Status: Comment for more updates! :D

Saved

Chapter 1

I sat in math class waiting for the bell to ring. I was sitting in my seat in the back with the hood of my hoddie up and the ears buds to my iPod in my ears. I just sat there tapping my foot watching the clock, ignoring everyone in the room. As soon as the bell rang, I jumped out of my chair, grabbed my bag off the ground and was out the door. I turned the combination to my locker and shoved my books in it. I had lunch next period so I went to the cafeteria. I didn't bother getting anything to eat so I just sat at my normal table and turned the volume up on my iPod.

I let my eyes close and I bobbed my head to Headstrong by Trapt. I was happy in my own little world. It was the only time that I was truly happy. I started to tap my foot to the beat of the music. Then I felt like I was being watched. I opened my eyes and looked around. Then I saw a guy. He had black hair and icy blue eyes. He was just staring at me. He was wearing a green polo shirt and black skinny jeans I had never seen him before so I assumed that he was new, I mean I went to a small school where everyone knew everyone which, by the way, was really annoying.

I glanced to see who he was sitting with and saw that it just happened to be the football team. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I wasn't in the mood to be stared at like I was a piece of art in an art exhibit, so I shot a glare at the guy then grabbed my bag off the table and walked out. I went to my locker and got my stuff for my next class. Then went out to the court yard where there were some students taking advantage of the sunny day. I sat under a tree and pulled my hood over my eyes and enjoyed my music.

I heard the bell ring, so I got up and went to my German class. I like German so I actually pay attention in this class. When I sat down, I turned off my iPod and hung my ear buds around my neck but I kept my hood up. I sat in my seat in the back of the room and watched at people came in. They all had smiles on their faces and it was annoying how they could be so happy at nothing when there were people like me out there who couldn’t remember what love from a mom felt like.

Just then the new guy walked in. I looked at the girls and saw that they were all smiling and pushing their boobs out trying to get his attention and I just rolled my eyes and didn't show any emotion at all. He saw me and smiled at me. I just glared at him as he walked to the teacher and started to talk to her. She nodded and then said something. I just turned my head and looked out the window watching a car go by.

"Devin, raise your hand." Mrs. Keller, the teacher, said.

I snapped my head up to look at her and then put my hand in the air. "Trace, if you will take the empty seat next to her."

I rolled my eyes at the glares that I got from the other girls in the room then turned to look out the window again. I heard him sit in the desk as soon as the bell rang. I took my notebook out of my bag and started to take notes while Mrs. Keller talked.

It wasn't long before the bell rang and I jumped out of my seat grabbed my bag, stuffed my notebook in it and sprinted out of the room. I went to my locker and got my biology text book then went to class. I was almost there when Kenny, the quarter back for the football team walked in front of me.

"Well look who it is" he said with a smirk on his face.

"Kenny move out of my way." I snapped at him.

"I don't think that I will." he said as his smirk grew bigger.

I curled my hand into a fist then tried to move past him. He just moved with me so that I couldn't get by.

"Move or I will move you." I said glaring at him.

"Ooh I'm so scared." he said sarcastically. OK I warned him. I punched him in the stomach. He winced and fell to his knees.

"I told you to move." I said glaring at him the walking past.

I got into Biology and put my ear buds back in and turned my iPod on. I was staring off into space and didn't even notice that the bell had rung and the teacher was calling on me for my homework until he slammed a yard stick on my table top.

I turned and glared at him. "Miss. Anderson, are you listening to music in my class?" he hissed at me.

"Maybe." I said simply.

"Well turn it off or I will send you to the office." he said glaring at me.

I could feel the eyes of rest of the class on me but ignored them. I pulled my iPod out of my pocket and I saw that the teacher had a pleased look on his face. I smirked at him then turned the volume up and put it back in my pocket. His face got read and he started to yell at me. I rolled my eyes then stood up, grabbed my bag then walked out of the room. I walked to the office and took my ear buds out.

"Hey Anna what's up?" I said when I walked into the office.

Anna McCalls is the check in lady. I have been up to the office so much, that she is like a friend. Notice that I said like.

"Devin what did you do this time?" she asked as I walked behind the counter.

"Music." I said simply.

"Oh. Well hang on a minute, Mr. Edwards is in a meeting with another student." she said and handed me a piece of candy. I took it and started opening it.

It was a thing that we did. Every time I came up here, she would give me a piece of candy. But that was only because I told her about my parents. Not about the abuse that I get from them but the alcohol and drugs.

"So how is Bill?" I asked. Bill is her husband.

"He is good. He is taking me out to dinner tonight. Something about celebrating for something." she said.

"Lucky girl." I said as I sat on her desk.

Anna is young, only a few years older then me. Its her first year here and she just got out of college where she met Bill. They just got married a few weeks ago and she has been so happy.

"So what's new with you? Any boyfriends?" she asked.

I looked at her and snorted. "Yeah, OK. I'm antisocial, remember?" I said.

"I could set you up Bill's nephew." she said smiling at me.

"No thanks. I like not having a guy hold me down." I said smirking at her. She rolled her eyes just as Mr. Edwards' door. I just looked and saw that Trace guy walk out then Mr. Edwards.

"Oh Devin, what did you do this time?" he asked looking at me.

