‹ Prequel: Fix Me

Ever After

The Birthday Pt. 1

Josh opened his eyes slowly and blinked to adjust his blurry vision. He felt the smallest bit of pressure on his lower stomach, and when his sight finally cleared he saw it was Kali. She was straddling him and holding a cupcake by her face with a lit candle in it.

“Happy birthday to you,” she sang, “happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Joshua, happy birthday to you!”

Josh chuckled and sat up a little. He’d been so busy planning the upcoming tour that he’d almost forgotten about his own birthday!

“Now make a wish and blow out the candle.” Kali held the blue and white cupcake out to him.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked at her before blowing out the small flame. After, he took a small bite off the top of it and got icing all over his lips.

Kali giggled and set the cupcake down on the bedside table. She felt Josh’s arms wrap around her waist and she turned back to him, draping her arms over his neck.

“Mm, now, how does this work? Are you my present? And if you are, can I unwrap you?” he asked in his raspy morning voice. His fingers played with the strap of her tank top, slowly pulling it off her shoulder.

“Hm, I don’t know…maybe presents should wait…” She smiled seductively.

“C’mon, I am the birthday boy, you know.” He kissed her neck softly.

“True. What kind of wife would I be if I denied you your presents?” Kali chuckled.

“Mm, exactly.” Josh smiled and kissed his wife, pulling her down onto the bed with him.

Kali giggled softly against his lips and kissed him back with passion. She could feel his hands slide down to her hips and hold them tight against her own. She knew what drove him crazy in situations like this by now, but she still loved to experiment to see how he’d react. In that particular moment, she began slowly and gently rocking her hips back and forth against his with increasing pressure. His fingers tightened slightly on her skin and the tiniest groan escaped his lips and brushed against her own.

Quickly Josh flipped so he was resting overtop of Kali. He pushed is hips against hers again so she could feel what sort of reaction she’d evoked from him. She was always doing something to catch him by surprise…

Kali smiled at the change in position and the light pressure of him against her upper thigh. She tangled her fingers in his messy hair and bit gently but playfully at his lower lip. Soon after she felt the smooth metal of his tongue piercing push its way past her own lips. She welcomed the sensation of his passionate kisses and pulled him closer still.

He moved downward, kissing along her jaw and down her throat. He dragged his tongue ring along her skin to her collar bone, where he bit and kissed in that special spot he’d found years before. Kali made a soft sound and dug her fingers into the skin of his bare back, dragging them up to his shoulders with a pleasant pressure. He smiled at her usual reaction and pulled her tank top over her head to resume kissing along her skin. He kissed down from the middle of her chest and her flat stomach, making sure to kiss each of her softly protruding hip bones. He looked up at her from where his face rested with mischief in his pale blue eyes. He licked a slow line just above her burgundy lacy choice he’d revealed and then returned to her lips, quenching his thirst for her returning kisses.

“Mm…you’re such a tease…” Kali murmured against his lips. She wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him closer.

“Ahh…and you love it.” he whispered back.

“Shh, finish unwrapping your present, birthday boy.” Kali smirked.

Josh smiled and pulled the sheets closer around them.

***


An hour later, the couple rested in each other’s arms in the tangle of sheets. Kali’s head rested on Josh’s chest and she drew circles on him with her finger. Softly, she chuckled to herself.

“What’s so funny, you?” Josh asked, opening an eye.

Kali turned herself so she was staring at his face with a grin on her own. “Who would’ve thought ten years ago that we’d be married and I’d be the one giving you birthday sex?” She laughed.

“Well, I did,” Josh smirked. “You were pretty close-minded over it, though.”

“Hey!” She playfully smacked his chest. “You got me to come around eventually.”

“With my charm and good looks it was bound to happen.” Josh wiggled his eyebrows at her.

“Right, Mr. Suave,” Kali laughed.

