Status: Writing in it When I Want to

New and Pretty

Kate and Anne

"Probably just nervous because he doesn't want to mess up your guys' relationship again." The other new girl said. She was dark skinned and had black hair. She was also a little chubby but wore clothes that made it look good on her.
"That's Ross' girl, Kate. She can come across as a little blunt sometimes but she's a really nice person." Honey whispered to me. I nodded.
"So who's she?" Kate asked, pointing to me. Honey laughed and gave me a told you so look.
"This is Essy, Matt brought her to pizza last night and we met all met her but you and Anne." Honey said. Kate nodded.
"What's Essy short for?" Anne said. Anne seemed a lot more intelligent than the other girls, as she actually carried around her books instead of a purse full of make-up. I liked her instantly, but it was easy to tell she wasn't the most well-liked in this crew.
"Esmeralda, it's long and weird, my parents are annoyingly creative." I laughed. The girls laughed along with me. I could tell they were glad I used Essy and not my real name.
"So did Matt say anything about me when you guys walked home together?" Krystal said, sharply. I shook my head.
"No, we just talked about football mostly." I lied. What was I supposed to do, say I made-out with her boyfriend against my will? She nodded and turned to Suzy.
"What are you doing after school today?" Then they continued their side conversation for the rest of lunch.