‹ Prequel: Famous Most Wanted
Status: Updated as each chapter's written.

I'm With The Band

Chapter Eleven

When Johnny and Taylor got home again, she walked through to the kitchen and just sat as she thought about what might happen next, now her and Johnny were official. What will the media say and what will the public think of her? Taylor tried to adopt Johnny's way of dealing with it and not give a shit, but she wasn't built the way Johnny was. He'd had over five years of not giving a shit experience. Of course he'd be so much better at it than her.
Taylor felt sick at the thought of cameras flashing at her everywhere she went from now on, and the gossip mags? They would just eat them both up like Wills and Kate after their wedding.

Taylor looked down at the table and saw the magazine Grace had brought and left there. It was still open on the page of Johnny and the model. She was reminded again that her mum would no doubt see it and make an automatic judgement that Johnny is a total dick.
Hell, she wouldn't be wrong either, but Taylor felt the need to show Denise that Johnny does actually care about her, despite being a dick.

'Hey, Johnny?' Taylor called, getting up from the table and walking through to the living room. He was just pouring himself a drink.

'Want one?' he offered.

'No thanks. Johnny?'

'Huh?'

'So, we're now officially together, right?' Taylor asked carefully.

'If that's what you want people to think, then sure,' he shrugged.

'Well you kind of gave no choice when you kissed me in front of everyone.'

'Tex,' Johnny began, turning to face her. 'I kiss a lot of women in front of people. Doesn't mean we're together. So If you want to be and you want it public then people will get that idea when they see us together for longer than one evening. That one kiss this evening doesn't mean anything to the public, not with my reputation.'

'Still, I feel the need to ask a favour,' Taylor pressed. Johnny raised an eyebrow as he sipped from his drink, alcoholic of course.

'Which is?'

'My parents want to meet you. They invited us for dinner.' Johnny seemed to frown, maybe uncomfortable with moving so quickly. 'I just don't want them to judge you on what they read in the papers. I want them to meet you for themselves and then decide.'

'What if they don't like me?' Johnny asked without concern.

'I'm not expecting them to. You're an acquired taste.' Johnny smiled and shrugged.

'Sure. Whatever you want, love. Just let me know when.'

'Okay so if I arrange something, you'll be there?' Taylor asked, wanting definite confirmation he wouldn't let her down.
Johnny smiled a rather charming smile at her, one she didn't see often, and walked over to her with his drink in hand.

'When have I ever disappointed you?' he asked rhetorically, kissing her head and disappearing upstairs.
Taylor didn't bother inform him that he's actually been a constant disappointment to her, and will no doubt continue to be so for a long while.

Later that evening, Taylor phoned home and organised a dinner with her mum. Denise sounded quite excited about it. Not so much about meeting Johnny, just excited to have the opportunity to play host and make a big slap up meal. Denise loved all that.

Taylor then went on to tell Johnny of the arrangement, whom she found in his studio. After he nonchalantly agreed, Taylor went to her room and settled in for the night. She didn't see Johnny again for the remainder of that evening, but she was okay with that.

***

Taylor used up the rest of the bread the next morning. There wasn't any left to last the rest of the day, let alone the week, so Taylor, figuring Johnny was a busy man, took it upon herself to get some more in.
She had her car here and had been chatting to the security guard just inside the tall iron gates at the end of the drive, so all she'd need to do to get in and out, is buzz.

What Taylor wasn't prepared for however, was an army of paparazzi outside the gate, shouting her name as she came in view down the drive.
Her mouth fell open as she just stared back at them, their cameras flashing every few seconds as they called questions out to her.
Taylor, are you living with Johnny? And Taylor, did you fall in love with Johnny in Wales? Or Are you the 'Texas' Johnny sings about? And Did you quit your job for Johnny?
Taylor just didn't know how to handle this. They knew who she was. They knew of her life prior to Johnny Carolina.

In a moment of panic, Taylor ran back inside and slammed the door.

'Johnny!' she yelled, leaning against the door, as if trying to keep them out.

'Yo,' Johnny answered, poking his head out the door of his studio, just up the stairs. He came out fully when he noticed the panic on Taylor's face.

'What's up, Tex?'

'There's a wall of camera's out there, all shouting at me, asking questions! They know who I am! They know everything! How?!' Johnny sighed and made his way downstairs to her.

'Cause it's their jobs, Love. It's all they do all day. Dig up people's lives, exposing them for the world to see. You're just it now cause you've become new and relevant to me. Same happened when I dated Grace for more than two days. Same happened when I disappeared, when I came back, when Grace found out about the baby, when the single came out. You're just my latest event to them. Their next story. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure Grace'll pull something to pin the limelight back on her.'

'But that wont be the end of though, will it?' Taylor mumbled. Johnny shook his head sadly.

