One Hit Wonder

Chapter Six

Ivy's P.O.V.

-Two weeks later-

I took a peak from behind the curtain off to the side of the stage. I bit my bottom lip gazing at the enormous crowd that was about the size of a football field of girls. Small butterflies fluttered inside my tummy. I wiped the palm of my hand on my dark blue jeans. This was the first concert; we were kicking it off in California.

Not only was it the first concert we were performing, but also it was the first time I have been to a concert. Wait, never mind. I have only been to one concert. Still, I was freaking out.

“Ivy.”

I turned around seeing the nervous wreck of Sylvia. “Yeah?” I asked.

“I can’t believe we are going to do this. I’m freaking out,” Sylvia stated. She was fanning herself.

“I know, and we are all freaking out,” I replied.

Sylvia started pacing back and forth.

“Wait, where is Marmalade?”

Sylvia stopped in her tracks.

“I think, she’s in the back.”

“Okay, should we go get her? The show is going to start soon.”

Sylvia nodded her head. “Yes, we should.”

Before Sylvia turned around, a voice caught our attention.

“Sorry, guys. I’m here.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well, that was convenient. You saved us the time to get you,” I said.

Addy touched her hair, which was pinned up to not get in the way.

“Like I said, sorry. I had a wardrobe malfunction,” she clearly explained.

I looked up and down at her clothes. She was wearing white capri pants, a lacy rose embroidered shirt, with gray ankle boots. Her blonde locks were curled perfectly and in her hands, she held a microphone covered in sparkles (like it had been bedazzled).

“Glad, you got it fixed up,” Sylvia spoke up.

“Yeah, you don’t want to be like SpongeBob ripping his pants on our first performance,” I said, chuckling, my face splitting into a smile.

“Pshhh … Yeah right,” Addy said, sporting a smile as well.

“ ‘ello ladies,” Liam spoke walking up to us, “Ready to blow ‘em all away?” He casually wrapped his arm around me.

“I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m kind of nervous,” Sylvia spoke shyly.

“I’m gonna have to agree...,” Addy said shamefully.

“You’re nervous, Marmalade?” I asked her shocked, Addy was always a very bubbly and outgoing person.

“Yeah, a little bit!” she laughed.

“We got dis, Marma don’t chu worry a bit!” I said cheerfully, though in reality I was dying inside.

“Yeah, you’ll all be brilliant,” Harry said, also walking up to us, with the rest of the lads trailing behind.

He wrapped his arm around Addy and I noticed her face get pink, I smiled to myself.

Then out of nowhere, an arm was wrapped around my waist.

I gasped because it tickled but I already knew who it was.

“Hi Nialler,” I laughed.

He chuckled, “Hey!”

Louis stood next to Sylvia and I noticed how her face also began to redden. Louis of course didn’t notice, but I had. Syl totally has a crush on Lou! I mentally smacked myself because I hadn’t noticed earlier.

“Uh, why’d you just smack yourself?” Niall questioned.

“Did I really just do that?” I asked him, that was embarrassing.

He laughed, “Yeah, you did.”

“Oops,” I laughed out of embarrassment, I messed with the hem of my butterfly covered dress.

“Ok everyone!” Ben interrupted us, “You ladies are on in five minutes, get to your places below the stage!”

For our entrance in the concert we would rise up from underneath the stage on a platform. It was so exciting!

I looked at my two best friends a grin plastered on my face. They were both grinning just as much as me.

We said goodbye to the lads who wished us luck and gave us all hugs and we followed one of the stage hands to our places below the stage.

As we stood on our platforms waiting to be raised up to the stage, I glanced over at my friends. I was in the middle so I had to turn my head to see both of them. Sylvia was adjusting her orange off-the-shoulder shirt and returned my hopeful smile. Addy was about ready to jump through the roof she was so excited.

Then we heard our opening song begin to play. To open our part of the concert we were going to sing Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen.

Right on cue, Addy hummed her part into her fancy microphone and sang, “Whoa.”

Sylvia replied singing her part, “It’s always a good time.”

After the introduction of the song our platforms rose just as the song really began.

“Woke up on the right side of the bed,” Sylvia began.

Once we were on the stage where the massive crowd could see us they all erupted in ear-piercing screams. It was ridiculous how excited they were to see three girls no one even knew about two weeks ago.

