Status: If you are coming back to read the new chapters, reread the first 4. I have changed a few things, mostly just wording. Thank you :)

Hell Is for Children

Chapter Three.

After a lot of arguing, Loki finally agreed to take my bed for the night. I made the point that I was a lot shorter than him, and I could fit comfortably on the couch, and he would feel more comfortable in my bed.

I didn’t sleep well that night though. It wasn’t because I was on the couch, it was because of all the information Loki had given me. He didn’t say much about who my father was, except that he was the spawn of the Devil. I didn’t quite know what that meant, if he was maybe some form of evil monster or maybe he was capable of being a father figure to me.

I had so many more questions. I also wanted to find that witch and give her a piece of my mind. Well, a different piece of it that wasn’t so pretty and lady-like, and hopefully she could lift the mind block curse.

I fell asleep around midnight, thinking about the witch, Loki, and Asgard.

I woke up to the smell of eggs and something sweet. I rolled off the couch and stood up. I saw Loki standing in front of the stove with a quizzical look on his face.

“Do you need help?” I yawned as walked up to him. It looked like he had cracked ten or so eggs into my medium sized pan.

“Yes please. I looked on your, uh, looker up thing,” he pointed to my bedroom and knew he was referring to my computer, “and made French Toast, but the eggs confused me,” he frowned.

“Odd. It would be the other way around for me,” I said, taking the spatula from his grasp.

“I’m sorry Monroe. Is there anything else you want me to make?” he asked, taking a step back.

“Some tea would be nice,” I said, trying to flip the eggs. Loki started to fill the kettle with water and set it on the stove. “How did you sleep last night?”

“Quite well,” he said and leaned against the counter next to me. “How did you sleep?” I flipped the eggs again and added salt and pepper before they were fully done.

“Good,” I grunted.

“I heard you tossing and turning a lot, do you normally do that?” he asked as I piled the eggs onto our plates.

“How should I know? I’m usually asleep!” I hissed, handing him his plate and sitting down at the island.

“I’m sorry if I crossed a line, Monroe. Would you like French toast?” he asked, almost looking hurt. I nodded and he set two pieces on my plate.

We ate in silence for a few minutes until the tea was done and he poured me a giant mug, putting two tea bags in it for me. He set it down in front of me and a took a sip. I loved the first drink of it when it was still weak. I set it down and ate more of my eggs and toast, waiting for it to get stronger.

Loki sat in silence next to me as he ate. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, but without his sweatshirt. His shoulder length hair was tousled and sticking up in some places. He didn’t look like god material there, but if he did that glamour thing, he could convince a few people.

“What do you want to do today?” he asked, taking a sip of his drink.

“I want to go to Asgard,” I said immediately. Loki almost choked on his tea.

“Mon-”

“I want answers. I want to see that witch and tell her to take that block off. I also want to know more about my parents. There’s so many questions I have Loki, I need answers and I think the first place to look is Asgard,” I said firmly. Loki sighed and continued eating without a word until he finished. His silence was eating me alive, I wanted to know what was going on in his head. I felt like there was something that he wasn’t telling me.

“Monroe, no one knows who your father is, and no one has seen the witch for years. Some say she’s dead.”

“You’re messed up. You…” I stood up, my stool falling to the floor. “There are no words for what you are. You cant just come here and tell me things and then say there’s no way to get the answers!”

“I told you I would do everything I could to help you Monroe, and I intend to do that! Just because the witch is hiding doesn’t mean that I wont look for her. I plan on looking under every rock to find her!” His voice grew louder, matching mine. He stayed sitting though, even with me standing I was only an inch or so taller than him.

“Why? Why do you care?” I asked, lowering my voice. “I’m nothing compared to you. You are a god! I’m just a human!”

“You’re special Monroe. You have that power that doesn’t make you human, it makes you a lethal weapon-”

“You just want me for an army, don’t you?” I yelled.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Yes it is! You just want this block off of me so you can use me in some kind of scheme!” I started to storm away but Loki was up in a snap and grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him.

“How could you think that Monroe? I want to help you discover your past! Once you get that mind block off, so many people will want you, to use you for evil or try to control you! I want to protect you!”

“If I have mind control, I can control people not to use me,” I snapped.

“They will find ways. Please trust me,” he pleaded. I pulled my arm free from Loki and took a step back.

“Leave me alone for a while,” I said in a harsh tone. Loki frowned as I turned away and walked to my room. I shut the door and sat on the floor by my closet.

I had so much more I needed to think about. Why should I trust Loki? If he did only want me for some kind of scheme or army, shouldn’t I know who the other side is? What if Loki is tricking me and it’s really Thor I was close to and it was really Thor who went looking for me? Loki is a trickster after all. Maybe I should keep the mind block on, that way I wouldn’t be used…

I figured since I was in my room, I would get dressed so I put on a pair of faded jeans and rolled the pant legs. I went to my closet and found a green and pink striped v-neck and slipped it on. I went across the hall to my bathroom, and as I crossed, I glanced down to the living room and I saw Loki slumped over, his back to me, and looking out the window.

I tore away and started to run a brush through my hair. I looked like hell. I forgot to take my eye makeup off, so it was all smeared and my hair was sticking up in all directions and my face looked tired. After I ran a brush through my pink hair, I put it up into a bun, and my bangs fell into my face. I clipped them back and washed my teeth then my face.

When I finished, I only put eye makeup on. I didn’t know if I could convince Loki to take me to Asgard today or not, and if we did, I didn’t think I wanted my face to have a lot of unneeded things on it.

I sighed at my reflection in the mirror. It would have to do today. I left the bathroom and walked into the living room. Loki looked up at me and stood as I approached. He opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

“I want you to take me to Asgard. Today. I don’t know if I should believe you or not. I’d really like to talk to Thor and see what the deal is. To see if you’re really telling the truth or not.”

“You don’t believe me?” he asked, his eyes were soft and looked sad.

“I have nothing to go on that you are telling the truth or not. You are a trickster after all, and I’ve barely known you for 24 hours! Even if we did know each other years ago, I don’t remember, obviously,” I said, looking up at him. I crossed my arms and stood my ground.

“Fine. We’ll leave in an hour,” Loki sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)!!

xoxo
J