Status: Writing in it When I Want to

New and Pretty

Don't Creep Him Out

"Who are you hanging out with today? Usually your friends don't knock." She said.
"His name's Keelan, Don't creep him out." I said, getting up and jogging to the door. I opened it to reveal Keelan leaning in the doorway.
"Hey." He said. I turned to see mom standing right beside me.
"Uhmm, this is my mother, Keelan." I told him. He laughed and reached his hand out.
"Nice to meet you. Be good to her." Mom said, letting go off his hand and walking back to the kitchen, dish towel in her hand. I looked up at Keelan and laughed. He grabbed my hand and we walked down the steps.
"She seems nice." He said as he backed his truck out of the driveway. I laughed and watched as he concentrated on the rearview mirror. He reached over and put a hand on my thigh.

The park was really deserted for a weekend. We got out and he held my hand as we walked to the bench by the pond.
"So, let's get to know the real Esmeralda." He said, putting his arm around my shoulders. I sighed.
"Not really much to know but whatever you say." I said, continuing to tell him about my life now and before I moved here. We stayed at the park until about 4pm when I mentioned that I was hungry.
"We could go out for pizza?" He said, I nodded in agreement and we started back to the truck. I stopped halfway there when I seen Suzy walking down a path looking lost.
"Suzy, are you okay?" I shouted to her. She looked up at me but didn't reply.
"That's weird." Keelan said, but I could tell by his tone of voice he wasn't interested enough to go after her. I sighed and reluctantly followed him to the truck.