'No,' he answered gently. 'No, they'll never leave you alone now. You'll be in every magazine. You'll become an icon.'

'What?' Taylor scoffed.

'All women relevant to famous celebs become fashion icons. I swear to you, Tex, what ever you wear out today will be on the shop mannequins tomorrow.' Taylor looked down at herself, suddenly self-conscious about her clothes.

'But I don't want to be a fashion icon. I don't want to be any kind of icon. I just-' Taylor stopped herself short and lowered her eyes, feeling a slight blush. Johnny stepped closer to her.

'You just?' he pressed quietly.

'I just . . wanna be with you in peace,' she answered with a weak shrug.
Johnny watched Taylor a moment before smiling gently at her and taking her hand.

'C'mon. I'll take you to town. What did you need?'

'We're out of bread.'
The smile on Johnny's face grew wider.

'I love the way you said that.'

'What 'We're out of bread'?' she frowned. Johnny nodded as he lead her through a door into the garage.

'Yeah. Just reminds me that it's our bread that's all gone. The bread we share, just like we share everything else now. Cause everything is ours from now on.' Taylor didn't bother remind Johnny that they share everything except for his bed.

'Planning on keeping me around that long?' Taylor teased instead with a smile and blush.

'Why? Planning on leaving again?' Johnny teased back with a wolfish grin and a wink. Taylor rolled her eyes. She knew she'd never live that down, and she didn't think she deserved to either.

'Why are you taking me to town?' Taylor asked. 'You must be busy, you don't have to-'

'I want to,' Johnny cut in. He looked up at her as he slipped on a leather jacket. 'For months you protected me from something that was strange to me and out of my control. Now I wanna do the same for you. This is strange to you, but to me, this is every day shit. So now it's my turn to protect you, from them,' He nodded at the closed garage door at which behind were many photographers.

Taylor felt touched by this and smiled, until she saw him pick up a helmet.

'No fucking way,' she said instantly. 'I'm not going on a bike.'

'Bike's quicker,' Johnny shrugged. He pulled on his helmet and mounted the bike. Looking back at Taylor expectantly he said, 'Hey, if they're gonna talk, we may as well give them something to talk about.'
And with these strangely wise words, Taylor numbly pulled on a helmet and straddled the bike behind him.

'Hold on, Tex. This fucker gets some real speed.'
Johnny started the bike and it roared to life. Already she was gripping Johnny around the middle and, as the garage doors began to open, she shut her eyes tight.

Taylor didn't want to know what the tabloids were saying about her, but her mother had other ideas.
Denise had bought every magazine that had snaps of Taylor and Johnny on that bike that afternoon. She'd read every article and had phoned her straight up.

'Taylor, motorbikes are so dangerous, what are you doing riding one?'

'Mum,' sighed Taylor. 'They're totally safe. Sure, they're a little scary, but Johnny's careful.'

'You two are in every magazine I buy . . the family's asking about you.'
Taylor raised an eyebrow.

'Oh, so I wasn't interesting when I was serving my country and protecting the public but suddenly I'm interesting when I'm dating a rock star?'

'Oh, you know how it is,' sighed Denise.

'Yeah, I'm all too familiar with how it is.' Taylor glanced down at the one magazine she had bought. Her and Johnny had a double page spread in this one. Pictures and captions about their trip to the shop to buy bread, like it was so interesting.
One picture of them on the bike together, one of Johnny helping her dismount, one of her paying for the loaf at the till with Johnny by her side, his hand on the small of her back, another as they walk back to the bike hand in hand.

So many of the captions questioned her influence in his life. Would she be good for him? And will she change his wicked ways? Will he finally settled down? Dating an ex-cop, has he finally got his life on track?
Taylor wondered these questions herself.

'So when are you and Johnny coming for dinner, then?' Denise asked. Taylor came back to reality and looked up from the magazine. She closed it and stood from the table.

'Well, I haven't arranged anything with Johnny yet but . . tonight? If I can get him to agree?'

'Taylor, sweetheart, I see in the magazines how he looks at you. You've got that man wrapped around your finger. If you ask him, he'll say yes. Tonight is fine, I'll see you both later.'
Taylor wondered if this were true. Did she have Johnny wrapped around her finger? And if her mother could see it, who else could?
♠ ♠ ♠
Terribly sorry it's late and I'm even more sorry that this is as far as my pre-typed story goes. Got some of the next chapter typed, but not all, so each next chapter will have to just be uploaded whenever I've typed it. So basically what I'm saying is, is I don't know when the next one will be.

I am truly sorry I've been lapse in the 'planning ahead' of this story, but patience would be greatly appreciated. I have the ideas there in my head, it's just the penning of it.
But at least I've left this one a bit of a high. No bad things have happened.

Anyway, until we next meet my lovely cyber friends. Hopefully it wont be too long. :)