Soon it came to my part where I proudly sang, “We don’t even have to try, it’s always a good time!”

“Whoo!”

All three of us proudly sang through the chorus of the song. I noticed a lot of the people in the audience singing along with us to the familiar tune.

“It’s always a good time!” We finished the song and we threw our hands in the air.

This was such an exhilarating feeling, being out on stage in front of so many people and knowing you’ve sung a song so well.

“Hello everyone!” Addy cheerfully said to the crowd, “We are The Mystiques!”

The crowd cheered in reply. I laughed, all signs of nervousness fled from my body.

“Hey, I’m Sylvia!” she said with a smile, “I’m 19.”

“Addy!” she exclaimed, “And I’m 18”

My stomach flipped. Now, it was my turn.

“Heyy...” I said shakily, “I’m Ivy!” I tried to give my voice more enthusiasm, and not like I was answering a math question.

“Say how old you are,” Addy whispered over to me.

“Oh yeah,” I laughed, “And I’m 17.”

We all laughed at each other, even on stage we were still acting like ourselves.

“Well, we’d like to sing a song that some of you may know,” Addy began.

“It’s a song called Wrong Ways, written by our very own Ivy Gray,” Sylvia smiled motioning at me.

I felt my face heat up, “But I couldn’t do it without the help of my best friends here,” I laughed wrapping my arms around them both.

“Anyways!” Addy laughed, “Here’s the song that brought us to where we are today, Wrong Ways.”

I walked over to my white baby grand piano they had placed on the stage. I made myself comfortable on the piano bench and put my fingers over the ivory keys and began to play. Sylvia and Addy took their seats on the stools that were next to the piano.

Sylvia began to sing,

“I look into your sparkling eyes,
I feel like I'm hypnotized.
My heart drops to the floor
Wishing there was something more.”

Addy joined Sylvia singing in perfect harmony,

“Am I right in the way I feel?
Could all this even be real?”

Then I joined in with a double harmony with Sylvie as Addy sang the melody.

“I'm turning all the wrong ways,
Making many mistakes.
Clumsy in my quirkiness,
So much less than a princess.
How could you be okay,
When I’m going all the wrong ways?”

Then Addy sang her solo,

“I feel that I have let you down,
That I could never make you proud.
That all my work will never pay,
And it's no use trying to make you stay.”

I sang a quiet harmony as she kept going,

“Am I right in the way I feel?
Could all this even be real?”

Once again we sang the chorus in perfect tune,

“I'm turning all the wrong ways,
Making many mistakes.
Clumsy in my quirkiness,
So much less than a princess.
How could you be okay,
With me going all the wrong ways?”

Then it was time for my solo, the bridge of the song,

“But instead of pushing me away,
You accept my flaws anyway.
You say that they are a part of me,
That you don't want some, but all of me.”

I was surprised at how easy singing this song was in front of so many people. Once I was finished we all joined in for the reprise of the chorus.

“When I'm turning all the wrong ways,
And Making many mistakes,
When Im Clumsy in my quirkiness,
You tell me I’m your princess,
And that you will be okay,
When Im going all the wrong ways.”

We all smiled at each other, proud of our accomplishments.

The crowd went wild and we stood and bowed.

“Ok! Well, as you can see, we have a giant screen here,” Addy said motioning to the screen behind them.

“And we are going to answer any questions, do any song requests, or read anything you have to say via Twitter,” Sylvia explained, “You should have already been told before the show started what number to text or tweet in order to get your tweets and texts on the screen.”

I watched out in the crowd as a lot of the fans got out their cell phones and began to frantically type away on their keyboards. I was really confused as too what was going on...

“Uh, guys what’s going on..?” I questioned to my friends.

“Oh, this is your first legit concert...” Addy trailed off.

Sylvie was quick to explain.

Our first question popped up almost immediately, “ARE ANY OF YOU DATING THE BOYS FROM 1D??? CUZ HARRYS LIKE MINE! via @1dfan4eva.

I giggled, “No, however, Addy’s got the hots for Harry...”

“IVY!” she spouted in shock with embarrassment, “I do NOT have the hots for Harry,” lying through her teeth.

“Ivy has the hots for Niall,” Addy commented back.

