Status: Active

'Till the End

Attitude Of Gratitude

Thursday came around finally and nerves were in disarray. I was just so excited to see Ronnie again. So much so I woke up early. That was something I didn't do anymore since I've gotten older and have a full time job.

I rolled over in bed, blinking my eyes in to focus. First thing I noticed was Rue and the amount of candles she had lit around the room. Even though there was a vacant room downstairs adjacent to Militia's, Rue wanted to share a room. It was something I, of course didn't have a problem with. She was making her bed mumbling something to herself. I couldn't make it out but I did catch her repeating the words

"Thank you" and "I'm so grateful for"

Half asleep I managed to groan out the words "Rue?"

"Oh good morning Oli! You're up early" she chirped in her usual cheerful tone.

"What were you saying?" I asked sitting up in bed.

"Every morning I list the things I'm grateful for" she explained smiling.

"Why would you do that?" I asked reaching for my cell phone on the nightstand pulling it from it's charger to look at the time.

"Well, it's how I'm able to stay positive and cheerful all the time." Rue said before she started blowing out the candles so she could turn on the lights of the room "You know I wasn't always this happy" Rue not happy seemed hard to imagined. I didn't say anything though; I let my friend tell her story "After my biological dad left my mother married again. My step dad," she with a scoffed then continued with a repressed grin. "I try not to hate him but god he was a douche" she chuckled but it wasn’t a cheerful one, I could hear the sadness in it.

"What did he do to you?" I questioned

"He was abusive" Rue kept a forced smile on her face then looked away. “Sexually"

"I'm so sorry" I apologized. I really had no idea.

"It's okay because even though my mom blamed me after I got put for adoption the Monroe's took me in. They're great and made me like their own" she skimmed over the fact her own mother blamed her douchey step dad for raping her. Then being put up for adoption? "I'm grateful for that" she smiled

"Wow, Rue I had no idea" I said slowly. Anyother person that went through what she did would most likely be angry and bitter. Its hard to believe she could let things go like that.

"It's okay. I'm fine" she sat on the bed opposite of mine "So what are you grateful for, Oli?" She asked. I thought for a moment. There was so much in my life I was grateful for. My friends, my cousin, my job but at the top of my list was Ronnie.

"I'm grateful that today is the day I see Ronnie for the first time in three months"

Image


Waiting for Ronnie's arrival was not at all what I expected. I was waiting outside accompanied by Rue when Ridley and Militia came strolling by.

"Any particular reason why you girls are just standing here in the middle of the night?" Militia asked.

"We're waiting for Ronnie" Rue answered with a smile.

"Interesting, can we join?" Militia asked me.

"If you want" I shrugged. Little did I know adding the two would attract some of the guys outside.

"Why are we just standing here?" Eric asked with Jeff standing next to him.

"We're waiting for Ronnie." Militia answered

"Really? Can we join?" Jeff asked.

"I don't care." I shrugged again. I checked the time on my phone. It was almost twelve o'clock. I tried to keep from worrying. The last I talked him was this morning. He was on his way but he was also a few states over.

"Ronnie's coming?" Dakota asked Eric and Jeff whom nodded

"Awesome"

And that's when I started getting annoyed. All the people where going to be in the way.

C'mon Ronald, where are you? I began to question myself when a tour bus rounded the corner. Everyone’s chatter seized as it stopped a few yards away from of us. The doors slowly pulled back and out popped Aaron looking fabulous as ever. "I have arrived!" He singed striking a pose. It was a surprise seeing him unexpectedly.

"What the..." I heard some of guys gasp at the skinny tall man in hot pink short shorts.

"Aro!" Rue ran to hug her best friend. The next person off was Derek who was on crutches. Ronnie told me he had broke his foot on stage and for the last half of the tour he was in a wheelchair still playing shows. Then Stina came out she gave me a hug but I couldn't fully express how much I missed her since she went on tour but I hadn't seen Ronnie. Jenn and Ryan came piling out. Everyone had formed in groups catching up I sorta of stood of the side, waiting still. Then I saw him. He saw me. I ran into his awaiting arms that caught me around the waist. He picked me up and swung me around.

"Oli" he singed quietly in my ear as I hugged him. "It’s been to long" he cooed, I agreed. When we managed to detach ourselves the guys seized the opportunity to talk Ronnie. He still held me close by. I most definitely didn't mind. I tried not showing too much affection in front of my friends but I couldn't help but to nuzzle close to him. I missed the scent of his cologne these past months. So much so that I went out and brought a bottle of the brand and sprayed it on my covers of my bed. It wasn't the same because I loved the way scent mixed with his natural smell. It was intoxicating.

While Ronnie was catching up with his old friends Brian, Eric and Jeff I managed to hear Jacky's soft voice over the men in front of me.

"Um, Militia?" He said. I redirected my gaze to see what was happening.

"Oh Jacky! I haven't seen you in almost a year." She greeted warmly with a hug. I had to contain my amusement. Militia being over six feet in height had to bend over slightly to hug Jacky who was about 5'9. His head rested on her chest as they had their hug.

"Can we talk," Jacky said then he did his awkward feet shuffle he did sometimes "In private" I saw Militia smile and nod then watched as they went off in the guest house I'd been staying in.

