Status: in progress

A Night at Nandos

Chapter 2

As I sat down, i felt a bit uncomfortable.

Was i just supposed to watch him eat? Why did he invite me to sit down?

"Why don't you eat as well, Skylar?" Niall asked through a mouthful of Perrie Perrie Chicken.

"Well, I'm working," I sighed, "I'm not even supposed to be sitting here. We're just lucky the manager already left. We're the only people still here. Only like 3 kitchen staff are even left."

He smiled a cheeky grin, "Order something, Love. I'll pay for it!"

"No you will not, i'm not hungry anyway." at that statement, my stomach growled.

My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment..

"Sounds like you are," He sighed with a small smirk, "You can't deny me from ordering...besides i have to bring home some food for my mates."

"That i can't..and thats fine." i threw a teasing smile back.

He chuckled, "What would you reccomend..?"

"How many mates you ordering for?" I laughed.

"4."

I pondered for a second, but i already knew. My favorite dish, "I recommend the Perrie Chicken Wrap."

"Well i'll take six of those." He demanded.

I let out a breathe, "Six?! I thought you were feeding 4 mates, not a small army."

He chuckled, "4 for the mates; one extra for my snack later, since i'm an endless pit that inhales food; and one for you to eat with me."

"Whatever." i stated defiantly, knowing i couldn't very well deny him his order.

I stood up and sauntered back to the kitchen, to inform the staff of their new orders.

Surely, they would not be pleased.

Oddly enough, they didn't mind too much. Except, one of them asked me to snatch the kids silverware and sell it on ebay.

What? I simply laughed. Why should we sell HIS silverware? Was he famous or something? Maybe i should ask him what he does..

I decided i would not ask. If he is famous, he probably wants to be left alone. If he isn't, i don't want to look like a fool.

I brought the food out in record time.

"Foods here." I chuckled, and sat next to him.

We continued to make small talk, but we mostly ate in a comfortable silence.

Everything seemed to be comfortable with Niall. God, i hoped he didn't have a girlfriend.

Though, it shouldn't matter. I doubt he'd ever take an interest in me.

"So, why you working at Nandos? Shouldn't you be in college or something?" He asked innocently, once he finished off his chicken.

I took a sip of his water before clearing my throat, and he didn't seem to mind.

"I can't really afford that right now, but i'm saving up." I continued, "I'm working two jobs to save for college, and my mom is working three to pay our bills.. But, i'm glad i am going to earn everything i get."

He looked at me sympathetically at first, then he smiled, "You're really an amazing girl, just from the short time i've known you."

I blushed a deep scarlet, "Thank you, Niall."

"I actually do have to get back to my mates, before they get worried. I was supposed to get take out, but then i saw my pretty waitress and couldn't resist." He smiled a cheeky grin.

Oh boy, he's been here over an hour.

I laughed, "I'd say your friends are a little worried."

"Nahh, i've been texting them. They're informed, "He chuckled, "But i would like the bill, please."

I stood up, and went to the cash register and printed the check.

"Here you are, thanks for eating at Nandos." I turned a bit red at the corny line.

I don't think i've ever blushed this much in my life.

"No THANK YOU for the lovely dinner, Skylar." I saw him messing with the bill, and i watched him as he signed it, before looking up.

"I'll be right back, i have to let off the kitchen staff."

He winked, "I'll be waiting."

When i got back, he was closing the check book.

He stood up, and bid farewell before leaving.

I opened the check book to find a wad of cash tucked there, so i pulled it out to count it.

The total bill was 55.64 and he left.. 555.64$??!?!?!??!

What the actual fuck!?!?!

This had to be a fucking joke.

There was a little note scribbled on a 20.

'Dear, Skylar. I think you are a lovely girl. You don't deserve to have to work so much, so i thought i'd help anyway i can. Thanks for the nice dinner. I would have left a larger tip, but i don't carry that much cash on me, and i happened to just come from the atm. Give me a call anytime you want to talk or hang out. I'd love to have dinner with you again. xo, Niall Horan.'

Below the text was his number written in little black ink.

I just met a beautiful boy, and he was sweet and charming.. Oh and he left me a 500$ tip.

Today was in fact a good day thanks to one person:

Niall Horan.