Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 12

A week had passed by since the incident with Paige and Jared. Absolutely nothing had changed between Paige and I. I was upset but she quickly explained everything to me the night I came home from New York. I was going to stay in a hotel because I just wanted to be by myself, but Shannon persuaded me to make things right with my best friend. As she told me everything that happened I understood it all, but that didn’t make me feel any less upset about my boyfriend’s actions. She convinced me into going back to his house late the next day and talk with him so he’d quit calling every 5 minutes. We’ve been through our ups and downs but she’ll always be my best friend no matter what and I know she wouldn’t do anything like that to mess that up. Needless to say, I forgave Jared. It was hard but I believed him. He told me about seeing the pictures on the web of Brent and I while I was working and I let him know real fast that he misinterpreted it. Jared and Shannon finally started speaking again. I was glad because I didn’t want something like this to interfere with their relationship.

I stayed at Jared‘s almost all week. Paige was working overtime so she was never at the apartment and I didn’t want to stay by myself. For the most part we had the house to ourselves. Shannon has been gone most of the week. He was just coming in for the night when we were getting up in the mornings. Saturday morning I woke up to find Jared in the kitchen brewing me some coffee. I stood next to him and laid my head on his shoulder, “Good morning sleepyhead” he said placing a kiss on my forehead. “Good morning,” I yawned out. He poured me a cup of coffee and sat across from me with a smirk on his face. “What are you up to?“ I said eying him while sipping on the hot liquid. “I was thinking since you told me tomorrow is Paige’s birthday I would treat you girls to a… what do you women call it?…“ he said motioning with his hands. “a spa day?“ I was shocked. “Jared are you serious?“ I asked jumping up wrapping my arms around his neck. “Yeah, everything is already arranged. You girls need to be ready to leave in 30 minutes.“ I jumped up and dialed Paige’s number. She has been down and out all week since things weren’t going so well with Shannon. I couldn’t wait to spend the day with her getting pampered.

We spent most of the day laughing and talking about random things. We got the works; nails, hair make-up, massages. The spa treatment was Jared’s birthday present to Paige, but taking her out tonight to get her mind off the older brother is my present to her. I was going to take her to this new club, The Loft, that opened recently. She’s been working so much that she hasn’t been able to do anything else. I took her shopping to find the perfect dress for tonight. Paige decided on a super short black lace dress with a V cut down the middle, coming down almost to her navel. She was going to look fabulous, after all it is her birthday. My style is usually simple but if Paige was going all out, I was too! After about a hour of searching for the perfect dress I finally found a Chanel blue one that was uncomfortably short. I thought I might have some fun teasing Jared the whole night by wearing his favorite color. I wanted to drive him crazy, and this dress being as short as it was, I had a few ideas on how I could do that. On our way back to the apartment I text Jared to pick us up at 8. He volunteered to be our designated driver for the night, which was a excuse for him to come with us but I didn’t mind. Before we knew it Jared was knocking on the door ready to head to the club. As soon as we got there Paige and I started ordering drinks. I was determined for her to have an amazing time. “You order anything you’d like okay! This is your day! I won’t be happy until you are having a good time!”, I said yelling over the music. She smiled and nodded. After a few amaretto sours and some shots here and there, we headed to the dance floor. I could feel Jared’s eyes on me the whole time watching me, so every once in awhile I would look over at him and smile. We danced for a few more songs and my heels started hurting my feet, so I headed back to the table in the corner of the club. I staggered over to Jared crashing down into his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck while kissing his jaw. “Someone’s had a little bit to much to drink,” he chuckled and kissed me on my cheek. “Who me?? Nooo..” I slurred out while claiming his lips on mine. I could feel his hand moving up my thigh barely touching my skin. Moving his hand up the inside of my dress, he suddenly stopped kissing me. He took in a deep breath and whispered in my ear, “Forget something?” I lifted my head up from his chest and softly said, “hmmm..no.” It was like we were the only ones in the room, he grabbed the back of my neck and slammed his lips to mine. His hand never advanced further and it was driving me crazy. I needed him now. Breaking our kiss I breathed out, “I guess my plan worked then.“ A huge smile appeared on his face, “you just wait till I get you home.” I leaned in kissing him once again when someone clearing their throat interrupted us. I was shocked when I looked up to see Shannon standing at the edge of our table.

“What took you so long Bro? I started to think you wasn’t coming,” Jared said to his brother. I looked at him questioningly since I had no idea Shannon was joining us tonight. He shot me an evil grin. “I had some things I had to take care of first,” Shannon replied. As they talked I started to wonder where Paige had gotten off to. I started looking around the VIP when I spotted her coming out of the bathroom. As she walked closer I threw my hand up and motioned her to come here. When she arrived at our table she leaned down to ask what I wanted in my ear. I just turned and looked at the other end of the table. She stood up, with her mouth hanging open, shocked to see him there. Shannon made his way over to Paige and embraced her in a hug, Paige’s eyes widened, as he pulled back he kissed her hand and told her “Happy Birthday.”