hannah said

Both boys jumped, clearly startled by Hannah. They immediately stopped their conversation.

"Uh, yeah, something like that" Alex replied awkwardly.

Jack remained silent.

Alex stood up from the sofa, "I'm gonna leave you guys to talk"

He gave Jack a knowing look before retreating to his bunk.

Hannah just stood there awkwardly, confused by what just happened.

There was silence for a moment before Jack spoke.

"I, um, I need to talk to you about something" he stuttered, gesturing for her to take a seat next to him.

She slowly moved to the sofa, taking a seat. She was instantly worried about what Jack wanted to talk about.

"So, I suppose you're wondering about that girl I was talking to earlier?"

It was like he was reading her mind.

Hannah nodded, too scared to speak. She was curious about the girl, but the was Jack was acting made her wonder if she really wanted to know who she is. What was he hiding?

Jack sighed, "Look, I'm not gonna lie to you. She wasn't a fan. Her name is Claire and she's my ex-girlfriend. We dated for a few months last year"

Hannah sighed with relief, "Is that it?"

Jack looked at her curiously.

"Look Jack, I'm not stupid. I know you've had girlfriends before me. That doesn't bother me. I was expecting much worse"

"Well, there's more" Jack hesitated.

Hannah felt her stomach flip with nerves. What more could there be?

"She, um, she kinda wants us to get back together"

"Oh" Hannah whispered, her face dropped. This was the part where Jack was going to break up with her, she was sure of it.

Jack noticed her reaction and moved quickly, wrapping his arm around her.

"I don't want to be with her Hannah. I promise you I have absolutely no feelings for her. You're the girl I love. You're the girl I want to be with" he comforted her.

She relaxed a little.

"But she wasn't too happy when I rejected her and told her I had a new girlfriend" he continued.

"She know's we're on tour now and she swore that she's going to do everything she can to win me back. I tried to reason with her, but turns out she's a bit of a psycho"

He smirked at the last part.

Hannah was not amused.

"What if she, y'know, wins?" Hannah stuttered, almost on the verge of tears. She could really do without a crazy bitch coming in and complicating her relationship.

Jack pulled her closer, their bodies pressed together, "Hey, I would never let that happen. You're the only girl for me. I would never do anything to hurt you. Trust me?"

"I trust you"

Hannah rested her head on his shoulder. She felt exhausted after everything she was just told. She honestly did trust Jack, it was the crazy bitch Claire she was worried about. Just how far was she willing to go to win Jack back?

These thoughts continued to swim around her head as her eyelids became heavy.

Jack scooped her in his arms, carrying her back to her bunk.

He kissed her forehead and closed the curtain.

As soon as her head hit the pillow she drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this makes up for the terribleness of the last part!

Thoughts on Jack's ex girlfriend?

There's gonna be some drama coming soon!