Status: in progress

A Night at Nandos

Chapter 1

I quickly got out of my car, and rushed through the door of Nandos; fumbling with my keys, trying to lock the door to my beat up mustang.

I was late for work. Again.

My boss Daniel walked out from the back room, as i was tying a waitressing apron around my waist.

"You're late, Skylar. I let you off the first 2 times you were, but for being an employee you have to pick it up, "He visibly sighed, "This is your last chance, or you're getting the boot. Its not that i don't enjoy you working here, but this is a running establishment. You need to show up on time for work."

"I LOVE YOU, DANIEL. Thank you so so much! I promise i'll get here on time next time." I yelled, walking behind the desk at the front.

Time to start work.

It felt like the day was dragging on and on; for Nandos, it was very slow.

I got off at 10:00. It was currently 9:50, and the restaurant was empty apart from an old couple in the corner, who were in fact paying their bill to leave.

"Thanks for coming, guys!" I shouted out the door as they left.

Finally! i just wanted to go home and sleep. I've been late, because i was working 2 jobs. My mother worked 3, and we were still barely scraping by. We had to support her, my younger brother, younger sister, and I.

9:57. Right as i was about to call off the kitchen staff, the door swung open revealing a blonde haired boy with a chipper smile.

God he was gorgeous..

BUT what asshole comes in 3 minutes before closing?!

I wanted to go home. I forced a smile on my face instead, "Hello, Sir. Welcome to Nandos!"

"Hella.. Table fer one?" He asked in a god damn beautiful irish accent.

I broke out of my little trance on his beauty, "Uh, yes.. Right this way sir."

I led him to a cute little booth in the back... What? it had the comfiest seats.

"Here you go, sir." I spoke as i handed him a menu.

The blonde heart throb replied, "Please call me Niall, not sir. And your name is?"

He smiled devilishly at me, and my throat caught and i stuttered, "Uh.. yeah.. my name is.. My name is Skylar.."

"Lovely name for a lovely girl." The flirty boy called Niall winked.

He winked.. My heart just stopped i think.

"Drink?" i asked shortly.

"Water, and i'll have the Perrie Perrie Chicken as well for the dinner."

I smiled, "Of course, Sir- i mean Niall. Your order will be out shortly."

And it was. Being the only person in Nandos 10:00 pm does that to a person. He basically had the whole staff waiting on him.

Though, the rest of the waitresses and waiters left at 10:00. I had to stay due to Niall. It was Niall, I, and half the kitchen staff.

I quickly returned 10 minutes later, with his Perrie Perrie and a fresh iced water since he already finished the one i already brought out.

"Here you are."

He smiled a crooked little grin.. It was adorable, "Thanks.. Care for a sit?"

"Oh," i gasped, "I really can't. I'm working."

"I'm the only one in the restaurant, babe. I think you can sit for a minute." he crooked grin widened, and he shone his sparkling blue orbs at me.

"Okay." I agreed to the blonde little minx.

What i didn't know, was this was only the beginning for Niall and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, tell me what you think!! :)