Status: If you are coming back to read the new chapters, reread the first 4. I have changed a few things, mostly just wording. Thank you :)

Hell Is for Children

Chapter Seven.

“Can I help you?” I heard once the door closed. I saw shelves of weirdly shaped bottles and shrunken heads and beaded chains, like rosaries, and there was a thin layer of smoke, that smelled like lavender. And marijuana.

“I’m looking for a psychic or someone that can help me locate someone,” I replied.

I walked towards the back where I heard the voice and I saw a woman that was wearing a hand stitched, floor length skirt and a flowy purple shirt. The women had long, curly, brown hair and there were some feathers sticking out in random places.

I’m sorry you have lost someone, dear child, but I would go to the police,” she said, her wrinkles moving with her face.

“A demon,” I said strongly. Her eyes got wide.

“Why-“

“And a witch that is not from this world.”

“My dear, why would you call for such immortals?” her voice shook and I sighed.

“My father is an offspring of the devil, and a witch of Asgard has cursed me.” The woman was quiet and it looked like she was studying me.

“I can tell that you aren’t lying. I can try my hardest to find them. I can try my hardest to find them. I need you to follow me though,” she said, and led me down a hallway, where a lot of beaded door hangers hung from the ceiling. “They keep out devils, demons, trolls, golems, everything basically,” she explained as she led me to a small room with a low table and giant cushions on the ground, and large tapestries hanging from all the walls.

“What’s your name?” I asked, sitting down on a blue felt cushion.

“Lady Rayshoah. You’re Monroe, correct?” I stared at her blankly. “I know everyones name. It’s natural,” she said, taking a seat across from me. “Let me see your hands,” she commanded.

I placed my hands on the table and she grabbed them and closed her eyes. After a few minutes, her face fell.

“Oh Monroe, you poor girl.”

I waved goodbye to my coworkers as I walked out of Rowings Family Restaurant. It was pouring down rain when I got outside, but I was shielded by an umbrella.

“There you go baby,” my boyfriend, Alec, said with a sweet smile.

“Thank you,” I said and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He grabbed my hand and we walked back to my apartment in silence.

It has been about 9 months since Loki has left to look for the witch. The voodoo lady, vaguely found the witch. She said she could tell she was in Asgard, but she couldnt pin point exactly where because the times are so different. She also strictly forbade me from looking or contacting my father. She wouldn’t give me a reason, but from the look on her face and the tone of her voice let me know she was serious. She asked to see me monthly to see where the witch was. She’s always in Asgard, just moving around a lot.

I got a job to give me something to do, and my manager, also the owners son, is my now boyfriend, Alec. I started out as a greeter and seater, but Alec promoted me to a waitress. He pretty much demoted himself so that he could flirt with me and try to get me to go on a date with him. After a month, I finally agreed to a date and then to be his girlfriend.

He’s sweet and nice, and treats me well, but he was lacking something, but I don’t know what.

We got to my apartment and I turned the heater on, and slipped out shoes off. Alec pulled another pair of socks on and slipped his wet pants off. I went to my room and changed into sweatpants and grabbed a blanket for us.

“Do you want any tea?” I asked as I went to the kitchen.

“No thanks,” he called from the living room. I sighed and made tea for myself. “What kind of pizza do you want?”

“I don’t care, nothing spicy though,” I said. When my tea was done, I set it on the coffee table and curled under the blanket on the couch next to Alec.

“The pizza will be here soon!” he said as he put his arm around me. I leaned against him and turned against him and turned the TV on.

“Cant wait! I’m starving,” I laughed.

“Mon, why wont you movie in with me?” Alec sighed. He’s been bringing this up a lot lately.

“Don’t call me ‘Mon’ please. Alec, we’ve only been together a few months,” I sighed.

“Next week will be six months,” he sighed. “What if I moved here?”

“I’m just not ready for it yet,” I said sternly, looking at the TV. Alec was quiet for a while before he dropped it.

There was a knock on the door and Alec got up, only wearing his boxers and a sweater and opened the door.

“Can I help you?” I looked over and Alec was standing in front of the doorway but I saw black hair behind him. I stood up slowly, letting the blanket fall to the floor as my heart started to race. I tried not to get my hopes up too much.

“I’m looking for Monroe,” a familiar voice said. I made my way to the door before Alec could say anything and I saw Loki.

“Monny, who is this? Do you know him?” Alec asked. I nodded slowly, looking into Loki’s blue eyes. I didn’t think he would come back. I slid past Alec and pulled Loki into a giant hug. The energy I felt when I firs touched him was stronger now. I could feel it course through my veins and made my stomach have knots.

