Status: If you are coming back to read the new chapters, reread the first 4. I have changed a few things, mostly just wording. Thank you :)

Hell Is for Children

Chapter Six.

We got back to my apartment by hopping on the bus that took us two blocks away. I was really glad I had Loki because there were a few bums sitting in the back. Unfortunately, Loki was back in his normal earth clothes, so he didn't look that menacing, but I knew he could kick ass if he had to.

We were quiet on the bus and the small walk home. I didn't know what to say, and apparently he didn't either. It wasn't awkward, which was good, but I wish he would say something. Anything, comment on something! It was driving me crazy and I didn't know how to deal with it.

I tried to tell Loki when to get off the bus and my voice decided not to work properly and I ended up making a loud noise. He looked at me with a small smile like he knew what I was trying to say and stood up at our stop. We walked the last few blocks in silence and when we got to my building, I got the mail, and Loki followed me up to my apartment.

When we got in, I turned the heat on to 65 degrees, it was starting to get chilly at night again, even though it was summertime, and I turned the tea kettle on. Loki stood by the counter, looking at his hands.

“Loki? Are you okay?” I asked softly. He looked up and gave me a small smile.

“Yes. Of course Monroe. I just... I feel like I failed you. I should have known that we wouldnt have been able to find her right away. I shouldnt have gotten you all excited. It was my fault, and I deeply apologize,” he sighed.

“I think deep down, I knew that it wasn't going to happen, I know you said she hasnt been seen in years, but I do wish we could have seen her. But I know you and Thor will look for her. I mean, I hope you will. Please don't worry about it Loki,” I said and wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed myself close to him. It took a moment, but he wrapped his strong arms around me and buried his face into my neck.

“I promise that I will find her Mon. For you,” he whispered. I tightened my grip for a moment, and then pulled away and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you Loki, I-” the kettle went off, startling us both and we pulled away. I felt my cheeks grow hot and I removed the kettle from the stove and turned it off. I turned to get cups but Loki was already holding them. I smiled and took them from him and poured the water and he gave me three tea packets. Two for me, one for him!

We both sat down at the island and waited for our tea to cool. I felt like the silence was starting to get awkward. I just wanted him to talk, I wanted to be able to find the words to make this better, but I couldnt. Maybe he was having the same problem.

“I don't think I should stay tonight,” Loki said after a few moments.

“Why not?” I asked, turning to look at him. He was looking at his tea, his eyes looked sad and tired.

“I don't think that it would be a good idea. Plus, I should be getting back to Asgard. I solemnly promise that we will look for the witch though Mon. And while you're down here, maybe you could go to some voodoo places and see if they can find your father,” he said, finally looking at me. I was silent for a few minutes, and I finally took a sip of my tea before talking.

“How did my mother fall for him? Did he look like a human?” I asked.

“Yes. Normally, your demons, take over human bodies, but since he was a spawn of the devil, he was born with a human body, he was actually, half demon. But his father, his literal father, was Satan.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, all demons are the children of the Devil, like how the churches believe that all humans are the children of the Lord. Satan created them, but he must have performed, acts of, um..”

“I know what you mean,” I said with a small smile.

“Okay, well, yes, that happened with a lot of women, and your father happened, and because his mother was human, he came out human. This is all information we have gathered from your mother, and others in Asgard. Now, maybe if you look around and go to people, ‘experts’, here, we will find out more information that can help us, help you find out who your father is,” Loki smiled. It was a sad smile though. At least I had him talking!

“Okay. Will you look for the witch in Asgard?” I asked, looking down at my lap.

“Mon-”

“I mean really, honestly look,” I said looking up. His eyes met mine, his smile didn't reach his eyes like it normally did.

“I vow that I will Monroe,” he took another sip from his tea and stood up, “I need to be going.” I stood up with him and gave him a really tight hug, squeezing him a little. Loki hugged me back tightly and bent down to rub his cheek against my head. He pulled away suddenly and walked to the door quickly. He put his hand on the doorknob and turned back to look at me.

“Be safe Loki,” was all I could say. I wasn't one to cry over goodbyes, but I felt like that was all I could manage to say.

“You too. Goodbye Monroe,” he said and quickly left. I walked over to the door and locked it, and then unlocked it. What if he came back? I shook my head and realized that that wouldnt happen and I locked it again.

I washed his tea cup out and poured some more water into my cup and sat down in the livingroom. It was 10:30 and I know that I needed to get up early for work, but I didn't want to go to bed yet. I really didn't want to do anything but find that witch, and my father. I got up and went into my room and turned on the computer. I researched some voodoo shops in Seattle and I found three. Two seemed legit after reading the comments, and one seemed like a hoax. Luckily, the two that seemed real were close to work.

I wrote down the directions, finished my tea and went to bed.

My alarm didn't go off in the morning, but luckily I woke up 10 minutes before I had to be leaving. I didn't have time to shower, but I put my hair into a high bun and skipped the makeup. I put on my black work pants and white shirt and grabbed my keys and wallet and ran out of the door. I almost missed the bus that took me a block from work. The clouds were a light grey, and there were a lot of them in the sky. I regretted not grabbing a coat before I left.

When I got to Pike’s Market, I weaved my way through the crowd that was already forming and ran down the stairs. I got to the bookstore and saw my boss, Analee behind the corner. She was only a little older than me, but looked so much older, she had graying hair and wrinkles, it was a litte frightening.

“Finally remember you have a job?” Oh and she was also a bitch.

“I’m sorry? I didn't miss work. It's Monday,” I said.

“It’s Thursday,” Analee hissed as some customers weaved their way through the shop. My mouth fell open in surprise. “Your final check will be mailed to your home.”

“Comeon Analee, you know I’ve never missed a day of work for as long as I’ve worked here,” I said, pressing myself against the counter. She took a step back and looked down at me with a look of disgust on her face. She never liked me, but she had to understand this was a one time thing.

“You missed three days in a row with no notice.”

“My aunt-”

“You have no family,” she sneered, making me take a step back. Even though it was true, it was still a stab in the chest. “Now, get out of my shop before I call the police.”

I turned on my heels and walked out of the shop. I walked out of Pike’s Market and headed south. I took out the paper with the voodoo addresses and went to the first one a few blocks away. Madame Tooki’s Voodoo and More.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading :) Subscribe, Comment, and Recommend please!!

xoxo
J