I rolled my eyes suppressing my real emotion. “Psh, yeah right,” I avoided eye contact with anyone around me.

“Let’s go to the next question,” Sylvia advised. All eyes gazed up at the screen.

CAN YOU SING A PEICE OF YOUR FAVORITE 1D SONG??? via @JulieTomlinson94.

We all glanced at each other and then burst out in, “SO, get out, get out, get outta ma head! And fall into my arms instead! I don’t, I don’t, don’t, know what it is, but I need that one thing!” we added our usual harmonies just having fun with it, “And you’ve got that ONE THING!”

Everyone out in the crowd reacted very well to our outburst of One Thing.

“NEXT!” Addy yelled happily, turning to the screen.

“DO YOU EVER DANCE WHILE YOU PREFORM? via @I_love_Nialler3.”

I laughed thinking about how terrible we actually are at dancing, “Unless you call the chicken dance quality dancing then, no, we are just as bad at dancing as the lads!”

Addy suddenly started singing, “I don’t wanna be a chicken, I don’t wanna be a duck, so KISS MY BUTT!” she did the dance moves shaking her bum at the end and adding four loud claps.

Sylvia and I burst out laughing at our crazy friend and joined her all dancing in unison looking like complete fools.

“Oh! Ivy does a good shopping cart!” Addy looked over at me and I laughed and did the dance move that looked like I was grabbing items off a shelf and putting them in a shopping cart. I could hear Addy laughing at me because I knew I stuck my butt out when I did it.

“And of course we all know the classic dance moves of One Direction,” Sylvia spoke a devious smile on her face. We all did the familiar pat-the-dog/screw-the-lightbulb, “the Phelps” as Harry called it, the STOP-let-the-people-through, and the weird body adjusting thing Harry always did where he’d push his hips one way and his chest another.

We all laughed and we saw that the audience shared our enthusiasm.

After a long while of answering questions and singing song requests, we had been on the stage for almost the allotted half hour that we had.

“Ok, we have time for one more tweet and then we need to wrap up!” Sylvia mentioned.

R U PLANNING ON MAKING AN ALBUM? I’LL TOTALLY BUY IT. I’M UR BIGGEST FAN! via @mystiques_loverr.

“Aw! We have a biggest fan!” Addy cooed.

I laughed at her soft personality, “Actually,” I glanced at Sylvia and she shrugged.

We had actually talked about making an album before, so I made up an answer, “I think we are actually contemplating making an album. So yes,” I smiled.

“And we’re glad we already have a potential buyer!” Sylvia grinned.

“Ok, well now we’ve got one last song to sing to you. It’s a very uplifting song for all of you out there, we hope you like it! It’s by Britt Nicole,” Addy explained.

The band began to play the beginning of the song Gold by Britt Nicole.

We sang our mingling ‘ohs’ that began the song and then I started the first verse,

“You were walking on the moon,
now you’re feeling low.
What they said wasn’t true,
you’re beautiful.”

Sylvia started her verse of her song,

“Sticks n’ stones break your bones,
I know what you’re feeling.
Words like those won’t steal your glow,
you’re one in a million.”

Then we all joined in to sing the chorus,

“This,
this is for all the girls,
boys all over the world.
Whatever you’ve been told,
you’re worth more than gold.

So hold your head up high,
it’s your time to shine.
From the inside out it shows,
you’re worth more than gold.”

I sang my little descant after the chorus with ease,

“Gold, you’re gold.
You’re worth more than gold.
Gold, you’re gold.”

I was followed by Sylva starting the second verse,

“Everybody keeps score,
afraid you’re gonna lose.
Just ignore,
they don’t know the real you.”

Then Addy finally got her solo,

“All the rain in the sky,
can’t put out your fire.
Of all the stars out tonight,
you shine brighter!”

We danced around as we sang being enthusiastic and happy.

“This,
this is for all the girls,
boys all over the world.
Whatever you’ve been told,
you’re worth more than gold.

So hold your head up high,
it’s your time to shine.
From the inside out, it shows,
you’re worth more than gold.”

Addy sang the descant this time smiling as she did. I was so happy that my friends and I were having so much fun.

“Gold, you’re gold.
You’re worth more than gold.
Gold, you’re gold.”

Then I began the rap type thing she does. I always thought this was funny to sing and Sylvie and Addy made me sing it because they said I had the right personality for it.

