Status: Active

'Till the End

Oxen Free

"Nason and I agreed on blue. So you girls don't have to wear the same exact dress just the same color." Ridley said, Rue didn't hesitate to start shuffling through the dresses in the brides maids department in the store that we were in.

"What made you decide on blue?" I asked

"Mainly Nason. I originally wanted to purple but it Doesn't matter."

"I like blue." Militia said smiling picking up a dress.

"Its Oli's favorite color!" Rue said over the pile of dresses she had forming and still grabbing more.

"Oh really?" Ridley asked switching her gaze from myself to my friend.

"Mhm, like she could wear it like, everyday almost" Rue giggled. It was still morning and it was when she most hyper active "I'm going these on!" She singed frolicking to the dressing rooms.

"I'm going to try on these few" Militia excused herself following Rue's direction leaving me in the room full of bridesmaids dresses alone with Ridley. I tried ignore that fact as I looked for a dress.

"Your friend has a lot of energy" Ridley tried making friendly conversation. So far I hadn't clicked with her as a friend. Don't get me wrong, she was really kind. I think it was just because I hadn't seen Nason yet. He was the reason I came all this way instead I was spending time with his fiance. When I woke up Ridley already had our morning and afternoon planned leaving no time find Nason.

"You haven't seen half of it." I muttered, at that point I didn't care how the dress looked I just grabbed the first blue dress. I turned around and nearly bumped into Ridley. I was unaware she was standing right behind me.

"Sorry" we apologized to each other at the same time.

"I think I love this one the most!" Rue exclaimed twirling out of the dressing room modeling the halter top dress. Militia was behind her sporting a v-neck type dress.

"I'm just gonna," I started to say holding the dress up "Yeah" I said awkwardly leaving. In the dressing room is when I actually saw the dress. It was plain and strapless but I didn't care so I decided on getting it. I walked outside with the rest of them. They were waiting for me which seemed to add to the awkwardness. Rue was busy dancing in front of the three way mirror though.

"Have all of you decided to purchase these dresses?" the woman that worked there asked. The three us looked at each and silently agreed.

"Yes" Ridley answered

"Will you be getting them tailored today?"

"That would be nice"

"This already fits me alright" I whispred to Ridley as we walked over to the tailor department.

"Nonsense, it can always fit better" Ridley said giving me a gentle nudge on to the platform were the tailor began pinning the dress to fit my form. I was definatly feeling like an awkward turtle as I stood there while Militia and Ridley were staring with blank warm expressions. Rue was smiling.

"You look so beautiful, Oli." Rue complimented me

"Beautiful indeed," I heard a male voice from behind me "Nasty!" I saw him walking in to the room. I was about to run to him but the tailor stopped me. "Don't move"

"Hey" he smiled. He looked better since the last time I saw him. He seemed healthier and happier. We kissed each others cheek.

"I've missed you!" I said holding his hands since I couldn't hug him.

"I've been missing you too, Oli."

"You look good" I complimented him giving him a once over.

"All thanks to this lovely lady" Nason said reguarding Ridley who's mood went skyrocking since Nason's appearance. He let go my hands to embrace Ridley, pecking her lips.

"Love, what are you doing here? I thought you'd entertaining to your friends visiting" Ridley asked her fiance.

"I am but I did want to see my cousin since you keep sweping her away from me"

"You're the one that said spend all week to get know eachother before saturday" Ridley said pushing my cousin in the direction of the exit.

"I know but-"

"No buts, besides we're picking out dresses you shouldnt be here."

"Okay, I just wanted to-" Nason kept trying to speak but Ridley kept shutting him down.

"Bye Nason" Ridley shut the door behind him but he opened soon after"

"Text me when you guys are back at the house, Oli!"

Image


When we finally got back to the house it was late afternoon because Ridley had other plans for us after the dress fitting. I manage slip away from the girls to go to the loft in the guest house. I knew I probably should've told Nason that I was back but I had something else important to do first. I grabbed my laptop and opened up skype where I saw Ronnie was waiting for me.

"You're late," Ronnie said as soon his face appeared on my screen "It's about time"

"I'm sorry. I was caught up with some stuff" I apologized. We had scheduled times for skype dates and phone calls. Occasionally, I would be the one to be late or forget. Ronnie was always punctual.

"It's okay" He rolled his eyes smiling "Having fun in Vegas?"

I nodded and told him what I had done so far. He was in the middle telling me a story but was interrupted.

"Oli, Oli, oxen free!" I heard Nason yell from downstairs. I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"Oxen free?" Ronnie questioned. I shrugged.

"There you are." Nason said coming upstairs

"Hey, was going text you but I'm doing something right now."

"Oh I didn't know," Nason apologized. "Hey Ronnie" he waved at my computer screen.

"Nason" Ronnie said shortly. It was then it dawned on me that Ronnie could still have animosity towards my cousin. They hadn't had the best relationship. Before I came I into the picture they used to be best friends. It seemed so long ago I almost forgot. It made me feel like it was all my fault "I'll talk to you later, Oli" Ronnie said

"Wait!"

"Don't worry, I'll call you in the morning"

We quickly said our goodbyes and I love yous.

"Take a walk with me?" Nason asked me. I nodded and followed him outside to the back of the property where there was a lake. On the dock it anchored boats and jetskis.

"This there anything this place doesn't have?" gasped looking over the lake. The sun was just about to set.

"Wait until you see the inside of the main house" he scoffed

"What does Ridley's parents do for a living?" I asked. I wanted to ask Ridley herself but it felt awkward.

"Her dad owns about a dozen casinos in Vegas"

"Impressive" I nodded.

"Yeah" my cousin signed

"Are you okay?" I asked noticing a slightly gloomy tone to his voice.

"I've never been happier." he smiled placing his hands into his pockets over looking the lake.

"So, what made you want to tie the knot? I mean sorry to bring it up but last time I saw you, you said that you baraly liked her"

"I know. After you left I really got to know how wonderful Ridley really is. I love her"

"Aw, thats so sweet!" I cooed. Nason bagain to blush.

"Well, I-" he started to say but stopped because a football came flying in our direction, nailing Nason in the back of his head. "Fuck!" He cursed grabbing his head.

Turning around we saw a group of guys come our way. A group I knew all well.

Brian, Eric, Jeff, and Dakota. They greated me warmly

"Where's Matty?" I questioned noticing him missing from the group.

"He has to work this week," Brian spoke for his brother.

"He'll be here friday though." Jeff added

"Who threw the football!?" Nason demanded to know interupting my conversation.

Everyone pointed towards Dakota who started laugh nervously "Sorry?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok this chapter is kinda shitty -_- & I wasn't sure were to end it either. Next chapter will be way better I promise!

Don't forget to Subscribe? Comment! Recommend.

I wanted to find pictures of the guys but I cant find them anymore! :\ Brian has been totally MIA these past months but I think calling him is too creepy since its been nearly 2 years since I last did. Oh & I have Jeff's number (from creeping around on twitter.) but I'm not sure if I'll text him or not... You lovelies probably don't care, anywhore

<3 Modern.Sunshine

I want the path less traveled on because I want the world to witness me make a difference ;)