Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 5

This day seemed to drag on for what seemed forever. I couldn’t wait to get home to Jared this evening. He told me before he left that he’d cook us dinner tonight and we could stay in. Since Shannon is taking Paige out on a date tonight we’ll have the house to ourselves. I was excited and somewhat nervous about our talk we’re supposed to have tonight.

Glancing at the clock I noticed I only had an hour left. I started back on the last minute changes on the guest list for this event in town tonight when I seen my boss Brent walking through my door. He sat down and made himself comfortable in the chair in front of my desk and asked did I have any plans for the weekend. I replied “Jared and I were supposed to spend the weekend together. He doesn’t have a lot of time left before he leaves again ya know. Why what‘s up?”

He informed me that he wanted me to assist him and the new intern in New York this weekend for New York Fashion Week. I hesitantly but politely told him I’d go with them. I loved New York City. I’d fell in love with it a few years back when my friends that were in this band invited me to come see their studio. I was excited but also sad I had to tell Jared our weekend had to be put on hold for now.

Finally it was time to leave work. I gathered my things and met Jared in the parking lot. On my way out the door I saw Brent standing by the window of Jared’s truck talking to one another. I smiled at him as he made his way towards me and gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek and told me he was looking forward to our weekend together. In shock that he just done that I shot him a weird look. I stepped up into the truck and I noticed Jared looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

“What was that all about?” he asked. “I don‘t know. He‘s being really weird though.” I said with a disgusted look on my face.

I was looking out the window when I felt his hand on my knee. I dreaded breaking the news to him because I knew he would be disappointed that we couldn’t spend the weekend together especially when I needed to give him an answer to his question. We made our way inside the house. I threw my purse down on the chair and made my way to the fridge to get a water. I looked over at him while he fixed our salads. I could tell something was bothering him.

“Are you okay babe?“ I said laying my head on his shoulder.

“Yeah I’m fine. I’m just going to have to have a talk with Brent to let him know that he’s crossed the line with that stunt he pulled back there.“

I walked to the end of the bar and sat down. I took a deep breath before I told him what I had to do this weekend. “Brent asked me to assist him and his new intern at a event in New York this weekend.” I said in one breath.

Jared just stood there like a statue, I couldn’t even tell if he was breathing. He looked up and said, “So what did you tell him?” turning around to face me.

“I told him yes. I didn’t want to but I really had no choice in the matter.” I blurted out. Jared didn’t say a word. He quit putting our salads together and went to the back of the house. It broke my heart to see him hurt but this was my job and I honestly had no choice. I started to go after him until I faintly heard him playing guitar in the studio. I knew he played music when he needed to blow off some steam so I let him have his time alone. I sat alone eating my salad and cleaned up after I was finished. I could still hear him playing the guitar when I decided to go lay down in his bed.

I was in a deep sleep when all of a sudden I felt a cold hand touch me. I opened my eyes to see Jared staring at me with concerned eyes. I started to speak but he quickly cut me off to say, “I know you have a job and obligations to that job, but I’m your boyfriend and I would like to think I came first.”

I opened my mouth to speak again and he put his finger over my lips and said, “But I’m going to try not to be the jealous boyfriend. Jana, I just want you to know that…” he looked down and took a deep breath and started to speak again, “I just want you to know that I love you. You deserve to know that. I can’t imagine my life without you. I never thought I’d tell another person that but it’s the truth.” He started to say something else but I didn’t give him time. I threw myself on top of him. Tonight I was going to show him just how much I loved him too.