Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'You worry too much, Josh'

The night sky was a nice shade of blue with speckled of grey in it. I stared up at it as I walked, my thoughts were going out of control and the only thing to calm them down was going for a walk. I wrapped my scarf around my neck snugly, and stuffed my hands into my jacket's pockets. The streets were quiet, the only thing that was being heard was the faint sound of cars passing by on the main streets. The reasonable part of my brain was telling me to go back home because it wasn't very smart to be out so late at night. While the less reasonable side was telling me to keep walking, not knowing where I would end up, but I didn't mind. I didn't know where I was going, and to be honest, I didn't really care.

I had been doing this for quite some time, leaving my house in the late hours of the night. Sometimes, I would end up at the local park, or at the nearby diner, most of them time, I just walked. I figured tonight I would just walk aimlessly.

I wasn't quite surprised when a car pulled up next to me, I ignored it, walking a bit quicker. I heard the window roll down and that was when I turned my head,

"Go away." I waved them off. Josh cut the engine and the I sighed loudly, I heard him getting out the car, but I didn't stop walking.

"Let's go." His arms wrapped around my waist, I didn't fight him, because I knew either way, I would end up getting into his car. He opened the door for me and I got in slowly, frowning at him. I was quiet, making sure to get my point across. I wasn't very happy with Josh at the moment.

"When are you going to stop doing this?" He asked, his voice was small. I looked over at him for only a moment,

"Doing what?" I questioned.

He sighed, "Eden, you can't just fucking leave the house during late hours of the night. It isn't safe. I'm getting tired of driving around trying to look for you."

"Nothing is going to happen to me. And I didn't ask for you to look for me, did I? You worry too much, Josh." I sighed and brought my hand up to tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear. I turned my body slightly, so that my back was facing him.

"I worry because you're my girlfriend," He said a bit loudly, "Or have you forgotten that?" He asked after a moment of silence. Of course, I hadn't forgotten.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked quickly, turning my body around, he sighed and I watched as he took a deep a breath in.

"I'm starting to think that you've forgotten that we're in a relationship." I scoffed at his words.

"You're not making sense, Josh. How can someone forget about-"

"You barely talk to me, Eden." We were home now, parked right outside, "We live in the same goddamn apartment and you barely speak to me. If it wasn't for me talking to you, I'm pretty sure you would never talk to me at all. You don't act like my girlfriend, you're more of a roommate."
That hurt, slightly. I couldn't think of anything to say, so I got out the car and walked up the steps, digging into my jacket pocket's to get my keys. I opened the door, and walked into our apartment, I shrugged off my jacket and slipped off my scarf. I proceeded to walk into the room, kicking off my boots,

"So?" Josh's voice said smoothly, "We're not going to talk about this?" I turned to look at him, studying his familiar features.

"There isn't anything to talk about." I stated. He sighed, he walked further into the room, taking off his shoes.

"This isn't right, Eden. This isn't how relationships work. Couples talk things through, and you refuse to talk to me, how do you think this is ever going to work if you keep pushing me away?"
I ignored him as I walked out of the room, I was breathing quickly, I could feel the hot tears threatening to fall. I walked into the dark hallway, heading towards the other room in the apartment. I opened the door slowly, and flipped on the light switch. The light pink walls seemed dull to me, my eyes traveled to the white crib on the far left of the room, I stepped into the room, and looked around again. That's when I started to cry, I sobbed into my hands loudly, not caring if Josh heard me or not.

"Eden?" I kept crying as I felt his presence in the room, "Come on, baby. Don't do this to yourself." His words only made me cry harder. I dropped my hands and looked at the room once more.

Josh walked over to me and enveloped me in his arms. I buried my face into his chest and cried, I cried until I couldn't cry anymore, my head was hurting and my eyes felt puffy.

"Come on, Eden, " Josh wrapped his arm around my shoulder, leading me away from the small room, he turned off the lights and shut the door. I wiped my cheeks and sniffled as he took back into our bedroom. He laid with me, stroking my hair and murmuring sweet things, those things had always made me sleepy. Sleeping was my favorite part of the day because it was the only time I could forget my sorrows.
♠ ♠ ♠
ta-da, new story. My very first ymas related fan fic and I'm really excited for this. c: