4 Letter Word

Last Friday Night

Diggy
I stood there, eyes wide, unable to move. Lina wants me? Nah, that can't be right. She's drunk, she doesn't know what she's saying. But, then again, people did say that drunk people don't lie. I wonder if--.

"Dig? You good?" Jacob asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah."

All of a sudden, everybody started cheering as they stood around in a circle. I cocked a brow and looked at my friends. We walked over to the circle and I almost had a heart attack when I saw why they were cheering. There, on top of a table, was Lina, dancing like she belonged in Tyga's 'Ayy Ladies' video. I shook my head and pushed my way through the circle. I grabbed her waist and threw her over my shoulder as she laughed. I said my goodbyes and left.

********

Lina fell asleep in the car, so I took her up to her room and laid her in the middle of her bed. I took off her heels and put them on the floor, then made my way to her door. Before I could get there I heard her soft voice.

"You're leaving me?" she asked.

I turned around and scratched the back of my neck. "I thought you were sleep."

She sat up. "Nope. I'm awake, so come here." she said with a smile, patting the space in front of her on the bed.

I walked over to the bed and sat down in the spot she had patted. "How you feel?"

"I feel great!" she said with a big grin.

I chuckled and shook my head. I am so glad her parents aren't home.

She grabbed my hand and began playing with the watch on my wrist. "Did you have fun at the party?"

"Yeah." I said. "I'd ask you, but I already know the answer."

She broke out in a fit of giggles.

"You know something Dig? You've gotten cuter since the last time you came to Philly."

I blushed a little. "Uh . . . thanks." I looked up and she smiled. I hadn't realized how close we were sitting until now. She leaned closer to me and before I could register what she was doing, I felt her lips on mine. Without thinking, I kissed her back. I finally came to my senses and pulled away.

"Lina, we can't do this." I said softly.

She cocked her head to the side and looked at me. "Why? You don't like me?"

When I hesitated to answer she placed her hands on either side of my face. "You don't have to answer that. I know you like me, you just won't admit it."

I sighed and gently removed her hands from my cheeks. "It's not that." I said as she pulled me closer.

She began to place kisses along my neck, making me go stiff. "No? Then what is it?" Another kiss. "You don't want me?" she whispered, kissing me again, this time on the lips.

My mind was telling me that I should stop kissing Lina, but my body was saying otherwise. I know that I should've pulled away, but for some reason, I couldn't. These kisses were nothing compared to the best friend pecks that I'm used to getting from her. I felt her hands move down my chest until she reached the bottom of my shirt. She began to lift it, and that's when I knew I had to end this. I pulled away and she looked at me, confused as to why I'd stopped our kissing.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Everything." I said sliding my hands down my face. "We shouldn't be doing this. We're best friends, and you're drunk."

She bit her lip and looked down. "Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'll um . . . I'll see you in the morning." I said getting up.

"Okay. I love you." she said hugging me.

I hugged her back. "I love you too."

I left her room and went to mine, plopping down onto the bed. I wonder if she's going to remember any of this tomorrow...

Catalina
If you want it, let's do it
Ride it, my pony
My saddle is waiting
Come and jump on it
Jump, jump, jump, jump

Who the hell could be calling me this early? I reached over and grabbed my phone off of my nightstand, sliding my thumb across the screen without bothering to see who it was.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Goodmorning sunshine." Princess's voice answered.

"Oh my God, why are you screaming?" I asked holding my throbbing head.

"I'm not screaming Ms. I Have A Hangover."

I winced at how loud her voice sounded and groaned. "What do you want?"

"To know if you're still coming to Demitria's house."

I looked at the clock and noticed that it wasn't as early as I thought it was. It was only 11:32.

"Yeah. Give me like, an hour." I replied.

"'Kay, bye."

"Bye."

I sat up and instantly regretted it. The room started spinning and my stomach turned. I got out of bed and ran to the toilet, throwing myself over it as vomit came up. I heaved a few times then felt my hair being pulled back. I threw up whatever was left in my stomach and flushed the toilet.

"Thanks." I said as I stood up, going to the sink to brush my teeth.

"No problem. How you feelin'?" Dig asked.

"Like shit." I shoved my toothbrush into my mouth and began to brush my teeth, trying to rid my mouth of the horrible taste it had.

He laughed. "Last night when I asked you that you grinned and said 'I feel great!'"

I spit into the sink and looked at him through the mirror. "Speaking of last night, what happened?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" he asked.

"Dancing with you." I replied as I began to brush again.

Diggy
"Well, after that you got some punch and kept dancing. I think you had like, six cups. You grinded on some boy so hard that I thought y'all were gonna have sex, so I made you sit with me. You sat on my lap and practically gave me a lap dance, then told me te deseo and left."

She almost choked on her spit when I said the last part. "You don't know what te deseo means, do you?" she asked turning to look at me, a scared look in her eyes.

