Army Of Me

Dark Days

PETER- I’m still angry when Tony comes in and says that we’re all gonna have a meeting. “Fine.” I snap at him. He looks at me weirdly, then starts leaving.

“Is it your time of the month again?”

“Fuck you!” I scream back.

“Don’t be late for the meeting. Nick will kill you!” The door shuts.

“Fuck Nick.” I mutter, then stand up and throw my book down on the desk. Fucking Wade.
I stalk down to the meeting room and barge into to door to open it. Everyone is already sitting down and Nick glares at me.

“You’re late, Parker.” He says.

“Yeah, I had things to do.” I go and sit on a chair next to a girl who works with Tony. She looks up at me with wide eyes then quickly looks down again.

“Things that are more important than coming to an important meeting?” Nick folds his arms and glares at me. Jesus, he’s like a teacher.
“Yes.” At this, Wade starts to laugh. I glare at him. So does Nick.
“Something funny that you want to share, Wilson?” Nick turns his attention to Wade. He really is like a teacher.

“No, I’m okay thanks.” Wade replies.
I’m still mad at him.

“So, what is this meeting about?” Tony asks.
Nick starts talking about changing training times or something. He gives us all this stupid piece of paper with our new timetables on. I have to jam all my training up to when I don’t have lectures. Great, so now I have no more free time.

“Uh, this is way too much!” Someone complains. I turn to them. Damn right it’s too much.

“Haile, I wasn’t the one who chose your time table. That was Rogers who did that, and you can talk to him in your own time.” Nick continues distributing the paper.
It’s Rain, that girl who works with Steve. She picks the paper up and turns to him, who tries to smile at her.

“Steve, what the fuck?” She says under her breath. Nick tuts at her swearing.

“Uh, Rain, listen...” Steve starts. Rain interrupts him.

“No, you listen. This is too much. Way too much. Have you not heard of sleep? Or you know, like eating or having time on your own? No way am I spending 15 hours on Mondays training with you. What time would I have to wake up for that? 5 am? And then finish at 8? That’s way too much. I am not doing that!”

“Haile, as I said, you can continue this discussion after the meeting, in your own time.” Nick glares at her. He must get really annoyed by this.

“What own time?” She shrieks. “I haven’t got any because of your stupid fucking training!”

“Rain, calm down, please!” Steve tries.

“No, actually I agree with her.” We all turn. It’s Clint. Nick just gives him a look that says ‘Really, Barton? I thought you would be on my side.’

“Thanks, Tiercel.” Rain says quietly, to him. Steve gives Rain a small, sad little look that she answers with another glare. Wade and Tony are trying to hide their hysterics. I start to laugh, too. The girl next to me looks like she’s about to cry. Bruce is looking a bit worried too, and Thor is looking at the ceiling mindlessly. Rain see’s us all laughing. She pushes her chair up and stands up, then hits Tony over the head. Steve jumps up too and tries to reach out to her. She pushes him out the way and then storms out the room, glaring at everyone apart from Clint.
The door bangs shut. We all turn to Nick to see his reaction. He’s just sitting down with his arms folded and looking at us like we’re a bunch of 5 year olds.

“If this helps, in any way, I am totally okay with the new times!” Tony points out.

“That’s because yours were not changed, Stark.” Nick says. We all laugh again. “Dismissed. You can all get out, now. If you have any problems with this, don’t come to me.” I raise my hand, like a kid.

“Uh, Mr. Fury, sir, can I go to the bathroom?” There are a couple of snorts from Tony and Wade, and Steve smiles too.

“Get out, Parker.” Nick replies.

“Thanks, sir. I’ll bring my homework in tomorrow, okay?” More laughter; I smile when I see Wade laughing, but quickly stop when I remember what a dick he is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wade is my favourite I love Wade a lot laughs ok bye