Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 4

We both woke up hesitantly to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. Jana decided she would go into work today to get a few extra things done. I pleaded for her to stay in with me today but she insisted on going to work for a few hours. She promised she would take tomorrow off though. There was some big event that had to have some loose ends taken care of and she was the only person that could make everything right.

Jana was an event planner for one of my best friends. That’s how I met her. She was working a charity event that I was obligated to go to. I fought with myself that entire day because that day was my only free day from the tour and I didn’t want to spend it going to an event. It was for a cause that one of my best friends was very passionate about though. So I pushed the dreadful feeling I felt aside and got ready and went.

My assistant, Emma, briefed me on who would be taking care of me up until I entered the building. The event planner, Jana, would be taking care of all my needs and made sure I talked to the right people on the red carpet. Emma didn’t enlighten me on how beautiful she would be though.

Stepping out of the black SUV practically blinded by all the camera lights flashing in my eyes, I was greeted by the most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen. Flashing a smile at me she introduced herself.

“Hi. Mr. Leto. I’m Jana. I’ll be taking care of you tonight.” I was speechless which wasn’t like me at all. Everyone that knows me knows I have strong opinions and isn’t afraid to speak my mind.

“Right this way Mr. Leto.” she said calmly placing her hand on my back leading me through the swarm of cameras. She acted as if she had been doing this her whole life, her confidence in her job was almost intimidating. I didn’t know anyone other than myself that was such a perfectionist, but I guess there was another one of us out there. I laughed to myself as I walked beside her leading me towards the main room where the event was being held. I could faintly smell her sweet perfume, it was almost intoxicating.

“I’ll be right outside this door if you need anything please don’t hesitate to let me know” she smiled at me and turned and walked away, leaving me standing there in the doorway. The whole night I kept looking for her to see if I could catch a glimpse. Then suddenly she propped up on the door and looked like she was taking a quick break from all the egos she had to deal with. I was staring at her when she looked over in my direction and caught me gawking at her. I quickly turned around in my seat as I blushed. People always told me I had pretty eyes my entire life and when I looked into her brown eyes I understood then how people must’ve felt when they looked into mine. I could get lost in those eyes. After the event was over I made my way to the door and lucky for me she was showing the guests out the exit. After she wished them a good night she shot a sweet smile in my direction and turned away. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I was used to getting what I wanted and I’ll be damned if some girl made me act like a little schoolboy.

I waited until people stopped coming out of the banquet room and grabbed her by her hand and brought her to close to me and whispered in her ear “Have dinner with me.?” half demanding and half pleading with her to agree.

She sat there a moment, what looked like in total shock, and then looked up at me and replied, “umm ok why not.” Her response caught me off guard. It was like she had nothing left to lose. So I asked her to put her number in my phone. She told me to call her after the event and she would give me her address so I would know where to pick her up and I made my way to find my friend Brent.

I spotted him across the room holding his drink up to me. Motioning for me to come over, he was telling me about a couple of models that he had coming back to his penthouse after the event to “hang out”. I just tuned him out until I thought he was done talking about his potential hook-ups and I leaned over and asked, “So what’s the story with your event planner? She’s cute.”

“You’re kidding me right bro” he said with a confused look on his face, I nodded my head waiting on him to spill what he knew.

“All I know is she’s from a small town in Tennessee, hence the accent, she’s only been in LA for about a month and this is her first job. She came in my office not leaving until she worked for me she said.” “Now that I really look at her she’s pretty cute.” he confessed.

Everyone knew that I usually went for the blonde model type, but this girl was naturally beautiful. There was just something about her that drew me in. I wasn’t looking for a relationship at all. I liked my freedom. I haven’t had a real relationship since 2003 and after “her” I swore I would never let my wall down and let another woman in. The pain was just too much when we separated.

After the first night I took Jana out over a year ago, I haven’t been able to get her off my mind. She’s so real, down to earth, beautiful inside and out and doesn’t want to use me to gain attention. I knew that she cared about me as a person and not my celebrity and that meant a lot.

I snapped out of my daydream as I pulled in the parking lot of Bolthouse Entertainment grabbing the lunch and the flowers I picked up on my way and made my way to her office. I stood in the door way of her office for what seemed like forever before she even noticed me staring at her taking all of her beauty in. She got up and made her way to me locking her arms around my neck

“You brought me lunch? I’m starving. You must’ve read my mind.” she said with a huge smile on her face. I brought the flowers from around my back that I had been hiding. “Jared, you must want something. You’re being too nice.” I just winked at her and put them in a empty vase on her desk. They are beautiful though. I love them. Thank you. “she said while taking in the sweet fragrance of the flowers. “So what do you want?” she whispered while her arms were wrapped around my neck.

I looked into those brown eyes I loved so much and breathed out, “Just you that’s all.” She looked up at me and closed the distance between us with a soft kiss. “Jared I would like for us to have a talk tonight when I get home from work if that’s okay.”

I knew what this talk would be about. I wanted her to move in with me, I wanted to know she’d be there when I came home, but to tell her how deeply I cared for her would be a challenge. I knew tonight’s talk would definitely change our future.