Status: Working on it for a while and is ready for take off!

Best of Which World...

First Impressions Part Two

“Hello everyone! Firstly, I would like to say it’s nice to see you all here tonight.” He paused to let everyone settle down into a silence before he continued.
“After the gathering I would like my Leads to meet in my office. Now, to everyone who doesn’t know I would like to introduce someone very important to you.” He motioned with his hand for me to come next to him.
We stood on a small platform, there was no microphone like at my pack; apparently Landon’s voice was loud enough. I saw everyone’s questioning gaze and a few glares. I ignored them as best as I could and turned to face Landon. He was smiling at me, teeth and all.
“This is your new Luna! Luna Deirdre!” Everyone was clapping then. It sounded awkward, my new title. So I decided to make an announcement.
“Um, hi everyone.” They clapped as I talked. “Please just call me Dee.” Then I moved away, I loved attention but meeting the pack was a little much.
“Enjoy the party and have a good night!” Landon ended and pulled me off stage.
For the next hour and a half, we worked the yard. Landon introduced me to anyone that was near and we made small talk. I finally spotted De’jhia and Kevin standing with Cameron. I let go of Landon’s hand to rush over to them.
“Hey guys!” I said throwing my arms around DJ. She pulled back and smiled knowingly at me. A chorus of “Hey Dee” greeted me.
“What a night!” They smiled and laughed at me. “I can’t remember half the names I was told.”
“Do you remember any of the names you were told?” Kevin asked me.
“If I saw their face I may be able to come up with something similar. Anyway, what’s up?”
“So I guess you really are my cousin’s woman, huh? That sucks.” Cameron said with a fake pout.
“Aww, it’s okay. Why don’t you go and see if his ex is still available?” Kevin said. I felt his shadow before I felt him. Everyone got quiet and bowed their heads in submission. His thick arm grabbed me by my waist and pulled into his back.
“I make it a point to not have the same taste in women as my cousin. He likes any girl with nice legs and half a brain.” They looked up in shock at his joke.
“So I guess I’ve got at least half a brain, and really nice legs. What do you think Cam, nice legs or what?” I said. He looked at me like he was analyzing me.
“I think it was the smile that caught my attention the most.” He said staring at me, but not at my face.
“It looks like your eyes are several inches below my lips. Eyes are up here, ass.”
Landon gave a small growl and I looked up at him. His face was not happy.
“What’s wrong? We’re just joking around.” I turned around fully in his arms, after waving the others away.
“I didn’t know he was interested in you.”
“It was before you and I began, dating or whatever we’re doing. It was small and we didn’t do anything beyond a few kisses.” And almost had sex, but I don’t think he needs to know that…
“You were interested in him? He’s the kind of guy you would be dating if you hadn’t been my mate?”
“Oh come on Landon, there are so many ‘if we hadn’t been mates’ things and if you are actually thinking of them, you’re going to drive yourself into a fit.”
“No, I met you before you met him. You knew me then.”’
“But I didn’t know we were mates! I met Cam like, five seconds after meeting you and we went to eat. It was before I knew you were my mate.”
“I don’t like it.” He said tightening his arms around me.
“Get over it. Now, I’m going to over to them and have a drink,” He took a breath to cut me off, but I didn’t let him. “And before you say something about my age, I’m getting ginger ale, not like you’re serving real alcohol anyway.”
“Dee, would you let me speak. I have a meeting to get to but we are going to talk when I’m done.” He went back to serious Alpha, not like I expected any less. I don’t know where that sudden burst of sass came from, but I liked it.
“Have a good night Alpha. I will get a ride home.”
“Dee, we talked about this. No more running away.”
“I’m not running away, I’m going home. I met everyone, I ate, I laughed, what more do you want from me. You’re about to have a meeting, I’m ready to go home now.”
“What about your friends and your drink? You suddenly don’t want to see them anymore?”
“I’m getting a ride from them so I’ll be seeing them and I get some ginger ale on the way out.”
“So you’re just going to leave mad at me?”
“Landon, I’m not mad at you. Okay?” I gave him a kiss for good measure and waited for him to release me.
“Okay. Call me when you get back to the hotel.” He let me go.
“Bye.”
I went to where the group stood with two additions.
“Hey Mike. Hi Evan.” I gave each a hug.
“So how’d it go with Alpha?” DJ said.
“Like you couldn’t hear us.”
“Yeah, we heard. We also heard that one of us was going to be taking you home.” Kevin said.
“I’ll take you back; we’re going to the same place anyway.” Cameron volunteered.
“Thanks Cam. Bye guys.” I hugged everyone and waited for Cam to say his goodbyes before we left.
“Thanks for the ride.” I said in the elevator.
“Sorry about earlier, probably not a good idea to joke with him in hearing range.”
“No doubt. I guess I’ll see you later.” The doors had opened and I walked to my door.
“Yeah, okay. Bye Mys.”
“You know my name now, why don’t you use it?”
“I guess I’m just special.”
“You’re special alright…” He just smiled and left.
It feels so good to be able to relax. I think I shall have a nice bath, filled with countless bubbles. I turned on a song that fit this night perfectly, What a Night by Elle Varner. And what a night it was.
I settled into my bubbles as the song filled my ears and rested my eyes. Hopefully tomorrow would be a little mellower.

