Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 20

After I watched the beautiful girl crawl in my bed I couldn’t get Wayne out of the door fast enough. I was really excited to see my old friend, but Paige really got me excited in that lingerie. I knew something was bothering her tonight, but I couldn’t put my finger on it, now I knew. After Wayne and I both said our goodbye’s, I locked the door behind him and started taking my clothes off immediately as I made my way to the bed where Paige lied. I climbed in beside her and put my arm around her waist, “Baby I know you’re not asleep” I said as I placed a kiss on her shoulder. She shoved me off of her and rolled over to meet my gaze. I pulled her close to me and kissed her lips. When she didn’t return my kiss, I was honestly shocked. “What’s wrong? What did I do?” I said, never letting go of her. She remained silent. “Was it because of Wayne?” I asked. “No, I’m not mad because of Wayne,” she huffed “I’m upset because this weekend was supposed to be about us Shannon. I wanted to spend some time together and you hardly said two words to me the whole night. I might have had plans for us after dinner,” she said looking down at her lingerie. “Aww! I’m sorry babe. You can still show me your plans now, if you want,” I smirked. Rolling her eyes,”I don’t think so. If I had to suffer listening about all of your ex-girlfriends, then your going to suffer.” She knew exactly how to push my buttons. “Wayne is harmless and so was our conversation. I don’t know why you’re so upset about it.” With those words, she jumped out of the bed and started gathering her things. I couldn’t just let her leave, and as amazing as she looked I should be out of this bed right now stopping her from walking out the door. But for some reason I just watched her as she footed around my room collecting her things. Stopping at the door, she turned towards me and said, “It was harmless I wanted to spend time with my so-called boyfriend before he went on tour. It was harmless that I went and bought this, ” she said as she pointed towards her underwear. As she continued, I seen a tear fall down her cheek, “for ONLY you before you left. It was harmless that I wanted to spend as much time with you Shannon as I could, just so maybe you wouldn’t go FUCK anyone else while you’re away and maybe MISS ME.” Leaning up from the headboard of the bed, I said, “Is that what’s wrong with you? You’re afraid I’ll be with someone else while I’m away?” Not saying a word, she walked out slamming the door behind her.

I thought about running after her but I just decided just to leave her alone for the night and hope we could resolve this issue in the morning. I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn’t for thinking about her in that lingerie. I had to take care of the throbbing problem she caused before I even thought about getting some rest. Leaning back on the headboard I closed my eyes and thought of her, the way she looked tonight, how the lace of her bra looked perfect against her tan skin, and how tiny the panties were on her, not leaving much to the imagination. With that image in my mind, it didn’t take me long to cure the problem. As soon as I cleaned myself up I laid down turning on her side, smelling her scent. I fell asleep thinking about how hard this tour is going to be without her company.

I knew Paige had to work today and as soon as I woke up I threw on some clothes and headed to a buddy’s house that raised Siberian husky dogs. I picked out the cutest 10 week old male with one blue eye and one brown. I wanted her to have someone to keep her company while I was away on tour. I texted Paige and asked her to come over when she got off of work, that I wanted to talk. To my surprise she texted me back right away, agreeing to come over. So I ran a few errands before I headed home to cook her favorite meal. I had lost track of time when I heard the front door shut, seeing her coming through the foyer, she mouthed “Mmm… something smells really good.” She was still in her scrubs from work. She still looked as amazing to me as she did last night. “I cooked your favorite” I said as I moved over to let her see the stir fry in the pan simmering. I seen a small smile come upon her face. “Hey why don’t you go down to my room and freshen up for dinner. It’s almost ready.” Without any hesitation she turned around and headed towards my room.

“Shannon? What is this?” Paige said holding the puppy. She stood in the doorway of the kitchen holding the small dog in her arms. “Do you like him?” I asked nervously. I had no idea if she liked dogs. For all I knew she could’ve been a cat person. “Oh no I love him! What’s his name?” she exclaimed as she petted him. “Charley. Check out his collar, I got it special made.” I said with my back turned towards her as I was finishing up the food. All of a sudden I heard her gasp. Turning to see her with tears in her eyes once again, but this time of happiness, she held the necklace I had gotten her earlier today. I laced the chain of the necklace in his collar. “He’s yours babe,” I smiled at her, “I got him to keep you company while I’m away.” I made my way around her as I took the necklace out of her hand. “And I got this… so you would remember me and think about all of the amazing moments we had while I am gone.”, I said as I placed the necklace on her.

As she sat the dog on the floor, she leaned up and looked into my eyes with what seemed like sadness on her face. “Are you sad?” I asked. “No, Shannon, this is perfect. I will remember everything about our time together. Thank you for all of this. You don’t know how much it means to me that you put in so much effort.” Placing a soft kiss on her lips, I whispered on her lips, “Thanks for being worth it.” I made my way back to the stove to fix our dinner for the night. We sat at the bar and talked while we ate. “I’ll clean up since you cooked.” she said as she grabbed my plate. Grabbing her by her wrist, I stopped her and said, “No, I’ll do that, you go put on that lingerie and get your sexy ass back over here. I want to spend as much time with my girlfriend as possible before I leave.” She didn’t oppose my demand. Explaining that she’d be right back, she made her way out of the house. Finishing up in the kitchen, I grabbed Charley and headed to my bedroom. I knew I was going to miss her severely, so I was going to spend most of my time with her, in my bed.