“That kiss on the rooftop was romantic and don’t you deny it!” Josh smiled and played with a strand of her hair. He loved the memory he had of that night. It was a moment where everything had finally gone right in his life when he’d been so used to everything going wrong.

“I never said it wasn’t, dear.” Kali’s evergreen eyes sparkled with her own remembrance.

“Besides, I know you loved it anyways,” Josh raised an eyebrow and smirked. “If you didn’t love it you wouldn’t have had sex with me that night.”

“Oh, whatever. You got lucky, Ramsay.” Kali chuckled and rested her head back onto his chest.
Josh laughed to himself and continued playing with her hair for a little while longer as he thought. “You know what else is funny to think about?” he piped up finally.

“Hm?”

“I’m the only guy you have ever been with,” He put on a smug smile. “I mean, ouch, I feel bad for you.”

Kali raised an eyebrow. “Would you rather me sleep with someone else for the duration of our marriage?” A slow smile crept onto her face. “Hm, I bet Ian’s into some freaky shit…”

“Nuh-uh,” Josh shook his head and held her closer, “no one else gets to so much as look at you the way I do. You’re all mine, Kali Rose Ramsay.”

“That’s why I married you,” She kissed his arm and snuggled closer. “I don’t want to ever be anyone’s but yours, Joshua Keeler Ramsay.”

***


Kali was just taking the last dishes out of the dishwasher when she felt warm hands wrap around her midsection and hold her tightly. She straightened up and felt Josh’s chin rest on her shoulder. With a chuckle, she kissed his cheek.

“What’s the matter, birthday boy?” she asked, reaching up to put a plate in the cupboard.

Josh sighed dramatically and lightly pressed his lips to her throat. “I don’t have to go into the studio today,” he murmured against her skin, “I’d much rather stay here with you.”

Kali chuckled. “For one thing, you promised you’d go in today to help out a friend, and another thing, you can’t stay here. I’ll be making your birthday cake and I don’t want you seeing it until it’s time.”

“How come?” Josh whined. “Not everything needs to be a surprise, you know.”

“You’re right, but I want it to be.” Kali winked and shut the dishwasher.

“So you’re planning a whole day of surprises, just for me?” Josh raised an eyebrow and leaned against the island.

“Not a whole day, but a whole night,” Kali smiled secretively and looked down in the silverware drawer, her long hair concealing her face.

“Oh, sounds promising.” Josh grabbed an apple out of a bowl on the island and took a loud bite out of it. “Do you want an apple?”

“Mhmm,” she nodded, turning around with her hand out. She was expecting him to place an apple in it, but instead he stood there, lounging against the island with his hands behind his back and a boyish smile on his face. Kali gave him a quizzical look.

“Hm,” Josh took another bite from his apple and held it between his teeth, raising a daring eyebrow.

Kali rolled her eyes but took the apple from his teeth with her own anyways, adding a quick couple of kisses. She swallowed her piece and patted his cheek dismissively.

“You better hurry if you want to make it to your parents at 5 for your birthday supper,” she said. “Everyone will be there; it’d be a shame if the man of the hour didn’t show.”

“Right, I’m going!” He nodded and headed to the doorway to put his shoes on.

“Five o’clock, remember! Don’t be late, Uncle Touchy Pants!” Kali smiled deviously at him.

Josh shot her a look. “You’ve been reading twitter again, haven’t you?”

“Maybe.” Kali gasped.

“Uh-huh. I’ll touch your pants, woman.” Josh grumbled.

“Promise?”

“We’ll see. Bye, baby. I love you, and I’m looking forward to my night of surprises.” Josh winked and opened the apartment door.

“Good, you should be.” Kali smirked. “I love you too.”

After Josh had shut the door behind him, Kali couldn’t help biting her lip and chuckling to herself. And what a night of surprises it will be…
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked this chapter! I thought it was kinda cute, idk. Pt. 2 coming soon!
sorry for the slow start to the story!
rec/comment/subscribe