Maybe We're Just Having Too Much Fun?

Capítulo Veintidos

"A few more days," I told myself as we were driving down the freeway to our show in Las Vegas. The next show was in Phoenix, Arizona. Close to New River. I was happy because I will be able to see Carolina maybe see her give birth to our baby girl. I hope. If I find her. It's been two weeks since we've been on the road. So she's due very soon and I'm a nervous wreck now. I really do hope I find her though. I mean, we haven't spoken in almost two months. I filed the divorce papers long ago. I don't know when it will be finalized but I now know what I want. I want Carolina with me back in California and raising our kid together. She's not gonna let me back in easily but whatever she wants, I'll do. Anything for her to come back home and be mine again. My heart belongs to her and I'm gonna give my heart whatever it yearns for.

"Tone," Vic's voice brought me back from my deep thoughts. It was my turn to play dominoes and I kept getting distracted. I've probably been annoying them these past two weeks because I'm always bringing up her name or not even paying attention to them. I'm so messed up right now. I haven't even been eating right or acting the same way. I'll return back to normal once I see her. Just give me one day and she'll come home with me. She won't want to stay in Arizona anymore. We'll be back to the ways things were before all the drama initiated. Our happily ever after.

"Are you gonna play or not?" Mike snapped at me and I put down a domino next to the one that had the same number as mine. I felt Vic pat my back.

"Tony, concentrate. We need to put a good show on for our fans."

"I know, it's just...I'm sorry." I continued playing and Mike won, so he slammed a domino in my drink and I chugged it down. The burning sensation on my throat made me crave more, but I wasn't planning on heading towards that direction. This game is supposed to be played with beer but Mike wanted to play with Jack Daniel's. I don't even drink as much as I used to. I also don't plan on getting drunk anymore. Staying home and taking care of Little Perry is all I plan to do for the rest of my life....if I even get to see her.

"I'm done playing with you," He got off the booth and stood up. "You make me want to slit my throat. Caveman!!" He walked down the lounge and left to Casey. I looked back down at my cup and stared at the domino inside.

We pulled up to a restaurant shortly and we all went to ear. I was trying my best to not think of Carolina since I haven't had a single conversation with the guys without mentioning her name. I didn't want them hating her because I annoyed them all the time about her. When ever I talk, her name would come out and they would just roll their eyes at me or groan. My goal was to not mention her name until after the show at Phoenix. Because after the meet and greet, I'm searching for her. Let's see if I can accomplish that goal.

CAROLINA
"I'm at the airport, ya para de molestarme." My best friend laughed over the phone. She'll be arriving here soon since I already started getting minor contractions. Even thought I'm 34 1/2 weeks, the doctor informed me that she might come out sooner if I continue having these pains. As much as I wanted her to come out already, I can't handle the pain. Even if this is minor, I DO NOT want to know how the bigger contractions feel like. I'm not a fan of physical pain. I'm a weak person as it is.

"Call me when you land! I'll be waiting there for you with someone beautiful."

"Who?" I heard the excitement in her voice.

"Me, estupida. And my nephew." I smiled. He’s the most precious thing in this world. He and my baby will be best friends/cousins.

“You said beautiful, not ugly.”

“Mendiga,” I told her. “I’ll let you walk to my brother’s house then.”

I was playing with you girl. You know you’re beautiful. Ya me voy. I'll see you soon! Bye."

I hung up the phone and looked at my little nephew playing with his toy. He was giggling and smiling which made me want to cry. He was so adorable and looked a lot like Ceez. I fed him all the time, changed his diapers, took him a bath and rocked him to sleep. I never got tired of it. I was taking him away from Lily and Ceasar. They were fine with it. In a few days, I'll be holding my little princess and doing all of those things to her.

I rubbed my stomach. It was huge. For someone tiny like me, it was big. I felt like I was having twins.

I went to the kitchen and made myself something to eat as I waited for Feena to arrive. Feena wasn't her real name. She gave herself that nickname when she was little and it stuck with her forever. Her real name is Deanna. I like it, but she didn't.

I held on to my stomach as I had another contraction. Fuck my life. They get worse every time and they are getting closer. It was terrifying.

It was finally time to pick Feena up, so I got my car keys and placed Isaac in his baby seat. I gave him his bottle and then opened the door to the driver's seat to sit down. I prayed before I started the ignition and then took off to Phoenix.