“So don’t let anybody tell you that you’re not loved,
and don’t let anybody tell you that you’re not enough.
Yeah,
there are days when we feel like we’re messed up,
but the truth is that we’re all,” Sylva joined me in singing the last line, “diamonds in the rough.”

Then came Addy’s epic solo she sang,

“So don’t be ashamed to wear your crown,
you’re a king,
you’re a queen,
inside and out.
You glow like the moon,
you shine like the stars,
this is for you wherever you are.
Yeah!”

She looked over at me after it was over and I grinned and nodded, letting her know she rocked the high note. Then we all joined in for the chorus one last time, Addy being the Zayn of our group and singing the back ground descants and little things.

“You’re gold!

This,
this is for all the girls,
boys all over the world.
Whatever you’ve been told,
you’re worth more than gold.”

(So hold your head up.)
So hold your head up high,
it’s your time to shine.
From the inside out, it shows,
you’re worth more than gold.

Gold, you’re gold.
You’re worth more than gold.
Gold, you’re gold.”

We had been walking all around to the ends of the stage and all and when the last little verse came of the song we walked over to each other, wrapped our arms around each other, and sang the last lines, putting as much sincerity in it as possible.

“So don’t be ashamed to wear your crown,
you’re a king, you’re a queen inside and out.”

The crowd erupted in cheers and we all grinned.

“Thank you so much everyone!” I shouted into my mic.

“We love you all and appreciate you’re enthusiasm!” Addy grinned back.

“Thanks for coming out tonight!” Sylvia shouted, “Now we would like to introduce...”

And all three of us shouted, “ONE DIRECTION!”

The crowd screamed louder than they ever had before and I thought my eardrums were going to explode.

We walked over to the side of the stage and their opening song, Na Na Na, began to play as the rose up from the stage like we had done.

The began to sing and while they sang they came over and gave us friendly hugs and we walked off stage.

For the rest of their concert we sat just off stage and sang along to all their songs, laughing and enjoying the show just as much as the girls in the audience.

“How are you all enjoying the show?!” Liam questioned the audience which screamed in response.

The show was going to be ending here soon and the girls and I weren’t expecting what happened next.

“Okay! Well for our last two songs we would like to invite The Mystiques back on stage with us!” Louis grinned turning to us.

We looked at each other and one of the stage hands handed us our microphones back.

We hesitantly walked out on stage and waved at the crowd.

“Hello,” Addy said to them shyly.

“Hello ladies!” Niall said happily.

We stood by them and waited for them to explain why they brought us out here.

“We would love it if you would sing One Thing and What Makes You Beautiful with us,” Liam asked casually.

The crowed agreed by screaming a little louder.

“So will you?” Harry asked hopefully, looking right at Addy. I saw her smile.

Niall glanced at me and smiled, willing me to say yes. I couldn’t resist those beautiful blue eyes.

“I think we’d love to,” I said into my mic. Sylvia and Addy smiled in agreement.

“Brilliant!” Zayn said cheerfully.

The song began to play and Liam and Sylvie sung perfectly together. They looked at each other and smiled as they sang, just as best friends would.

Just as how we sang the song in the studio the first day we arrived in L.A. is how we sang it now. It was just weird because now we had the boys singing with us! I got to harmonize with Niall, Sylvia and Liam grooved on their parts, and Addy and Zayn sang the descants and sometimes her and Harry would harmonize together as well. Every once in awhile Sylvia and Lou would sing together and I could tell how happy it made her. He would make her laugh sometimes and it all was just a bunch of fun.

We also joined them for W.M.Y.B. and it was fun to do just the same things. Singing next to Niall made my tummy do flips and I wondered if Addy felt the same singing with Harry on his solo. I could tell Sylvie was a happy camper singing with Lou.

We all ran around and danced as we sang and when we sang with each other we’d look at each other and try so hard not to laugh.

“You don’t know your beautiful, OH OH, and that’s what makes you beautiful!” we all sang at the end. We all struck a cool pose on the last beat and the crowd went wild!

“GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!” Harry shouted into his microphone.

“We love you all!” Liam added.

“Thanks for coming out tonight!” Niall grinned.

“Goodbye lovelies!” Sylvia laughed.

