‹ Prequel: Fix Me

Ever After

The Birthday Pt. 2

Important Author's Note, please read!


“There’s the birthday boy!” Mike yelled from his chair as Josh entered the recording studio.

Josh had just gotten to the studio to help produce a few tracks for one of his friends. He smiled at his welcome and put his hands in his pockets.

“Happy birthday, man. You’re looking rather chipper this morning.” Matt commented. He was sitting opposite of Mike, sipping some drink out of a travel mug.

“I believe that’s the face of a man who just got birthday sex,” Ian deduced with a raised eyebrow.

Josh felt the heat rise to his face and he scratched his head. “No comment.” he murmured with a smile.

“Well it’d explain why you’re so late,” Matt smirked over the top of his mug.

“I’ll have you know I left the apartment on time, traffic was just a bitch.” Josh pulled up a chair and ran a hand through his messy hair.

“That’s everyone’s excuse. You’re just lucky it’s your birthday.” Matt shoved Josh playfully.

A man with chestnut brown hair and a scruffy face entered the room. A smile instantly invaded his face when he saw Josh. “Ramsay!” he exclaimed. “You made it! I’m glad you weren’t too busy getting a little birthday love from your wife.”

“Is it really that noticeable?” Josh chuckled and looked down at himself.

“As the girls would say, you’re absolutely glowing!” Ian exclaimed.

Josh rolled his eyes and shoved Ian lightly, sending him rolling in his chair towards the wall. “Alright,” he said, “I came to work on some tracks, and I intend to do just that. Lay it on me, Jared.”

“You got it,” The bearded man, Jared, replied. “Oh, and Josh? Happy birthday.”

Josh grinned shyly. “Thanks.”

***


“Are you sure it’s okay that we’re here?” Mike asked as he followed Josh to his apartment door with the other boys. “I’m pretty sure Kali had to leave your birthday supper early for a reason.”

“It’ll be fine, she shouldn’t be indecent yet. You’ll just have to…scram kind of early, if you catch my drift.” Josh smirked and unlocked the door, pushing it open. “Kali, I brought—” He took a few steps into the apartment and froze.

Kali was standing in the kitchen in a black and white lacy corset and underwear to match, with stockings and a garter belt and shiny black pumps. Her two-toned hair hung in loose waves past her chest and she looked like a naughty doll.

The other boys walked in behind Josh and froze as well, all eyes gawking at Kali. Kali screamed and ducked behind the island, going bright red in embarrassment. The only sound for a long time was Josh dropping his keys.

Kali peeked out from behind the island and gave Josh a mortified look.

Josh spun around and addressed his shocked friends. “Um, uh,” he stammered, “do you guys want to just wait outside maybe…for a second…?” He had to usher them out of the door and shut it behind them.

Once the door was shut, Kali stormed out from behind the island. “Why didn’t you tell me you were bringing them with you?” she hissed.

“I didn’t know you’d be dressed like—like that!” he whispered back. “I’ll tell them to leave.”

“No, no, it’s fine. I’ll just go put some clothes on.” Kali sighed.

“No!” Josh exclaimed, earning him a weird look from Kali. “I mean, you don’t have to do that. All I’m saying is that outfit looks like it takes some time to get out of and honestly, I’d like to help you with that.”

Kali laughed lightly. “So selfish, Mr. Ramsay.”

Josh shrugged. “What can I say? You tempt me.”

With a roll of her eyes and a heavy push towards the front door, Kali sighed. “Well, go break the news to your little friends that you can’t play tonight because you’re going to be getting lucky with your wife for your birthday.”

“I think that’s the best excuse I’ve ever had for anything, ever.” Josh grinned boyishly and exited the front door of the apartment, leaving Kali to hustle off to the bedroom.

***


“You’re so beautiful,” Josh whispered, admiring the beauty of his wife. Her porcelain skin was glowing with a dim light from the rising moon outside the window.

“And so are you,” she whispered back. “I love you.”

“Prove that you love me, baby.” he murmured. He searched her eyes, those eyes, the ones he loved so much. He took every bit of her in, appreciating all that was his.

“Let’s see,” she said gently. She began to name off parts of his body and kiss them as she went. “I love your hair, I love your beautiful eyes, I love this nose of yours, and I especially love these…” She kissed his lips passionately. “I love your jaw and neck and collarbone…” She balanced herself above his hips and kissed along his collarbone slowly.

“Mhmm…” Josh murmured. A slow smile crept onto his face.

“I even love these.” Kali picked up his arm gently and kissed the faded scars that resided there from Josh’s turbulent high school career.

Josh stared at her incredulously and his heart drummed happily in his chest. Everyday he fell more and more in love with this woman.

Kali kissed his fingertips with the pressure of a feather. She could feel that calm blue stare on her body and it sent pleasant electric shivers up her spine. When she opened her eyes he was smiling at her. His hand brushed her cheek and cupped it, holding her gaze on him.

“You’re my perfect porcelain.” he whispered to her.

“And you’re my everything,” she murmured back.

Josh kissed her, his lips lingering on hers with a desperate pleasure. “I don’t want to leave you behind,” he whispered. “Please come with me.”

“I want to baby, my only worry is the café,” Kali chewed her lip solemnly. “We’ve been really busy these past few months. You understand, right?”

Josh’s smile faded.

Kali kissed his pout gently. She put a light smile on her face and combed her fingers through his two-tone hair.

“This is a sold out tour for you. You’re going to have the time of your life.”

Josh shook his head slowly and rested his forehead on hers. He sighed and even his breath radiated sadness. “But what if something happens to you while I’m gone? Kali, you know I hate leaving you alone.” Josh’s voice trailed off, overtaken by his inner thoughts.

“Shh, baby,” Kali consoled, turning his face to look into her eyes.

“You know I’m a disorganized mess without you on tour.” Josh mumbled.

“You’ll be very well looked after on this tour, don’t you worry.” Kali bit her lip to keep her grin from growing too wide too soon.

Josh furrowed his brow in confusion. “What do you mean? By who?”

Kali couldn’t hold her grin back anymore. She let it spread from ear-to-ear and her eyes twinkled with excitement.

“Happy birthday, love.” she whispered.

Josh remained looking confused for another minute before it finally clicked. He gasped and his mouth hung open. His eyes searched her face for any signs of bluffing.

“You—You’re coming with me?” he stammered.

“I would’ve told you sooner but you were so concerned about my safety and your pouting I couldn’t.” She smirked.

Josh threw his arms around her, pulling her in close to him. He kissed her hair and neck and cheek and lips, murmuring the same words between each one. “Thank you.”

“No need to thank me. You’re just lucky this tour falls close to your birthday or I would’ve had to decline.” She chuckled.

“This is great!” Josh exclaimed. “Is Derek watching the café while you’re away? I promise you I’ll make it worth your while.”

Kali nodded and kissed his chest. “Mm, you always do.”

Josh grinned and kissed her happily, capturing her face in his hands. “I can’t believe this. I love you so much.”

“I love you too, but you know, I didn’t buy this outfit just for it to go to waste. It’s just as uncomfortable as it looks.” Kali’s eyes sparkled seductively.

“Mm, then please let me get you out of it.” Josh grinned and pulled his wife down onto the bed with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need two of my readers to give me their names and some physical attributes! Why? I’m not creepy, I promise! It’s because I need girlfriends (or wives, haven’t decided) for Ian and Mike! So leave those in the comments and tell me which band member you’d prefer, if it matters. It’s first come first serve. Thank you!