You're My Wonderwall

The Fire In Your Heart Is Out

Zackary Baker was on a downward spiral, and everyone around him knew it. Everyone feared for him. They didn't want him to hurt himself, or worst take his own life.

He was angry at his seven best friends for not understanding his behavior. He just lost the love his life 5 months before. He still couldn't get over her. He wasn't ready to get over her, just yet.

Was that hard for them to understand? He didn't want to be alone for the rest of his life?

He drank everyday, every hour. And tonight was no exception.

"Seriously man, this is your last drink." Matt sighed angrily giving Zack a bottle of beer.

Zack shook his head slowly. "No. You don't tell me when to stop." He slurred lazily pointing a finger at Matt.

"Someone want a shot at this shit tonight?" Matt yelled over to the small group of people sitting at the table. He was fed up dealing with Zack for the night.

Brain walked up and whispered something into Matt's ear. Matt nodded and sat down with his girlfriend at the table.

"Look Zack, you need to quit this shit already." Brian sighed sitting next to him at the bar. "You're going to end up hurting yourself."

Zack turned his head facing Brian. "I'm fine. Just leave me alone." He said shooing his best friend away from him.

"You're not fine. You're a fucking drunk." Brain spat at him.

"Fuck You!" Zack yelled standing up. His bar stool fell behind him. "You don't know shit. So back the fuck off"

The entire bar came silent. Everyone's attention was on two best friends glaring at each other. Matt, and Jimmy stood up waiting to see if they needed to stop their friends if someone threw a punch.

"No, fuck you dip shit!" Brain yelled meeting face to face with him. "I'm tired of your shit. We all are."

With that being said, Brian knocked Zack's beer off the bar, and walked away angrily. Everyone went back to what they were doing. The boys left with their girlfriends in tow following Brian.

Zack was left all alone at the bar. Once again, he was alone. Even his best of friends didn't want to deal with him. But he didn't need them, he didn't need anyone there.

"Son, I think that's enough for one night." The bar owner told him softly, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He turned around and nodded. "Thanks." He mumbled. He threw a 100 down and stumbled out of the bar.

He stumbled out of the parking lot and into the city sidewalks. After peeing in an alley, he felt less drunk; reality slowly came back to him. He didn't know where he was, or even what city he was in.

"Where am I?" He asked himself.

Zack realized he was lost and needed to remember the name of his hotel, or even the name of the city his was in. He reached into his pocket and took his phone out. He called the last number he dialed.

"Hello?" the voice asked.

"Johnny, where the fuck are we? I'm fucking lost." Zack slurred slightly into the phone.

"We're in Boston, at the Four Seasons Hotel. Ok?" Johnny answered.

Zack didn't answer. He just hung up the phone and continued walking the streets. He avoided the cat calls from the hookers on the streets. He just wanted to walk; walk away from everything, and everyone. He needed some one who would help him, not yell at him.

Then a thought clicked in his head.

Once again he pulled out his phone and called Mallory. She didn't answer the first time, so he tried again a second time. On his third try she answered.

"What the fuck?" She growled into the phone.

Zack was taken back by her answer. "Mallory?" He asked slightly clueless.

"Zacky, is that you?" Mallory asked fully awake. She looked at the alarm clock sitting on her nightstand. "Are you ok?" She asked filled with worry in her voice. He was calling at 5:45 in the morning, something had to be up.

"I'm ok, just lost. Is there any way you can come get me?" He asked softly. Mallory could still hear the slur in his voice.

"Zack," She sighed. "I'm in a different city as you. Did you forget?" She asked him like she was talking to a small child.

Mallory was ready to hang up the phone. She wasn't ready to deal with Zack, but she couldn't leave one of her best friends in need.

"No, I'm in Boston. I don't want to go back to the hotel. Please, just come get me." Zack pleaded.

"You are? No one told me."

"It was a secret we were suppose to surprise you tomorrow at work."

"Ok, well tell me where you are at. I'll come get you." She said getting up throwing on a hoodie and shoes.

Mallory found Zack sitting on the sidewalk with his head in his hands. She didn't know how he got there, and she was sure that whatever the reason was, it would upset her.

She stopped the car in front of him.

"Zack, get in the car." Mallory called out from the passenger window.

Zack followed her orders. Once in the car, she could smell the whiskey and beer, as though it was seeping out of his sweat.

"How many drinks did you have?" She asked him driving back to her place.

He shrugged lazily. "Not enough." He answered.

She didn't want to press the subject any further. She knew if she asked about the others, he would get angry and leave the car. She feared for his safety.

Zack hoped she wouldn't ask about what happened that night. He wasn't ready to explain himself to her. He glanced at her and frowned. Something was wrong, it was written all over her face. He made a mental note to ask her later.

Mallory couldn't take the smell of liquor so she had to roll down the window. She could feel the acid in her stomach turning, and she knew she was going to have throw up all the contents when she got home. She glanced one more time at Zack and noticed his breathing was steady and his eyes were close. He had finally passed out.

She didn't know why he called her. But she knew that she couldn't leave him out on the streets.

Once she pulled up to her house, she turned off the car, and walked over to the passenger's side. Mallory sighed tiredly knowing she would have to single handedly help carry Zack inside her house and to the couch. She opened the car door, and shook him violently. It had been the only way he could ever wake up from a drunken night.

"Zacky, Zacky, you need to wake up!" She spoke softly in his right ear.

Zacky smiled stupidly with his eyes closed. He always loved the way she said his name. He opened his eyes and stared blankly at her beautiful face. There was just something about her that he loved.

"Come on, you need to help me get you out of the car, and into the house." She said in a motherly tone. He nodded lazily, and got out of the car. He closed the door and leaned against it trying to open his eyes and focus.

Mallory went over and placed him left arm around her shoulder. She took a couple of seconds until she could get Zack steady enough to walk. After a couple of stumbles, and Zack falling into a bush, Mallory was able to get him inside the house and onto the couch successfully.

She grabbed one of her blankets and covered his body with it. He put another smile on his face. She smiled warmly back and began to make her way to her room.

"Hey Mal?" Zacky's voice called out.

"Yea?" She answered back stopping at her bedroom door.

"Thank you." He said.

She smiled and nodded her head. "You're welcome." She kicked off her shoes and climbed into bed.

Mal closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

Little did she know tomorrow would be the longest day for her and Zack.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Backbeat the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before"

What you think?? comment/message.....talk to me!! OHHHH I need girlfriends for Johnny and Jimmy, if not, I'll use the ones they already have.