We all ran off stage, panting and hearts racing.

“That was so fantastic!” Addy shouted grinning from ear to ear and tackling Harry in a huge hug.

He smiled and hugged her back.

“You guys were amazing out there,” Niall said to me with that cute smile of his.

I grinned and said, “Thanks Niall!” and I hugged him as well.

“Everyone needs to get out to the tour busses right now!” Paul announced to them, “We need to get out there before the fans do.”

“RACE YA!” I shouted and we all sprinted out to where the tour busses had been parked.

I won.
“Suck it ya losers!” I screamed climbing into The Mystiques tour bus.

“Ouch, that was rude!” Addy said sarcastically climbing in behind me.

Sylvia was last on our bus.

“Geez what took ya so long Sylvie? You usually beat us,” I asked.

“She was totally talking to Louis,” Addy smirked.

Her cheeks turned pink, “I was not! I was saying goodnight to all of them!”

“Psh, yeah right. Girl, don’t try to pull the wool over our eyes! We know you have a crush on Lou,” I replied as I laid on the carpeted floor of the bus.

“Whatever,” Sylvia waved us off and that was the end of that subject.

Our bus driver, Nancy, shut the door.

“How’d it go?” she asked us with a polite smile.

Nancy was an older woman who had been driving busses for almost twelve years now. She was really nice and reminded us of Addy’s mom whom was also a school bus driver.

“It. Was. Perfect,” I stated, lying on my back on the floor.

“Best night of our lives,” Addy added.

“I still can’t believe it actually happened...,” Sylvia said in a daze.

Nancy chuckled, “That’s great! Well, looks like it’s time to get rolling. You girls need to get some sleep.”

“Yup, that’s where I’m headed. Goodnight guys,” Sylvia stated simply heading to the back of the bus where our bunks were.

“Goodnight love!” Addy shouted to her.

“We love you darling!” I added.

She just laughed and disappeared.

“She’s in love with Louis. There’s no denying it,” Addy said to me.

I laughed, “Look who’s talking, Mrs. Soon-to-be-Styles!” I joked.

She playfully gasped, “Shoot, the day Harry marries me will be the day pigs fly.”

“That’s not true, Harry totally likes you back Marmalade,” I smiled.

“Yeah, well, Niall’s in love with you Ivy. I’d watch out, he may propose to you on stage next week!” she laughed at her own joke and I joined in.

“Whatever,” I shrugged.

“Well,” Addy stood from where she was sitting on the couch, “I’m gonna hit the hay too. Sweet dreams Ivy!”

“Goodnight!” I replied. I was beginning to feel the lack of energy hit me as well.

Addy vanished to her bed and I laid silently on the floor letting the events of the night run through my head like a movie. I still couldn’t believe this was all happening to us...

Just then my phone buzzed in my pocket breaking my thoughts.

It was a text from Niall and I smiled.

Text Message From:
My Little Leprechaun

hey Ivy we didn’t get to say goodnight but i wanted to tell you, you looked beautiful tonight :) can’t wait to see you tomorrow love <3


I grinned, this boy made me the happiest girl alive.

I quickly texted a reply back.

Text Message To:
My Little Leprechaun

thanks Ni! you looked great tonight too! :) see you in the mornin!


My day had been perfect and as I changed into some pajamas and climbed into my bunk I wondered how this could ever get any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
This chapter took forever to write just cause it was a long chapter! Over 4,000 words! :O
We added the whole lyrics to two of the songs because one is original (IT IS COPYRIGHTED, WRONG WAYS IS ORIGINAL. PLEASE AND THANK YOU, IT IS WRITTEN BY US) and Gold by Britt Nicole (because it is an uplifting song - you should listen to it). :D
We really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as we had fun writing this! :DDD
Thank you, Valiente, for commenting! XDD

-------

amazingirl47 (ChocolateStrawberries):I'm sorry but you have probably noticed that I have deleted my account on here. I'm sorry but I had to … but I'm on Harry Styles Fan Fiction and One Direction Fan Fiction. All these stories on my old account here are on there. I wanted to tell you so I won't leave you hanging. And I'm sorry again about this. I've been going through a hard time. Please forgive me.

And me and LoveShawty22 are still going to be writing in this story. For both "The Undo Button" and "One Hit Wonder". :)