Status: I'll start it by the end of the month, I'm sure!

Be With Someone...

Who Am I Going To Kiss At Midnight?

“You’re coming,” Rory said standing up from her couch. “You’re coming and that’s final.”

“No,” her cousin, Janine, shook her head. “I have no reason to come.”

“Yes, you do! Golden Boy!” Rory huffed as she called out to her husband. “Tell her she should come to the party tonight!”

Sidney settled himself onto the couch and pulled Rory down with him.

“You should come if you want,” he nodded.

Rory hit her husband’s arm. “That’s not what I meant.”

“Oh,” Sid nodded. “Well then. You should come to the New Year’s Eve party. It’s always fun. And Mario’s throwing it this year.”

“Yet another reason why I should not go,” Janine said pointing to the couple. “Mario doesn’t really know me. How am I going to explain me showing up at the party?”

“He does too know you,” Rory said. “You’re my cousin. And I’m married to Sidney Crosby, his surrogate son.”

“You should come,” Sidney said more gently than his wife.

Janine smiled at him gratefully.

“This is no time to be nice! We’ve got to be forceful,” Rory said standing up again and pulling Janine towards the door. “You’re going to go home, get a shower, get all gussied up, and then you’re going to come to the party.”

She sighed. Rory wasn’t going to give up unless Janine agreed to go. Fighting was futile.

“Who am I going to kiss at midnight?” she asked her cousin.

“I’m sure one of the boys wouldn’t mind stepping in,” Rory giggled at her cousin. Her eyes went wide. “Yay! You’re coming! Mission accomplished!” She pumped her fists in the air.

Picking up her purse, Janine called out to Sidney. “Hey, Sid?”

“Yeah?” the hockey player poked his head out of the kitchen.

“Don’t let her have too much sugar before the party. She’s already hyper,” she advised.

Sidney chuckled watching his wife bounce up and down behind her cousin.

“Will do,” he nodded. “Shouldn’t you be at home?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Janine shrugged him off. “I’m going.”

“I’ll text you the address and a picture of what I’m wearing so we don’t accidentally match,” Rory babbled as she followed Janine out to her car. “Jesus, it’s cold.”

“Maybe that’s because you’re only wearing socks, yoga pants, and a t-shirt,” Janine shook her head.

“Oh yeah,” Rory nodded. “Well, bye! And don’t even think about skipping out on the party! I’ll hunt you down!”

And she wasn’t kidding.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's starting!! Ahh! I figured I was ahead enough with Ours Forever that I could at least post the first chapter of Be With Someone. Oh, and quick tip. I suggest reading this without the comment sidebar on the screen because it smushes the title and such. So, yeah. The next one will have Kris in it. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!