Status: COMPLETED!

When I Wake Up Next To You

Life Changing

With Niall and I back together now, I had extended my trip from home, joining the tour again for the last leg of it. On top of that, on the suggestion of Simon I had hired an agent and with the release of the Stand Up close and a preview already out, she had her hands full fielding calls, auditions and even outright offers for jobs. It was... surreal how much my life had changed so much so quickly. It was worth it all though, and the thought of ever going back to my previous life was something that was never thought of.

The day before the Stand Up video was to be released on youtube, we all crowded in Liam's hotel room to watch the final product for ourselves before everyone else. I sat on Niall's lap, arms wrapped around his neck as Liam opened the video up.

"Now Niall, don't get jealous of our scenes with A.J." Harry piped up, with a grin on his face, "I know we get awful close to her, but we don't snog her like you do at the end."

"I'm not going to get jealous." Niall said, then added quietly to me, "I was plenty jealous when we were filming though."

I laughed, giving him a squeeze and kissing him on the cheek, "It's okay, jealousy happens."

"Alright alright you two," Liam said, "Enough of that, it's time to watch this video."

The video started, with me entering into the party of extras. I could only stare at myself in shock - I looked unrecognizable. The music began to play, and the video began to play out with me dancing with all the boys only to steal their pieces of the jewel. When the video got to Niall and I's dance, I felt Niall's grip tighten. For my part, I felt myself hold my breath as the scene replayed. To everyone else who watched it, they would think we were simply acting. But watching it now, next to Niall I realized it was no act - our pain at being apart in real life was plain to me.

"You have it..."

"Have what?"

"My heart... you've always had it. I love you.

The entire room was quiet as the video ended on our kiss, before a slow clap began to start.

"That... was bloody amazing." Louis said, "Absolutely amazing."

"You were great A.J." Zayn said with a smile, clapping a hand on my shoulder.

I smiled, "Thanks, you guys weren't half bad youselves." I looked at Niall who was being unusually quiet, "What'd you think?"

"That... it's something I'll never forget, that having you run away from me was the most painful thing, even if it was acting," he looked up at me and smiled, "But you were absolutely brilliant, babe."

-----
When the video released we were all flooded with compliments, and I was happy to see a majority of the fans were okay with my casting.
More than that though, now that the video was released, my agent had been overwhelmed with offers. One however stuck out more then the rest. While we were in Sunrise, Florida for the last show of the tour, she called me.

"It's for a major film studio, a romantic drama. James Franco has been attached to the film as the male lead. The director really wants you as the female lead after seeing the video," Stacy said.

My phone felt heavy in my hand, and my entire body felt weightless, "R-really? Stace, I've got to take it!"

"Well, you'll have to fly out to L.A. to close the deal but... Alice, there's just one catch."

My breath caught, "What...what is it?"

"Filmings over in the U.K. You'll be away from the U.S for a couple of mon-"

She was cut off by my laughter, being in the U.K. for a few months? That was no catch.

"Stacey, that's totally fine. Niall's going back there after the tour anyway! It's perfect."

"Oh! Well that's perfect then! I'll e-mail you the details and set up a flight out to L.A. to meet with the director to finalize the deal!"

"Thanks Stace, talk to you later." I said and ended the call. I grinned, and fell backward into my bed with a squeal of delight. Not only was I going to be in a major film, but I would be able to spend what off-time I had with Niall?

Speaking of Niall, I glanced at the time... it was nearly time for me to head to the arena for the show. I thought for a moment, deciding when I'd tell him the good news. After, after the show would be my best bet.

----
"THANK YOU ALL FOR A WONDERFUL TOUR... AND GOOD NIGHT!"

I stood backstage grinning happily as the boys filed offstage, excited but exhilarated at the end of the very first headlining tour. Spotting me, Niall immediately came over and wrapped his ams around my waist to give me a kiss.

"Eugh, you're so sweaty!" I said with a laugh, "But that's okay."

"You love it!" he said brushing his nose against mine, "And if you don't well.. you can always clean me up in the showe-"

"Harry is way too much of an influence on you guys." I said cutting him off with a bemused smile, "But um, I have some news to tell you."

"News?" Niall looked at me, worry filling his face.

"I'm flying out to L.A. to close a deal to star in a major movie. Filming will be for a few months..."

"A few months?" Niall said quietly, "Really?"

"Well. A few months over in the U.K." I said with a smirk.

"You're... you're gonna be over in the U.K with me?" he let out a whoop, picking me up and twirling me around, "LOVE, THIS IS THE BEST NEWS IN THE WORLD."

I laughed, holding onto him tightly, "I'll have to work obviously, but any time I get off, I'll be right by your side."

"So we've got two things to celebrate tonight then, huh?" Louis said, "Sorry, overheard the whole thing. Congrats A.J."

"Overheard? You probably were listening in, nosy Tommo! But thanks." I said with a grin as the other boys crowded around to congratulate me.
-----
After the festivities of the night celebrating the end of the tour and my movie deal, Niall and I collapsed into bed, exhausted. I snuggled up close to him, bringing the blanket around us both.

"Niall..."

"Hm?" he looked at me in the darkness, his eyes half closed with sleep.

"I love you. Waking up next to you... is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me." I said quietly, "I don't...I don't want to ever leave you."

Niall pulled me closer, "You won't, I won't let you leave me ever again."

I smiled, kissing his forehead and closing my eyes to sleep, his words a comfort.
----
"Niall..." I mumbled, "Niall, I'm about to fall off the bed, scootch over."

Niall didn't move and I sighed, opening my eyes to the blinding sunlight coming in.

"Nia..." I stopped, feeling my body go cold.

"What do you want Alice... I'm still sleepy...go back to bed."

"Lu...Lucy?" I stared at my friend, and pushed myself up to look around. Was this some sort of joke?

"What's today's date? Lucy! What's the date?!" I grabbed her and shook her.

"It's January 13th! Jeez Jeez, lemme go, I wanna sleeeep."

I let go of her, my hands falling to my side, limp and as numb as the rest of my body.

"What's wrong?" Jenny entered the room, holding a pan filled with eggs, "Alice... are you... crying?"

"I..." I reached a hand up to touch my cheek and sure enough, my cheek was wet with tears, "I just had a...a dream."

"Aw...sis, was it that bad?" Jenny asked, coming over and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No," I whispered, "It was so good... that I'm crying that it's over." and I crumpled into a ball, sobs overtaking my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't fret. this isn't over yet, yo. almost, but not without it's happy ending. there is one last chapter + an epilogue.

plus a sequel so y'know. P: don't worry~ i know this is probably going to upset a lot of you BUT. don't worry okay!!! I've got your backs =w=