Third Person POV
“How did they get in? I had patrols going in three shifts!” He yelled. He faced his Leads with a furious scowl marring his features. He couldn’t understand how someone sent a rogue in to scout his land without him knowing. It was unfathomable.
“There was a scent a few days ago and we tried to follow it but stopped at a dead end. The scent reappeared today.” His First Beta and best friend, Kevin, said. The angry Alpha turned to the Pack Doctor.
“Have you made any progression?” He left no room for idle chatter. He was on edge after finding out that a rogue had gotten pass his carefully planned out security patrols. They had gotten pass him.

“W-Well, the chemicals have been difficult to separate and further analyze but I figured out the components and have begun recreating the substance. If I could just figure out a time frame for the substance, maybe I could improve it. And that’s thinking my recreation works correctly.” The pack doctor was old enough to have received several degrees in different fields of science. Right now he was working on something that could change pack wars entirely.
“Great. I want to up patrols. I need for every male between 15 and 40 to be trained on a regular schedule. I will be running training sessions as well, mainly for the younger males. I will get Unit A training the female warriors. I want the children and elderly to have their own space, Kevin get with Douglass and come up with ideas for that. Kale, Kyle, and Kole I want reports every Sunday and Wednesday with updates from the pack. Joseph I need the finance report on my desk tomorrow morning. We will begin training tomorrow at dawn. Doc, do your thing. Snake, what’s our weapon status?” Landon felt his phone vibrating but didn’t answer. He would call her back, but for now, he had more pressing matters.
“I’ve got something you’re going to like, you can come test it whenever.” Snake was a man of few words. Snake didn’t have to speak for people to know he was there. He was a mountainous man, looming almost three inches taller than the Alpha. He was scary to everyone who didn’t know him, and even to some that did. He was of African descent with skin dark and smooth as melted chocolate, with cold calculating eyes that slashed through souls. He was leader of the Enforcers and Special Task Force. His strongest suit was weaponry, the best knife thrower Landon had ever seen.
“I will come around tomorrow night. Alright, you have your orders, you can go.” The twins, Kale, Kyle, and Kole took care of pack house operations. They were of Greek descent with bronze skin scarred by the many wounds of war. Kale and Kole had the same amber colored as eyes as their mother whilst Kyle had golden brown eyes from their father. They were best friends who were rarely apart.
Joseph ran the business side of pack operations and was Second Beta. He was the stereotypical American boy with hair like sweet corn and the purest blue eyes Landon had ever seen. In high school he was the captain of his soccer, baseball and academic quiz team. He went on to get several degrees including a Master’s in Business, Financial Services, Accounting and a Bachelor’s in Marketing. He was the numbers go to guy.
Landon made sure that each of his Leads was completely competent and distinguished amongst his pack. They had to be exceptional and disciplined, so that his pack was taken care of on every level.
When everyone else had left Joseph had still remained.
“What is it?” Landon wanted to go to his mate, to try to make her see things from his point of view. They had been in so many arguments, it drove him crazy. He had expected almost no arguments between him and his mate, but instead he got the most stubborn and loudest girl he’d ever met. But he had waited so long for this that he didn’t even care that they argued, as long as they were together he was happy.
“We aren’t at all struggling and the businesses have been doing fine. But as of late the teens have been getting to carefree and loose with their allowances. They are buying wildly expensive cars and jewelry using the packs finances to back them up.”
“Back them up how?” Landon was still thinking of his fiery mate.
“Instead of just using the allowance, they are giving the pack account number, and th money is being withdrawn directly from the account.”
“What! That money is not to be touched by anyone other than me and you!”
“Yes Alpha, I understand. I have a solution for this issue. We sell the cars. All of them. We buy used SUV’s and make them sign in and out for the cars.”
“Sell all the cars? I like it. Do it. While you’re at it, sell my old cars and put that money into my personal account, in fact sell all my cars except my new one.”
“All your cars Alpha? Alright.” He bowed his head before leaving the office.
Landon was alone again. But not for long, he would go to her tonight and pray to Goddess that she let him stay for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.