Status: I have fourteen chapters on my wattpad, so I will be transferring them onto here.

Keeping Secrets

Three

Dear Cody Simpson;
April 10, 2012

The kids at school are getting worse. Today they made a circle around me and kicked me to the ground. They told me that I should have died and it’s a shame my attempts failed. They told me my mom should have got an abortion; that their lives would be a million times better if I was gone. I spent my whole school day at the park, sitting on the swing and crying. They are right of course. My own mom left late last night and she hasn’t been home since. No phone calls or notes were left in her place. She’s abandoned me. My cuts are getting deeper. Tonight, they’ll bleed so much that maybe this time, I’ll finally succeed at dying. That’s all I want.

I’m sorry, Cody. I thought writing to you might bring some sense to me, but the kids at school are right. I should be dead, so this will be my second to last letter to you. The last one is necessary, trust me. It’ll explain everything to you. And… it’ll give you clues, if you even care. Maybe I’m just tired and need help. No one here cares, but I’m hoping maybe you will. If you don’t care, then what point do I have to continue living? None, so this is my promise to you.

-Anonymous.


Cody blinks rapidly, frozen in shock at the letter. It’s the same girl from before, he knows this for sure. He picks up the envelope, placing the letter gently back inside it, shoving it into his bag. Cody stands up, throwing the bag over his shoulder and leaving his room. He takes the steps two at a time to get downstairs, meeting his mom at the bottom.

“Cody, what’s the rush?”

Cody shakes his head and lies. “There is no rush. I’m going to call Greyson and see if he wants to hang out.”

Angie nods slightly, sighing. “You’ve been acting a little weird lately. Is everything alright?”

“Yes, I’m alright. I’m going now.”

Cody strides past her, exiting the house and pulling his phone out. The first thing he does is pull out his phone, calling his manager and best friend Matt. He starts to walk down the street while waiting for him to pick up, desperately hoping he will pick up.

“Cody?” Matt’s voice is soft. Cody assumes his wife must be sleeping.

“Matt, I need a huge favor.”

“What the hell could it be at a time like this?”

Cody pulls his phone away from his ear to glance at the time, seeing it’s eight in the morning. He chuckles to himself as he puts the phone back to his ear.

“Sorry, I didn’t realize it was so early. Anyway, I need you to come get me and we need to talk about some things.”

Matt sighs irritably. “Alright, fine, but what exactly are we talking about?”

“You’ll see. Pick me up at Starbucks.” Cody replies, hanging up before he can respond.

Cody picks up his pace a little. Once he reaches Starbucks he orders a Vanilla Frappuccino, waiting until Matt comes to get him. As he sips the Frappuccino, he thinks of the girl. She’s searching for help, because the people around her have neglected her. Those kids, how could they live with themselves knowing that they are hurting her? Cody longs to find her and pull her into his arms, never letting her go and promising her that he’ll keep her safe.

“Don’t worry” he murmurs to himself. “I’ll do whatever it takes to save you, even if it means giving up on my dream.”

Cody hears a honk outside, looking out the window to see Matt waiting in his truck. He hurries out of Starbucks, climbing into the truck and leaning against the seat with a small sigh. Matt doesn’t say anything, instead pulling out of the parking lot and driving towards what Cody assumes could be his house. He’s never been there before.

At the house, Matt gets out of the truck and Cody follows him. They enter the house and go straight to the basement. In the basement, there is a couch and a giant flat screen TV with surround sounds. Matt smiles sheepishly at him.

“My wife doesn’t like football, so on the football nights I sit down here and watch it.”

Cody nods as he takes a seat on the couch. “Matt, I need to take a break from my music.”

Matt blinks, then gives him a “what the hell” look. “You can’t do that. Why would you want to do that?”

Cody sighs. He pulls out both letters, handing the first one to Matt. As Matt reads the letter, his eyes widening every so often, Cody fiddles with the second letter. Once Matt has finishing reading it, he opens his mouth to say something, but Cody quickly hands him the second letter.

Cody places the first letter carefully back in his bag, looking up at Matt just as he hands the second letter back to him.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He asks quietly, suddenly understanding why Cody wants to take a break.

Cody nods slowly. “I need your help though. She says she’s going to send me clues to find her. Obviously she wants me to find her. She wants the help, Matt. Will you help me find her, before she thinks it’s too late?”

“I’ll try and do everything I can to help.” Matt promises.

“Thank you.” Cody says in relief, then sighs. “I haven’t told my parents yet.”

Matt smiles softly. “I’ll help you. Let’s go.”

With that being said, they get up and leave, a plan already forming in Cody’s mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. Four subscribers. Thank you so much! Make yourself known! Comment(: I know it seems like a lot, but even a "this is really good, keep it up" is highly encouraging. Although, I prefer more in depth comments, I'll take anything. :D