"Oh nothing bad really. I was just listening to my iPod during Bio." I said smiling at him.

"Again? What is this, the 5th time this week?" he asked rolling his eyes.

"Let's see its Friday, so yeah. That sounds right." I said.

"Well I guess I should be glad that you didn't set anyone on fire this time." he said sighing.

I saw Trace's eyes widen. "Its not my fault that she was wearing hair spray and that I was in a bad mood." I said shrugging.

"Sure it wasn't." Anna said trying not to laugh.

"Plus she deserved it! She was talking about me while I was standing right next to her!" I said trying to defend myself.

"Yes well you still didn't the right to set Ally's hair on fire." Mr. Edwards said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thats what the judge said too and my probation officer." I said rolling my eyes.

"Anna can you write Trace a pass to class and Devin, you get detention for two days." Mr. Edwards said then went back in his office.

"Nothing new." I said then turned to look back at Anna who was writing out Trace's pass and my detention slip.

"So how much longer until the day is over?" I asked her.

"About 20 minutes. Why?" she said looking up at me.

"Do I really have to go back to class then? I mean I'll just be right back up here. Mr. Needs hates me." I said.

"I guess. Its kind of boring up here anyway." she said then handed Trace his pass. I looked at him and saw that he was staring at me. I rolled my eyes then turned back to Anna.

"So where are you and Bill going for dinner tonight?" I asked as I started to kick my legs back and forth.

"That new French place in town." she said handing me my pink detention slip.

"Ooh thats fancy." I said as I head the door shut behind Trace.

"Yeah. I just don't know what to wear." she said.

"I would hope that you would wear clothes dinner then when you guys get home you can streak if you want." I grinning at her.

"Devin!" she said blushing a deep red.

"Well I don't know what you two do alone and I really don't what to know."

We talked for a while then the bell rang. "Well I'm off to detention." I said picking up my bag and my slip then walking towards the door. "Have fun with your hubby and tell him 'hi' for me." I said and walked out. I got to the detention room and handed Mr. Kings my slip.

"Hey Devin. What a surprise to see you here." he said sarcastically.

"I know right!" I sat in the back of the room and pulled my hood down over my eyes. I leaned against the wall and started to take a nap.

I was almost asleep when I heard the door open. I didn't open my eyes because I really didn't care who it was. Then I heard foot steps walking towards me. I opened one eye and peeked under my hood and saw Trace.

I just closed my eye again and started to fall asleep. I was almost there again when he said "Hi. I'm Trace." I sat up and opened my eyes to look at him.

"Good for you." I said then pulled my hood back on and looked out the window.

"So whats your name?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know my name. Now leave me alone." I stood up and walked up to Mr. Kings.

"I'm done right? I showed up now I can go?" I said to him.

"That's the deal." he said nodding.

"Good. Bye." I said then left the room. I walked to my locker and put my biology text book in it and shut it. I walked down the empty hall and out of the building. I wish I could say that I got in my car and went to my perfect house where my perfect mom was home making dinner, but I can't say that. I don't have a car, but I know how to drive.

My house is only about a block away from the school so I just walk. As I was walking, I put my ear buds in and started bobbing my head to the music. Once I was outside of my house, I turned off my iPod and tucked it deep into my bag and walked in.

I didn't bother to tell my parents I was home, I could here them in their room and the bed squeaking upstairs. I shivered and just walked to the basement door. I took the key to it out of my bag and unlocked the door. Once I was standing on the stairs I locked the door back and walked down to my room.

Yes my room is the basement, but I made it that way. It's as far away I can get from my parents until I turn 18 and move out. I looked at my black walls and the concrete floor with a rug sitting across it. I put my bag on my full size bed and got on my knees. I reached my hand under it and pulled my laptop out. I have to hide it and my iPod because my parents don't know that I have them. I earned the money to buy them myself but they would think that I stole from them.

No I didn't sleep with anyone. I street fight and I'm good at it. No one knows that I street fight and there really isn't anyone around to care so I don't see what the big deal is. I get money if I win and I get to let out stress and anger. It's a win even if I don't win money.

I sat on my bed and was just about to turn on my laptop when there was a knock a the door. I quickly stashed the laptop under my bed and tossed some cloth's on top of it then ran up the stairs. I took a deep breath then unlocked the door.

Standing there was my dad and I could smell vodka on his breath.

"Why did you get home late?" he asked me.

I looked up at him. I knew I was going to get hit no matter what I said so I just said "I took the long way home."

I saw him raise his hand and he slapped me across the face. I flinched but didn't make a sound.

"Well don't do it again." he said then pushed the hood off my head and yanked on my hair. He pulled me through the door way and tossed me into the wall. I closed my eyes as pain shot up my leg.

He started to kick my stomach and I just knew that it was leaving bruises. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming.

"Scream bitch and I'll stop." he laughing, but I refused to scream.

Just then there was a knock on the door. I looked at towards the door and was really hating that we had a glass door, because the guy standing there could see me and my dad.

"Who the hell is that?" dad asked then walked to the door and opened it. "What do you want?" I heard dad say.

I got off the ground, wincing at the pain in my leg then limped to the door. I froze when I saw Trace standing next to a man and a woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an old story of mine and it was on here before, but I deleted it and now I'm posting it back up.
Comment and tell me what you think! :D