FEENA
I fucking hope we land soon even though I just got on the plane, but I'm sitting in between the two most annoying girls I ever met in my life. They were both talking about some guys they were going to see at a show and passing magazines to each other while laughing or doing other annoying noises that didn't sound like it came from human beings. I wanted to slap them already, but I just pop'd in my head phones to cancel out their annoying voices. Just one hour until I never see them again. One hour, Fee.

I closed my eyes and started listening to Don Omar. Reggaeton was my kind of music, unlike that stupid rap music you listen to on the radio about titties and dicks. Stupid shit that shouldn't even be considered music. We need songs about love and how people struggled in life and just fucking inspirational music instead of influencing kids about sex at an early stage.

"I'm sorry!" The girl yelped at me as she accidentally hit my chin. I gave her a dirty look and went back to my music until I saw a familiar guy in one of those magazines they were passing around.

"HOLD UP!" I yelled at them and they both stopped moving, not even moving a muscle. I took the magazine from them and stared at it. "This is Tony right?" I faced the girl on my right and then the girl on my left.

"YES!"

"OMG you like Pierce the Veil too?!" They started talking about them at once and I continued looking at the magazine.

"They're playing tonight and I already have my VIP tickets and meet and greet wristbands and everything ready!"

"Wait a minute, they're having a show? Tonight? In Phoenix?" I scrunched my eyebrows and looked at the girl on my right.

"YES!" She squealed and stomped her feet on the floor, alternating them. "I'm gonna propose to Vic and tell him how much I love him! And then hug Jaime and never let go!"

"Tony and Mike are my favorite! I made them a Harry Potter and Star Wars blankets!" The other girl shrieked.

He's gonna try to find Lina today. That's perfect. They'll finally see each other. Even though Carolina is my best friend, my hermana, soon to be my comadre, I truly believe that Tony and her are meant for each other. Tony's a changed man, he deserved one last chance. Doesn't he?

We finally arrived at Phoenix, Arizona and I quickly got out of my seat to leave the two annoying girls. They were around 14 or 15 and I can't handle little people. I don't how Lina can, but no. Kids are not gonna be in my future at all. Pets are more better. Like my little Princess Nini.

I walked down the airplane and walked to the luggage area to claim my bag. I waited until my bag showed up and I heard those annoying girls again. I rolled my eyes and started talking to myself really fast in Spanish. The guy on my right looked at me, and was giving me a strange look.

"Que!?" I told him, giving him an ugly stare.

"Your accent." He smiled. "I love it. Where are you from?" He turned to the side to face me.

"Soy Dominicana." I replied to him and then pressed my lips together.

"Yo tambien."

My heart stopped. I haven't met anyone from there, so it brought a huge smile on my face and I introduced myself to him.

"Feena?" He repeated.

"It's Deanna pero I like Feena better."

"Deanna is a beautiful name, you know that, right?"

I couldn't help but blush. After talking to him for awhile, my bag finally showed up and he helped me by grabbing it before it left. We said our goodbyes and I left to go find Lina. I looked for my phone so I can turn off airplane mode and I call her. I exited the little room and I stopped in my tracks as I saw her standing there with her big stomach and her baby nephew in the stroller. My face lit up and I ran to her for a big hug.

"I missed you Chica!" I wrapped my arms around her and rocked from side to side. "Please come back to Cali! It's not the same with out you!"

"I missed you too! And so did my princess." She smiled and pulled away from me. I looked down at her stomach while I rubbing it.

"Ready to pop?" I smiled and she chuckled.

"I'm scared, but whenever she wants to come out, I'll be ready. Well, I'll try." I was still holding on to her hand and I let go when I heard Isaac giggling.

"Y tu, que hermoso estas!" I grabbed his cheeks lightly and he giggled again.

"Are you sure you don't want any kids, Fee?" I looked back at Lina and gave her one of my looks.

"I'm positive. I don't want kids running around in my house and making a mess. You know I'm a clean freak."

She laughed and we began to walk to her car. As we entered her brother's house, I immediately fell on her bed and stared at the ceiling. "It's so hot!" I whined.

She came in with Isaac, "It's called an AC." She placed him on the bed since he was asleep. She laid down next to him and played with his hand. She then made a painful face and held on to her stomach.

"You okay?" I sat up, I don't know how the pregnancy thing works. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. She hasn't answered me, and continued holding her stomach. I got up quickly and went to her. I grabbed a hold of her hand and she squeezed the crap out of it.

"I. Hate. Being. Pregnant." She said through her clenched teeth and continued gripping my hand.

"Should I take you to the hospital?! What should I do Carolina! Me estas asustando!"

I heard the door open and I see a curvy guera with blonde and black hair coming in. Then I see an almost exact replica of Carolina but with a manly body. Ceasar and Lily.