“Alec, this is Loki, a childhood friend. Loki, this is Alec, my boyfriend,” I said, introducing them. They shook hands, giving each other stern looks. “You’re soaked, come in. I’ll make you tea and you can dry off,” I said, ushering them in.

I made Loki take a hot shower and I started making more tea. Alec sat at the island, watching me.

“Why is he here?”

“I don’t know.”

“What does he want?”

“I don’t know,” I said getting irritated.

“How do you know him?”

“We grew up together.”

“Does he want money?”

“No.”

“How do you know?”

“I just know!” I shouted. He was finally quiet. Until: “I’d leave but after seeing that hug, I don’t want anything to happen.” The kettle went off and I poured a cup of water and put a teabag in just as Loki arrived in the kitchen, wearing grey sweatpants and a tight green v-neck.

“Thank you Mon,” Loki said and sipped his tea. I could se Alec’s face twitching with irritation because I didn’t correct him.

“Why are you here?” Alec asked rudely.

“I came to talk to Monroe about a task I vowed to do for her,” Loki said smoothly. Alec’s eyes narrowed.

“Alec, could you please give us some privacy?” I asked. He looked at me and walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

“We found her,” Loki whispered to me and took Alec’s seat at the island. I stood still, trying to think about what that meant.

She could help me and break this curse and I could have my powers.

“What do we do?” I asked.

“Well its up to you. I am prepared to take you to Asgard and see what she can do to help you. But if that is not what you want we don’t have to.”

“I want to meet her. But I don’t know if I want her to help me. What would I do with that power?” I whispered.

“You’ll be accepted in Asgard as a demigod. You can fight alongside Thor and I. People will worship you!” Loki said with a smile.

“I studied you and Thor and I know for a fact you don’t fight alongside eachother.”

“Then you pick.”

“I thought I age faster in Asgard,” Loki shrugged.

“You’re technically a demigod Mon, you probably just aged so that you could reach your peak and rule from that age. Maybe not rule but be looked up to,” he said. I stood there for a moment and thought about it.

It would be really cool to be a demigod, and to have powers. Even to not be on earth at all. Maybe I could live forever…

“Okay. How long will I be gone?”

“Maybe forever,” Loki said. I glanced over at Alec who was watching TV. “You really like him, don’t you?” I started to nod but finished with a shrug. “Does he know?” I shook my head. “Then it shouldn’t be that hard to leave.”

“Alec?” I asked. He looked over at us and stood up. “I need to go to Vermont.”

“Why?”

“Loki found my mom’s sister. She’s my last living relative.”

“Alright. When do we leave?” he asked, walking up to the counter.

“Just me. Your dad would never let you skip work,” I said.

“He’s not going to let you skip either,” Alec chuckled.

“Then I quit.”

“Mon-“

“I’m going and you cant stop me,” I said sternly. Alec stared at me for a moment, waiting for me to back down.

“Fine,” he said and grabd his clothes and his shoes and stromed out the door in his boxers.

“Are you going to go after him?” Loki asked.

“No. He doesn’t understand, he gets too upset too easily,” I sighed.

“Why are you with him then?” I shrugged.

“Can we go tomorrow?” I asked.

“I guess. Why?”

“It’s 11:30 at night and I’ve been working all day,” I frowned.

“How could I say ‘no’ to that face?” Loki smiled, causing me to smile. I started cleaning up the kitchen and locked up. I grabbed a pillow and threw it on the couch.

“Goodnight Loki,” I said as he walked to my room. I didn’t hear a response but I laid down anyways.

“Get up,” I heard Loki say.

“What? Why?” I asked.

“You got a bigger bed. We’re sharing,” he said, pulled me up.

“Loki its not that big of a deal, I’ll sleep here.” Loki picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. “Loki!” I shrieked. He dropped me on my bed.

“When did you get his?” he asked, slipping his shirt and shoes off.

“A few months ago so Alec could spend the night,” I said and got under the covers near the wall.

“Was he going to tonight?” Loki asked as he got in after me.

“I hoped not. He wants me to move in this him.”

“Like living together? Permanently?” he asked. We were laying on our sides, facing each other.

“Yes. I didn’t want to. I didn’t know if you would be able to find me again,” I said.

“Thank you,” he said with a small smile. “Oh I missed you Mon.”

“I missed you too,” I closed my eyes, unable to open them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Making my comeback loves.

XOXO
J