"No." I lied. I wasn't about to tell her the truth and make everything awkward.

"Oh. So what else happened?"

"A couple of minutes after that I found you dancing on a table, so I grabbed you and brought you home, where you told me that I got cuter and tried to seduce me." I won't tell her about the kissing part. Well, not today.

Catalina
I'm pretty sure my eyes looked like they were going to pop out of my head right now.

"I tried to seduce you?" I asked.

"Yeah." he replied scratching the back of his neck.

"You didn't let me, did you?" I asked, scared of what his answer might be.

He shook his head quickly. "Of course not!"

"Okay good. That would've been awkward." I said, relieved.

"I know." he said.

I can't believe I tried to have sex with my best friend.

*********

It was supposed to be windy today, so when I got out of the shower I put on my black Run DMC sweatshirt, a pair of dark blue Marc Jacobs skinnies, and my red, black, and white 4's. I put my white mustache watch on one wrist and two shamballa bracelets on the other. I put in some diamond studs, slid on my diamond ring, and put on the locket necklace that Diggy gave me when we were twelve. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and put on a pair of black Ray Bans, then grabbed my bag and went to Diggy's room.

"Hey, I'm going out for a while. You gonna be okay here by yourself?" I asked as I stood in the doorway.

"Yeah. Nice shirt." he said with a smirk.

"Thanks love." I put my hands on the doorframe and struck a pose, poking out my lips. I heard the shutter of his phone's camera and looked at him. "Who said you could take my picture?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

He smirked. "Obviously I did."

I rolled my eyes behind my shades and smiled. "You got a smart ass mouth Diggy."

He got up and walked over to me. "That may be so, but you love it."

"Unfortunately, I do."

"Can I have a BP?" he asked poking out his lips.

"Of course you can." I stood on my tip toes and quickly pecked his lips.

Now before you go getting your panties in a twist, calm down. A BP is a Bestie Peck, it's not a real kiss. It's just this thing we started doing when we were younger.

"See you later Captain Diggy."

He chuckled. "Bye Lina."

********

I sipped my coffee as I walked up to Demitria's door. I knocked a couple of times and the door swung, revealing Demitria, who was holding her head.

"Hangover?" I asked.

She nodded and stepped to the side to let me in.

"Same here." I said as we walked out to patio in the back, where Princess, Samira, Andrea, and Cache were sitting around the table talking. "Hey y'all."

They all said hey and I sat down in the chair next to Samira. "So, which one of y'all hoes thought it would be a good idea to spike the punch bowl last night?" I asked eyeing them all.

Cache slowly rose her hand. "That would be me." I'm still surprised that her mom let her come last night, but then again, she never stays on punishment for more than three hours.

"What the hell did you put in there?" Andrea asked.

Cache sipped her orange juice and looked around the table. "A bottle of Pinnacle."

"You poured a whole bottle of vodka in there?!" Samira asked.

"I'm not even going to ask how you managed to get a bottle of vodka." Princess said.

"Look," Cache replied pointing to Demitria, "this dummy over here told me to do it."

"Yo, I hate you right now." Andrea said. "Do you know where I woke up this morning? In the damn bathtub, hugging one of her slippers."

We all laughed.

"Girl, I woke up on Demitria's bedroom floor in my bra and jeans, with one shoe on." Cache said making us laugh even harder.

"Please. I didn't even make it upstairs." Demitria said laughing. "I put everybody out and passed out at the bottom of the steps."

I shook my head. "I bet my story will top all of y'all's."

"What happened to you last night?" Andrea asked.

"Let's see. Apparently, I got so drunk that I was twerking on somebody, basically gave Diggy a lap dance, and told him that I want him. Thankfully, he doesn't know what I said because I said it in Spanish."

"Oh lawd!" Princess said throwing her hands up dramatically.

"Wait, I'm not done." I said holding up a finger. "After I told him that, I left him and he found me dancing on a table so he took me home, where I told him that he got cuter and tried to seduce him."

They were all silent as they stared at me with their mouths open.

"And the winner for the best drunk tale goes to Catalina Santino." Samira said in an announcer voice.

Everybody burst out laughing.

"Told y'all." I said.

"Well, at least it's not Monday, 'cause I would've been sleeping in each and every class." Demitria said.

"Right." we all agreed, laughing.

"Thank God all you put in there was vodka." Princess said to Cache.

"Well, I might have put some ecstasy in there too." Cache said taking another sip of her juice.

"What?!" we all screamed.

She laughed at our reactions and the looks on all of our faces. "Relax, I'm just kidding. There wasn't any ecstasy in there."

We all glared at her.

I shook my head. "You play entirely too much."

"I know." she said as we all laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about that long wait. I had to take the stupid Keystone tests.

Chapter title: Last Friday Night- Katy Perry
Catalina's ringtone: Jump- Rihanna

For those of you who don't understand why Diggy commented on her sweater, it was because his dad was part of Run DMC.