"Contractions?" She smiled and walked towards us. "I'm Lily." She stretched her arm down to me and I shook it.

"Feena." I smiled back.

"Ceasar." Her handsome brother came, he had the same smile as Carol.

"Nice to meet you guys." I said to them.

"Lily, I can't handle the pain. They get worse every time." Carolina cried.

"You're almost in labor, baby girl." She sat down on the bed and smoothed out Isaac's hair. "How many minutes are they apart?" She popped in a whooper chocolate candy into her mouth.

"I'm gonna get the stuff ready just in case she pops tonight." Ceez left the room. I looked back at Carolina.

"Like a few minutes or an hour. They're all over the place. I kept pulling over on my way to the airport when I felt like having one."

"You're not supposed to drive, mensa." Lily pretended to slap Carolina’s head. I liked Lily already. She kinda reminds me of me, a little.

After a few hours of talking, we went to the kitchen to make food. Carolina stayed in bed, she couldn't stand up anymore and I had a feeling she's going to pop tonight. I know it. Lily and I started making Ceviche.

"She's popping her out tonight. I just read my horoscope." Ceasar got up and showed us on his iPad.

"Stay in tonight for a new life and experience will start." I read. "That's creepy."

"All my horoscopes don't lie. They're 100% true." He smiled and leaned on the fridge.

"What's your sign?"

"Pisces." He replied. I faced Lily.

"What's yours?"

"Scorpio." She smiled big, closing her eyes.

"Perfect match." I told them with a big smile.

"I know!" He sounded excited and went back to the couch.

"What about that Tony guy?" Lily asked me.

"Uh, he's birthday's on February 25."

"Pisces." They both said in unison.

"You guys really believe in that?" I crossed my arms and glanced at both of them.

"Yes, I'm marrying mine in a few months. Tony and Carolina are both water signs, so they make a perfect match also." Ceasar informed me. I smiled at him then checked my phone and it was 6. I heard footsteps down the hallway and I peeked over to check on Carolina, she was groaning in pain, holding her self up with the help of the wall. Her other hand was holding her stomach.

"I can't do this Fee." She was crying and I ran to her and helped her up but I felt a liquid dropping on my sandals.

"Her water broke! Baby, she’s in labor." Lily shouted and ran to Lina's room. Ceez got up quickly from the couch, picking up Isaac and then went to the kitchen to get his keys out of the key hanger. I just stood there not knowing what to do. I was in utter shock and I couldn't move me feet.

"Feena, I'm not ready for this." She cried to me. I couldn't speak, I was looking down at my feet that were wet. All that went through my mind was Tony. He wants to be here with her on this day.

"Let's go!" Lily marched down the hallway with Carol's packed bag and headed out the door.

"Take Isaac, I'll hold on to my sister." Ceasar said to me.

I got Isaac out of his hands and carried him to the car. Carolina was groaning and screaming and crying at us that I just wanted to smack her in the face, but I didn't. I had her phone. I should get Tony's number, I mean he is the father and it's only fair that he gets to see his kid being born.

I looked through Carolina’s contacts and memorized Tony's number. He needs to be here. I won't let him miss this big day for both of them. Carolina will thank me later.....Okay, maybe she won't, but still, I have a heart.

We arrived at the hospital and they immediately took her to her room. She still wasn't ready to push, so she had to stay in bed and wait until the baby is ready to come out. She was still having contractions and was crying and getting bitchy at us. Worse than before. I wanted to leave.

"Ceez, Lily, I have to do something REALLY quick, are you okay staying here for a few minutes without me?"

"Save yourself." Ceez said. I asked to borrow his car and made an excuse. He got his keys out and tossed them to me. "Be back in time or else she'll kill you."

I smiled, "I promise!" With that said, I ran out the door and to his car. I pulled up to the venue they were playing at in Phoenix and ran to the entrance.

"One of the band member's girlfriend is in labor and I need to get in there right NOW!!" I shouted at the security guards who were guarding the entrance.

"No ticket, no show. I'm sorry miss."

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! His girlfriend is in labor!?" I yelled at them.

"That's really nice."

I got mad and tried running inside but hey pulled me away and threaten to have me arrested. I backed away trying to think of a plan. Then suddenly I realized that I memorized Tony’s number. I took out my phone and dialed his number, hoping it was the right one. And if it is, he better pick up. I'm doing all this for him, it's the least he could do.

TONY

"Thanks for coming to our show." Vic smiled at the fans who were getting their poster’s signed. One of the girls gave each of us a hug and got her picture taken with all of us.

