Status: Finished. Working on the sequel.

The Reckless and the Brave.

Epilogue

Two weeks later

The young man looked at the calendar again. ‘No’, he thought, ‘this could not be happening, not now.’ He did a double take, but realized it wasn’t lying. He almost hit the wall in frustration, why now? Why did this have to happen now?

Alex ripped the damn thing of the wall and hurled it across the room. He was leaving… tomorrow. He had less than 24 hours to spend with her and there was nothing he could do about it. Tomorrow morning he had to leave the clinic and leave Summer behind.

He sighed and made his way to her room, wanting to spend as much time with her as possible. He knocked twice and let himself in. Summer smiled at him, coming closer for a kiss. He accepted it gratefully and when she pulled away he didn’t let go of her.

She gently placed her hands on his arms and glanced at the calendar on the wall behind him. “So you’ve seen the date then?” Alex mumbled, burying his face in her neck. He felt her nod. Summer pulled back, forcing him to let go of her, and picked up her notebook. [b[You’re leaving tomorrow.

Alex shook his head. “But I don’t want to leave.” He mumbled. “I don’t want to leave you.” Alex you can’t stay here forever. You have a life, think about your friends, the band, your fans. You can’t turn your back on them.

Alex sighed. “I know, I just hate the thought of you being here on your own.” Summer smiled. I’ll be fine. I’ve been here on my own for 9 year, I’ll survive a few more. Alex wrapped his arms around her again. “I love you.” ‘I love you too.’ she mouthed. “I’ll come visit, I promise.” He vowed. Summer only smiled and kissed him.

They spend the rest of the day together in her room, just enjoying each other’s company. Eventually Alex got up. “I should go back, I still need to pack my things. See you in the morning.” Summer nodded and he kissed her again before he went back to his own room.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Alex was packing up the last of his things. Right when he zipped up his bag the door opened. “Good morning Alex.” Cindy smiled. “Happy to be getting out of here?” Alex shrugged. “Not really. I hate having to leave Summer behind, but I guess I can always come visit her in the weekends.”

Cindy’s smile fell. “I’m very sorry Alexander, but I’m afraid that’s not possible.” Alex shot up. “What do you mean?” He asked alarmed. “Patients in the South Wing are not allowed to have visitors other then direct family. We do make exceptions, but you’ll need permission from her parents.” Alex could feel his heart break. “There is no way in hell they’re going to do that. Her mom hates me.” Cindy smiled apologetically. “I’m very sorry Alex.” And she left.

Alex hurried to the other side of the building. Hoping he could see Summer before he left. He banged on her door and she let him in. He pulled her close to him, crushing her against his chest. He felt her sobbed against him and pulled her tighter.

So they finally told you didn’t they? He’d let go of her as she handed him a note. “You knew all along? Why didn’t you tell me!?” Alex cried out. Summer’s lips trembled. Because I didn’t want to ruin last night. I wanted to spend one more day with you without worries about the future.

“I understand. I’m sorry. I’m just….” Alex mumbled and sat down on the bed. Summer sat down next to him, her head against his shoulder. He took her hands in his and she lifted her head to look at him.

“I’ll come back for you. I promise, I don’t care what it takes. I can’t leave you here and never see you again.” He said. Please don’t do anything stupid Alex. I might be able to leave this place too one day and when that happens I want to be with you. But I highly doubt they’ll let an ‘alcoholic’ take care of a ‘mentally damaged’ girl.

Alex sighed. “I know, I know. You’re right, but what else can I do.” He said, his voice breaking a little. Summer kissed him softly, before showing him the note. Wait for me? Please? Alex softly pressed his lips against hers. “Forever if I have to.” He mumbled against her lips, before closing the distance between them once more. Wanting to make the most of their last few moments together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The auburn haired girl stared out the window, watching the one person she’d ever truly loved walk away. Tears filled her eyes as she saw him put his bags in the back of his car. She wanted to cry, scream, beg him not to leave her, but she didn’t have any choice, but to let him go.

She wiped away her tears and looked at the man who would forever hold her heart, knowing this would probably be the last time she’d ever see him. She pressed her hands against the glass and for the first time in almost a decade she spoke. Two short simple words rolled of her lips, soft, but clear: “Goodbye Alex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END

So here is the last chapter of this story.
I've been debating to do one more chapter between this one and the previous one, but somehow this worked better. I'm sorry f it seems sudden, but to me it was time to end this (part of) the story.

I'd love to do a sequel for this, if you guys want me to that is, but I'm still trying to figure out the storyline for the next part of Alex's and Summer's story.

So yeah, please let me know what you think and if you'd like me to do a sequel for this.

I'd also like to thank everyone who've read/subscribed/recommended/commented on this story. I really appreciate it and I love you guys very much.

Love, Felicia