Status: in progress

More Than This

Finding Harry

It has been three days since the robbery had taken place. McCall has been on the investigation for two days, just over 48 hours. They had found the owner of the car through a license plate check and now McCall found himself knocking on the door of a run down apartment downtown.

The door opened on the third knock and a young woman revealed herself looking confused and scared at the sight of the officers. She didn't try to flee or shut the door, "What's the problem officers?"

"Hello mam, my name's Detective McCall, I'm here about your car. We think it was used as a get away vehicle in a robbery..." The girl froze, "I was wondering if I could take a look at it."

The girl moved back into her home and grabbed a notepad, scribbling something down before handing it to the detective. It was an address. The girl's car had been borrowed by her brother four days ago and she hadn't seen it or heard from him since. If they found this car and her brother then they were a giant step closer to finding Harry.

***

McCall slammed his hands down onto the metal desk in frustration. The middle aged man infront of him flinched but remained quiet. It had been almost a week since Harry's disappearance, they knew this guy had a part to play, they knew his sisters car had been used to transport a bleeding Harry Styles somewhere, all they needed now was for this jackass to talk.

"Tell me where the boy is and I'll get you a deal."

"What does a deal matter? I'm still going to jail! I didn't touch the kid, all I did was drive."

The detective groaned and turned from the susbect, "you were still involved in a robbery, murder and kidnapping either way, and if we find this kid dead that's another charge of being an accessory to murder. You're facing hard time, but if you co-operate I can get years cut off your sentence."

The man was a grubby looking kind, bearded with missing teeth and greasy hair. He was a weasel. Vermin. McCall wanted him to rot in jail for the rest of his life, but they needed him to talk, so a deal had to be made.

"They told me to kill him in the restaruant, but I couldn't do, he's just a kid. I grabbed him and dragged him out, then Vin...he stabbed him and shoved him into the car."

The detective listened to the man rat out full names and addresses of his partners, a complete rat of a man. As soon as the location of the young man was revealed McCall fled the room calling on a team to follow him. 

An empty highway side road that lead off towards the Hollywood hills. Litter was scattered across he sides of the road as the officers got out of their vehicles to search for the missing boy on foot. It had been seven days since ha had gone missing, a whole week. Nobody was expecting to find him still alive. An abulance waited nearby, a corner stood back. McCall heard a senior officer call on him, he turned and ran, stopping just infront of a teenage boy laying in the grass. The detective raised a hand to his mouth, his stomach churning.
♠ ♠ ♠
The reason this is so short is because I didn't think the actual case needed much detail, the important part is what happens after the case is solved and the boys are sent back to the uk.

The next chapter will actually have Louis and the boys in it.