Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 19

Early Friday morning the sound of Shannon’s phone ringing woke me up. I leaned over to see the clock said 7 a.m. Rolling back over with my back facing Shannon, I wondered who could be calling this early. Shannon, still half asleep, answered the phone. He immediately perked up when he heard the person on the other end of the line. I couldn’t help but wonder who he was making plans with. This weekend was supposed to be just us spending time together because he left to go back on tour early Monday morning. I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could. These next 2 months will be tortuous on me, I’m sure. Feeling a soft kiss between my shoulders, jarred me from my thoughts, “Did I wake you up sweetie?” Rolling over to face him, I tucked my head into his neck and nodded my head against his skin. “I’m sorry. That was my old friend Wayne, he’s in town for a few days and wants to hang out today. I hope that’s okay with you.” Sitting up stretching my arms out, I yawned “It’s fine. I need to do some things around the apartment anyways and check on Jana.” Crawling out of bed I started gathering my clothes that got strewn on the floor last night, I felt Shannon slap my butt “Hey don’t forget dinner at Katsuya tonight babe.” I leaned up and gave him a quick kiss before heading for the door.

I spent the day cleaning the apartment and talking to Jana about her pregnancy. I was getting really excited for her, I just know she and Jared are going to be great parents. After Jared had his meltdown from hearing the news, he seemed to be taking it fairly well. He actually seemed excited.

Tonight was going to be about Shannon and I though. I had planned on a really nice evening, just us two, and then spending the rest of the night together. He needed a reminder of what was waiting for him back home. Earlier in the week, Jana and I were shopping and we stopped by Agent Provocateur. I purchased the most expensive lingerie set I’ve ever seen. I just had to have it for this weekend. The bra was a see through black lace with purple satin ribbons for the straps, the bottom was a low rise thong, that was black lace also with a small purple satin ribbon decorating the front. The simple black, one shoulder dress I decided to wear out tonight gave a little tease of what was underneath by showing the satin strap.

I was almost ready when Shannon called me and asked me to meet him at his house. When I walked in the door I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I saw that Shannon’s friend, Wayne, was still here. I smiled and shook his hand when Shannon introduced us, “Wayne, this is Paige, my girlfriend.” Letting go of Wayne’s hand, I looked over at Shannon as my eyes widened. Did he just call me his girlfriend, I thought. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, “I hope you don’t mind but Wayne will be joining us for dinner tonight. I’ll make it up to, I promise.” Turning my immediate shock into slight anger I clenched my jaw as I smiled and breathed out an, “It’s fine.” I kept my composure as the night went on. I understood that Shannon hasn’t seen his friend in a really long time and I wasn’t going to be selfish. As dinner went on, it became more unbearable to sit there in silence as they discussed memories and old girlfriends.

I didn’t think things could get any worse until I heard Shannon invite Wayne back to the house to play some new video game that Shannon bought the other day. The ride back home was terrible, I spent the whole time fighting back the tears that wanted so badly to fall down my cheeks. Shannon had hardly said two words to me the entire night. I heard him introduce me as his girlfriend but he was barely acting like it. As soon as we pulled into the drive way I heard Shannon ask Wayne if we could have a minute to ourselves. I watched Wayne disappear into the house then I felt Shannon pull me into his arms, he brushed his fingers through my hair and whispered in my ear, “I know you’re not happy sweetheart but just give us 30 minutes to an hour tops okay, to try out this new game and I promise it’ll be “us” time.” He leaned in and gave me a long passionate kiss then pulled me by my hand into the house.

Two hours later I was still sitting on his bed waiting on them to quit playing the game. I had enough of being ignored. Standing up from the bed I footed towards the guys in the corner of the room. “Shannon, I’m sleepy. Are you coming to bed anytime soon? I asked. Not taking his eye off of the screen, he said, “Yeah babe in a moment. You can go ahead and lay down if you’d like.” Anger filled my entire body. I contemplated leaving, but that would be too easy. I wanted him to regret what he just mouthed to me. “Are you sure Shannon, I can wait on you.” I said. Still not even acknowledging I was standing at his side he mumbled, “No go ahead.” Taking a couple of steps back, I exclaimed, “Okay, I guess I’ll just go to bed then.” Still facing the guys, I unzipped my dress and let it fall to the floor revealing my lingerie I bought for Shannon’s eyes only. Even though his friend was sitting next to him, I could’ve cared less, Shannon was going to see it one way or another. They both turned their heads to look at me. Shannon’s mouth dropped open as he laid his eyes on me, seeing his expression, I made my way back over to the bed and got in under the cover.