Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 16

A couple of weeks had passed and since that night, Shannon and I haven’t spent a day, or night, apart. I woke up every morning with his arms wrapped around me. I dreaded the days when I had to go to work, but he had work to do too. While I was working he would send me sweet texts to let me know he was thinking about me and some that “showed” me what he was thinking of. We had grown so close to each other and I was falling deeply for him. I had no idea how he felt about us, we haven’t had that talk yet. He was leaving for the last leg of their tour soon and everyday I told myself I would ask him what “we” were, but I always backed out. Plus, we have only been together for a short period of time. I didn’t want to jeopordize whatever was going on between us with labels.

I woke up to the sun beaming in my eyes. Throwing the cover over my head to shield the bright light I thought to myself that Shannon must’ve forgotten to close the curtains before he went to bed last night. I rolled over to see him still sleeping. As if he knew I was staring at him, his eyelashes fluttered open to reveal the most gorgeous shade of hazel eyes staring back at me. “Good morning,” I whispered as I placed a kiss on his perfect full lips. I love how he tasted. “Good morning to you beautiful,” he said with a smile on his face as threw his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. We laid in his bed not saying a word to each other for what seemed like forever. As I laid next to him, I realized how hard it was going to be on me when he left. Slowly maneuvering myself from his arms, I leaned up and sat on the edge of his bed. I reached down and put on one of his tshirts that was laying on the floor. I could still smell his scent on it as I pulled it down over my body. There is just something about him that has me drawn to him and I needed to distance myself from him while I could so it’s wouldn’t destroy me when he was gone. My feelings for him though were getting harder and harder for me to keep inside.

I started gathering my things strewn around his room when I heard him softly say, “Paige what are you doing?” I looked up at him, seeing him with concern in his eyes. “Come back to bed woman,” he said as he patted the empty space in the bed beside him. Without even thinking twice I dropped my stuff and crawled in beside him where it was still warm. I was fixing to let it all out, everything I was keeping inside. “Shannon, can we talk for a second? You know… about us?” I sighed, then started to continue when he raised up, leaning against the headboard. “Paige, I have something I want to ask you?” With those words I felt sick to my stomach. Feeling the tears coming to the surface I braced myself for what he was fixing to say. Turning to face me, his eyes darkened, “What’s wrong?” As he touched my face, I couldn’t hold on any longer. He smoothed away my tears softly with his thumb. “What’s wrong Paige?” he asked again. “Nothing’s wrong. I just don’t want this to end, whatever this is.” As I sat up in the bed, he grabbed me, and placed me in his lap. “Babe, I don’t want this to end either. I was just wondering if you wanted a key to my room while I was away on tour?” With those words, I wrapped my arms around his neck embracing him in the longest kiss we’ve ever shared. Finally pulling back he said, “I guess that’s a yes then?” “Of course it’s a yes punk!” I said stealing one more kiss.

We laid in each others arms and must’ve fallen back to sleep. As I opened my eyes I could faintly hear Jana laughing upstairs. I looked over at Shannon, who was still sleeping like a baby and slowly got out of bed. I found a pair of my shorts & slipped them on and made my way upstairs to see what my best friend was up to. I walked in the living room to find Jared doing his Bill Cosby impersonation with chocolate on his teeth. She noticed me standing in the foyer, “Oh My God Paige! Come here! You have to see this!” I joined Jana on the couch and doubled over in laughter with her. It wasn’t long till Shannon appeared, we must have woken him up. He slumped down beside me and threw my legs over his lap. Jared stopped when he had gotten a phone call and left the room. We were talking amongst ourselves when we could hear him yelling down the hallway. He came back in to the living room furious, throwing his phone on the kitchen bar. He said they were having some trouble with their record label. He told Shannon that they needed to get to the lawyers office right this second. Without hesitation, Shannon gave me a quick kiss and they made their way out the door.

After the boys left me and Jana decided we would spend this time out by the pool. We stayed in the same house, but we rarely seen one another. “I’ll go get the towels and lotion and you can make us some drinks” Jana said headed towards their bathroom. I was making my way towards Shannon’s room when I heard Jana making a loud noise. I put my ear to the bathroom door when I heard her throwing up. I quickly opened the door to see her leaning over in pain. “Jana! Are you okay?” She slowly stood up wiping her mouth. “Yeah I’m fine. I don’t think those pancakes Jared cooked this morning agreed with me. You know Jared thinks he’s a master chef sometimes.” Jana said while shaking her head. We both looked at each other and started laughing.

While Jana gathered our things I made my way to get Shannon’s blender in his room. I whipped us up some quick smoothies. We tanned for a couple of hours. “I thought the guys would be back by now?” I said as I turned on my stomach. “Me too, I wonder….” Jana stopped talking as she grabbed her stomach and ran towards the garbage can at the edge of the pool. As she sat back down beside me I kept noticing Jana holding her stomach, “Do you think it’s the pancakes ?” I asked. “It has to be. What else could it be?” she replied. Looking at each other, her eyes widened. “Oh My God do you think you could be?” I questioned. She just stared at me frozen. “Come on we’re going into town.” I demanded as I grabbed her hand and headed into the house looking for her car keys. “What are you doing?” she asked. “Well there’s only one way to find out and were going to get a test!” As I placed her into the passenger seat, we made our way to the nearest drug store, to find out Jared & Jana’s future.