"I made these for you." She said excitedly and handed us each a box with stuff inside. Our eyes and smiles got wide and we thanked her again with another hug. My phone kept vibrating and I pulled out to see who it was. I wasn't allowed to pick up during meet and greets but something told me to take it out. Mike elbowed me and I went back to the fan that was in front of me.

"Hello there," I smiled at her and she asked for a picture. I leaned over on the table as we posed for the camera. After the picture, she gave me a Star Wars lightsaber and I hugged her and thanked her for it. As she left, I felt my phone vibrate again. I took it out quickly. I saw an unfamiliar number. I immediately picked it up, praying that it was Lina.

I lowered my head so I can hear. "Carolina!?" I whispered into my phone.

"It's Feena! I'm outside the venue and the stupid security guards won't let me enter!"

“Feena? You're in Arizo—”

"That doesn't matter! Carolina's at the hospital and you have one minute to get your ass over here before I leave without you!"

"She’s at the hospital already!?” I nearly shouted, trying to make sure I didn't misunderstood her with all the noises surrounding me.

"55 seconds Tony!" She shouted back at me and hung up. I quickly shoved my phone inside my pocket and got up from my chair.

"Where the hell are you going?" Mike growled at me.

I looked back to face him, "Carolina. I have to go." I started walking away but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to my seat. He leaned closer to me so the fans wouldn't listen.

"Must I fucking remind you that you're currently in a meet and greet! Carolina can fucking wait!" He hissed. I pulled my hand back and got up from my seat again.

"THIS CANNOT WAIT! SHE'S IN LABOR!" I yelled at him, which caused everyone to look at me. It was complete silence accept for the other band doing sound check. I started walking away.

"Hey Mai,..." I heard him tell our merch girl. But I was running towards the entrance of the venue so I didn't hear what he told her. I didn't care. Carolina is giving birth tonight and I'm gonna be there! My daughter is being born tonight and this is the day I get to see her in my arms. The day I finally see Carolina after what felt like a year. This could be my chance to win her back and show her I need her and want her back in my life. Nothing is going to stop me. Not even Mike or the guys.

"TONY!" I heard a familiar voice scream out my name, but I didn't bother to turn back, I had to find Feena outside. If I don't, then I lose my chance.

"STOP FUCKING RUNNING TONY!"

"CAROLINA DOESN'T WANT YOU ANYMORE! DON'T YOU GET IT?!" Another familiar voice shouted. I finally saw Feena in the front and she was walking away.

"FEENA!" I shouted. She turned her attention towards me as I waved and shouted her name again. I stopped running and started walking to her. I had a big smile on my face. I was happy to see her. I was also happy that she was on my side now. She wanted me to see my baby and also wanted me back with Carol.

I heard footsteps running behind me, "Tony, are you fucking stupid!? How the fuck are you going to leave in the middle of a meet and greet?!"

Mike.

"I need to see Carolina!" I snapped at him. "I'm not leaving without her."

"We have a fucking show tomorrow! We have to leave Arizona tonight to get there on time!" He grabbed a hold of my wrist as I started walking away from him. It yanked me towards him. I jerked my hand away from him and stopped walking to face him. I was glaring at him as my face started to heat up and so was the blood on my veins.

"You can always find another girl." Vic said, walking from behind Mike with Jaime. They were running.

"She's just a girl, Tony." Jaime added. "You tried getting her back, but she's not letting you. It's been two months, I think it's time you stopped chasing after her."

"She's not just a girl Jaime! She's THE girl! Don't tell me I can always find someone else! She made me change into a better person! You even told me I needed to settle down! You want me to go back to the way I was? Fucking random girls at parties or clubs? Doing the same thing every fucking weekend? As if they were toys?" He shook his head. "There you go! My heart belongs to her. Where ever she is, that's where I belong. She's my family. My life. She holds my heart. And I don't want to miss the day I become a father." I put my hand on my chest. "I'm not leaving Arizona until I see her and get her back. Even if I miss a show, this is more important right now. My daughter is entering this world, and I'm not gonna miss this day. I'm sorry Vic, I'm sorry Jaime and I'm sorry Mike, but you guys would understand if the girl you love, who could be your wife, is carrying your child."

I stared at them for a moment to hear their response, but they all remained quiet. I put my hat back on and went after Feena to the car. I didn't look back, I continued walking and opened the car door of the passenger seat and took off to the hospital.

I'm not missing this moment. Even if I lose my career, my family comes first. Love before glory...right?