"We got a couple bottles back in the guys guest house!" Eric announced, I snapped back my gaze to my surrounding friends. Everyone agreed and started for the said location.

"Hey Ronnie, Oli aren't you coming?" Jeff called out.

Ronnie had his arm around my still shoulder as he looked down an smiled "Nah, maybe later"
Jeff shrugged and of course went on his way.

"I wanna show you something" I said taking Ronnie's hand and leading him towards the back of the propriety. I let go of his hand "Catch me if you can" I teased before taking off running towards the lake. His fast footsteps were auditable behind me as I stopped at the edge of the dock. I pulled my dress over head on to the ground and kicked off my shoes before diving in the surprisingly warm lake water.

"You can't be serious” I heard him mutter as I resurfaced.

"Can't get to me,” I playfully taunted swimming farther away. I watch Ronnie take off his shirt and pants.

He disappeared under the water. It was pretty dark out but I kept swimming. He'd been under for a while, I started panicking realizing I wasn’t sure if he swim or not. We'd been to the beach before it was mainly relaxing or splashing in shallow water. Surly he was sensible enough not go plunging in deep water if he didn't. "Ronnie?" I ducked under the water. Everything was stagnant besides the ripples I had created. No sign of him. I went up to get air "Ronnie? Come on this isn’t funny anymore! Ron-” that’s when I felt familiar hands a wrap around my ankles and dragged me under. It wasn’t the fact I was being dragged to the bottom of lake that scared me. It was that the water in my lungs that hindered my self control. I felt his arms wrap around my body and we popped to the surface.
“Not cool,” I gasped between coughs. I slapped his chest

“Sorry” I looked up to him to see his long dark hair plastered face and neck. I watched as the water dripped from his face. I couldn’t stay mad at him. Not even for second if I wanted to.

“Did you miss me?” I asked lacing my fingers around his neck. My gaze drifted from his eyes to his full pale pink lips, both features so gorgeous and irresistible.

“ Of course I did”

“I know, I just wanted to hear you say it,” I admitted not being able to hold back my grin. He planned a simple kiss on my lips

“So is this lake all you wanted to show me?” Ronnie questioned as we floated in the water

“Well, technically I wanted to show you that” I pointed, Ronnie’s eyes follow the direction of my index finger to the zip line that was on the other side of the quarter of a mile long lake. He glanced back with a risen questionable brow. “Or maybe some other time” I quickly changed. I guessed he was tired considering all that happened through his day.

When we were back on the dock, we were of course dripping wet.

"Maybe there’s towels in in these boats" I suggested hopefully. There weren’t went any of course but I had a feeling the yaht did.

"It's locked" Ronnie sighed turning the handle.

"I have a confession to make, " I said slowly.

"What is it this time?" Ronnie asked preparing himself. A few months back I promised not keep any secrets. I didn’t think it was a big deal but Ronnie seemed to think so. It was the little things I didn't believe were important enough to talk about.

"I can pick a lock" I said pulling a bobbypin out of my dripping hair. He rolled his eyes stepping aside for me to open the door. I took the rubber tips off and flatting it "Why did you learn to pick a lock"

"When get locked out as much as I did" I said bending the thin metal and sticking it in the tiny hole "You learn a few tricks" the door popped opened

"Impressive" Ronnie nodded in approval.

Inside we found so much more than we were looking for. Ronnie wasn't sidetracked like I was he started looking for towels scouring through cabinets. So I did the same.

"I found the towels" Ronnie said throwing me one.

"I found wine" I said pulling out a bottle and two glasses

"You drink to much" Ronnie scold me

"No I don’t,” I denied. I wasn’t that bad. I mean yeah I adopted the habit from hanging with friends. Then partying. But I was moderate unlike some of the people I party that get sloppy drunk and can’t stand. Like Samie, or Aro on occasion. "Come on, have a drink with me" I pouted. "Please Ronnie"

"Fine" he gave in. while looking for a corkscrew I found candles and a lighter.

Glass were poured, candles melted. Ronnie didn’t really drink, though he took a few sips I believed just to make me happy.

I started to pour another glass for myself but Ronnie took the bottle away from me and started kissing my neck.
"Ronald" whispered playfully titled my head for him to get better access. He took use of the extra space provided. He sucked, nibbled and kissed. I could feel there would definitely be marks left. I wondered shortly if I had some concealer but the thought was interupted by my boyfriend tugging on the lose knot of the towel I had around my body. I could see the lust that clouded his chocolate color eyes as the reflection of thee litted candlewick flickered in his large pupils. As I stared in his mesmerising gaze I was aware of his huge rough hands gripping my hips forcing my back against the wall. Nothing compared to what I felt at that moment. I'd waiting for three months, longing for his touch, something that phone calls and Skype didn't provide. I was grateful for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, so....I'm like SOO sorry for not updating. School started about 3weeks ago... You lovelies know how I'd always do most of my writting during my lunch period last year? Yeah, this year my lunch is 30 minutes! Idk, maybe I'll just not eat lunch a few days a week so I can post.

Anywhore,
Subscribe? Comment! Rec.

<3 Modern.Sunshine

One of the simplest ways to stay happy, is by letting go of the things that make you sad ;) stay positive Lovelies!