Status: On Hiatus - Sorry!

I Love My Brother's Best Friend. How Cliché.

Chapter One

The last day of school is always the best. There’s nothing to do, you’re just sitting there daydreaming about the next two months of freedom. Then, when the final bell goes off it’s a madhouse. That’s when summer officially starts.
I went outside near the library and waited for my two best friends, Tiler and Devin. Then, we waited for Tiler’s brother to come pick us up on the front steps.
“Guys, it’s over! Finally! We have two month of doing whatever the hell we want!” Devin shouted in an over excited tone, like always.
“I know right? We’re gonna have an amazing summer! The beach, parties, all the guys we’re gonna meet!” Tiler said bouncing up and down like an idiot.
Soon enough we heard a loud honk from in front of us and Ben, Tiler’s brother was motioning us to get in the car.
“Where to?” He asked as soon as we got in.
Tiler answered for everyone “Kayleigh’s house!”
Of course she picked my house, she always picked my house. She only picked my house for one reason. My brother. Tiler is completely in love with my brother, Jason. And, he’s going to be home today with all of his friends.
I just let out a grunt and everyone was silent the rest of the ride home.
There were about four extra cars in my drive way when we got there and about ten extra people inside. Our couch and love seat were crowded with guys all staring at the TV where my brother and three of his friends were playing zombies. They all turned their heads when we walked in the door.
“Shit bro, I’m down! Revive me quick!” My brother screamed frantically.
I laughed and walked up to my room so I could change and put my bag away. After doing so I went to find my friends but they were too busy going googoo eyes over my brother and his friends. So, I decided to make myself food.
“Make me a sammich!” A voice said from the other side of the fridge door.
“Ugh, go away James, make your own sandwich.”
James was probably my brother’s most annoying friend; he’s was a tool who used all the girls he hooks up with for his own advantage. I mean don’t get me wrong, he was gorgeous but, I knew better than to chase after him.
“Calm down I was just kidding KayKay.” He said, nudging my arm.
I really hate when he called me that, we’re not even friends and he thought it was okay to give me a nickname.
“Don’t call me that!” I kind of shrieked, “How about I start calling you JayJay?”
He laughed a little, “Cute, KayKay but, I have a girlfriend, sort of.”
“Sort of?” I asked, giving him a confused look.
“Yes, sort of. I met her at a party a few weeks ago, hooked up with her and now she won’t leave me alone.” He said, smirking.
“You’re gross, seriously. All you fucking do is use girls for sex and then you dump them like they’re nothing. You’re a fucking asshole.” And with that I walked away.
I hate him. I honestly don’t see why my brothers best friends with him. They’re complete opposites. My brother’s been with his girlfriend for two and a half years without cheating or anything.
I found my friends trying to learn how to play Call of Duty in the living room and I told them they had five minutes to get to my room or I wasn’t going to let them come over ever again.
Five minutes later we were all in my room painting our nails while sitting on my floor.
“Soooo, Kayleigh, I saw you flirting with James! What was that?!” Tiler asked me a little too loud.
My eyes widened in shock, “I was not flirting! I told him he’s disgusting and all he does is use girls! The fuck, guys!”
They both laughed and Devin spoke, “Dude, he was totally flirting with you. We could see it in his eyes. He wants you.”
I took the nearest thing to me, a slipper and I threw it at them. My cheeks were burning so, I screamed at them to stop.
Was it even possible for James to like me? He’s a senior and I’m a sophomore. I’m a virgin, he’s not. He’s probably just trying to get me in bed and use me. I didn’t even think he was flirting. It was too much to overthink at the time and I honestly didn’t care if he liked me or not. I just needed to relax, so, we decided to go lay out in the pool for a little bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have really big plans for this story and I'm really excited.
I'm just warning though, the first couple of chapters won't be the greatest but, I promise I won't give up on this.