Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 34

The Benefit Show

I felt the anticipation building up as Paige and I pulled into the venue. I did as Jared asked and called him when we arrived. He came out almost immediately to greet us. “WOW! You look amazing babe!” he said bringing me into his chest.

He had left a bag on the chair in our room with a note attached to it before he left earlier today. The note said, Can’t wait to see this on you, I love you! -J. I opened the bag to see the most gorgeous dress I had ever laid my eyes on. It was a sleeveless, floor length dress, that was dark purple at the top and faded into a smoky grey as it neared the bottom. It tied underneath my breasts and the ribbon, after it was tied, was the length of the dress. Paige done my hair and makeup also. I didn’t know why Jared got me the dress, but I couldn’t stay mad at him for leaving me this morning after this gift.

After pulling away, he led Paige and I into the building. She immediately went to find Shannon and Jared and I went to see Constance and Mrs. Ruby.

As we made our way into the room, I heard her precious voice, “Oh sweet girl, come here and let me see you!” she said as she laid her hands on my belly. Almost instantaneously I felt the baby kick underneath her hand, looking up at her I noticed tears streaming down her face. “I can not believe my grandson is having a sweet baby.” she said as Jared pulled her into him so that he could comfort her.

After a couple of minutes, Emma made her way into the room to tell Jared that the opening band was almost finished with their set. He nodded his head in agreement and told her to take his mom and grandma with her to the stage, he demanded she get Grandma Ruby earplugs and both of them chairs to sit in. She agreed and they retreated towards the stage.

“I can go with them, if you want.” I said grabbing a water from the table in the corner. Following me, he turned me around and looked down at me, placing his lips on mine for a brief second until Shannon and Paige busted in the room laughing. “Hey you guys it’s time to go.” Shannon said.

Jared and I followed Paige and Shannon both hand in hand to the stage. I haven’t been to one of their shows in so long I was growing anxious. As we neared the darkness, where the stage was, Jared placed me and Paige where he wanted us to stand. The intro started and the crowd went crazy, after they noticed Shannon and Tomo on stage, they got even louder. Seeing Vicki on the other side of the stage, I waved at her, I haven’t seen her in so long. She waved back and continued her focus on Tomo.

After placing a quick kiss on my lips, Jared ran out on the stage. The crowd went insane. Paige and I stood by Constance and Ruby on Shannon’s side. They were flawless tonight, and you could tell they truly loved their fans and sharing their music with them. About halfway through the set, I noticed Jared coming over to get an acoustic guitar from his tech, he winked at me, and before I knew it he had his hand around my wrist and was pulling me onto the stage behind him. My face had to have been 10 shades of red. I was so embarrassed I kept my head down. He told the guy in the back to turn up the lights. I looked over at him out of the corner of my eyes and he mouthed, “I love you.” I was fuming, he knew I hated this.

“Hello LA” he said as the crowd screamed Hello back to him. “I’m sure you all know this lady beside me, but in case some of you guys do not, I want to introduce you all to her.” I could hear the crowd talking amongst themselves about me and some screaming trying to get Jared’s attention.

“This is Jana, my girlfriend…” he said as he lifted both of our hands up. The audience continued screaming. After it quieted down some he continued, “And the mother of my child.” After he spoke those words, my heart sank, and the crowd went completely silent. They were in disbelief just like I was at the moment. I was speechless, I couldn’t say anything after he announced that. I wanted to be mad at him, but the happiness on his face when he spoke those words melted my heart.

“Everybody come out here.” he demanded all of our friends and family backstage. Before I knew it, Paige and Shannon, Tomo and Vicki, Constance, Ruby, and Emma were all on stage with Jared and I. Some people were yelling at the guys and some were screaming for Grandma Ruby’s attention. She loved every minute of it, she was just like her grandson that way.

Jared let go of my hand and stepped toward the crowd, I was frozen, I couldn’t make myself move. “I’ve been thinking for a while now about how I was going to tell my family, all of you guys, that I was going to be a dad, and I figured what better way than tonight.” he said making the crowd scream some more. “There’s just one more thing I would like to share with you guys though, if that’s okay” they roared in excitement.

Stepping back towards me, he grabbed my hand, bringing me to the front of the stage with him. As he looked into my eyes, he looked so vulnerable, I have never seen that look ever since we’ve been together.

Turning towards me, he looked deeply into my eyes, while never letting go of my hand, he said, “Jana, I’ve loved you ever since the first moment I saw you. The thought of us together was crazy and impossible, but I had to get to know you. I tried to hide my feelings for you and I failed. We became closer over time and my feelings for you only strengthened. The day you told me that you felt as deeply about me as I did you was an amazing day. I couldn’t believe someone as beautiful and wonderful as you could love me back. It was the best day of my life until that ordinary day became extraordinary when you told me that you were carrying our child. You and our baby girl has filled the empty space that was in my heart. I couldn’t imagine living without the both of you. Today I am the luckiest man alive. I love you more than I can ever tell you or show you and I will love you forever and always.”

After hearing his words, I was unconsciously crying along with everyone else on the stage and out in the audience as well.

I was looking back at Paige when I turned around to see Tomo beside Jared holding the mic and Jared was on his knee, holding out the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. My mouth dropped open at the sight of it. He said, never removing his eyes from mine, “Jana I would love nothing more than for you to be my wife.”

I could not believe he just spoke those words. I gasped as I heard them, I almost passed out. I looked around at our family and friends and they all had tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces. While I took all of this in, the entire crowd was chanting, “Say Yes!” I realized then, this is why he wanted Grandma Ruby here for this show. As I looked back at the man I loved so much, I looked deep into his eyes and mouthed, “Yes, of course!” He immediately shot up and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me forcefully.

“She said YES!” he said over the mic announcing our engagement. The crowd roared loudly after hearing his words. After a short celebration on stage, everyone retreated back to their spots and the show resumed. I was still in shock that he just proposed to me in front of thousands of people. How could I have gotten so lucky? I thought to myself. After the last song was played, Jared came right over to me and grabbed me by my waist and led me and the rest of us to a room at the end of the hall.

As he opened the door, a crowd of people yelling CONGRATS! filled my ears. Looking around the room I seen Brent, everyone from work, Terry, some of his girlfriends, Bam, Annabelle, Jamie, and so many other familiar faces. How did all of these people keep this a secret, I wondered. After socializing with everyone for a couple of hours, I was getting tired. After telling Jared I was ready to head home, he excused himself and we headed out of the building.

There were a couple of fans still waiting for a glimpse of the guys. He stopped and signed a few autographs and took a couple of pictures and said his goodbyes and we continued back to his truck.

He never let go of my hand the entire way home. I couldn’t stop looking at my ring, it was absolutely gorgeous. I was truly happy, and I couldn’t wait to spend the rest of my life with this man and I couldn’t wait to tell my parents. Making our way into the doorway, he held his hand over my eyes so I couldn’t see, after removing them, all I seen was white candles lit throughout the entire house. It was truly beautiful. “I’m going to start us a bath” he said after placing a soft kiss on my hand. I was making my way into the kitchen when a sharp pain shot across my stomach, making me lean over in pain. Thankfully it went away quickly. I needed to tell Jared in case it happened again, so he would be aware, as I made my way into the bathroom where he was. After taking a few steps into the bathroom, he looked up at me with a smile on his face. “Jared, I just felt a sharp pain in the kitchen.” I said. His smile disappeared, and his face turned a pale white. His eyes were fixated on the floor, looking down to see what he was looking at, I noticed drops of blood pooled around my feet.