Status: In Progress..

If I Could Change Your Mind

"Am I Your Hooker Or Something?"

Alex slides into the passenger seat of Matt Flyzik’s car, grinning at Jack. Jack doesn’t return the smile, but instead gives him a strange look. “Lex, are you sure you’re okay? I’m kinda worried about you...you know if you want to talk about it I’m here for you, always...” Jack trails, a pleading look in his eyes.

“Yeah, I’m fine, don’t worry about it.” Alex says tersely, looking away. He feels bad enough not being able to do anything with his stupid arm, Alex doesn’t want to ruin his first date with Jack by complaining about it.

“Okay...is it about us?” Jack guesses, pressing Alex to give away more information.

“No, it’s not about us. I love you Jacky, why would you ever question that?”

“I don’t know, I was just checking, I’m worried, I’m sorry...is it about the band? And the tour?”

“Jack, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“So it is about the tour?”

“Jack, will you just leave me alone?!” Alex shouts in Jack’s face, before crossing his arms awkwardly and slumping back in his seat. Jack flinches as if Alex had punched him.
“I-I’m sorry...You know, why don’t we just do this later when you’re feeling better.” Jack starts to open the car door, when Alex shouts

“No! No, it’s fine Jacky, really it is, I’m just...I’m just broken. I’m broken and it sucks. Can we just talk about it later? All I want right now is to forget about it and go on an amazing first date with my amazing boyfriend. Can we do that? Please?”

Jack closes the door. “Yeah, we can do that. I’m sorry for questioning you. I was just worry about you.”

“It’s fine, I’m okay. I’m sorry for yelling at you, I didn’t mean too...I’m sorry Jacky.” Alex leans over and kisses Jack on the cheek. Jack turns and kisses Alex back on the lips, Alex pulling Jack closer, and soon they were full-fledged making out in the front seat of Matt’s car.

“Wait...” Jack whispers, pulling away. Alex has a questioning look in his eyes, but Jack laughs. “We can’t make out like this until AFTER our date, silly!” Alex grins and kisses him quickly one last time, before readjusting himself in the passenger seat.

“So, where do you wanna go?” Jack asks, putting the key into the ignition.

“Any food joint, I’m starving. Hospital food sucked. There’s gotta be something around here.”

“Okay, if you see something you want, just shout.”

“JACK! I CHOOSE YOU!” Alex yells, pointing at Jack with his good hand. Sure, he was quoting pokemon and it was lame, but he knew Jack would smile anyways.

“Oh, good.” Jack clapped with excitement, “Cause I’ve already planned this whole date out. I just wanted to make sure you didn’t already have some place in mind.”

“Ooh, where are we going?” Alex asks, loving Jack even more. Could he have asked for a better boyfriend?

“Shhh, it’s a secret.” Jack puts his finger to his lips.

“Can I have a hint? Pleasey please?”

“Yes. You’re going to love it!”
Alex pesters Jack for more information the rest of the way there, but Jack wouldn’t give.

***

“We’re here!” Jack says, uncovering Alex’s eyes. Jack purposely parked in the far back of the parking lot then led Alex to the front of the building while covering his eyes, just to surprise him. Alex grins and looks at the building.

“It’s...” Alex began.
“The Golden Swan!” Jack said nearly bouncing with joy.
Memories came flooding back to Alex...He really didn’t want to be here right now. But he wasn’t going to mess up his first date with Jack, “Oh, Jack... It’s....”

“It’s the nicest restaurant in town! I spent all afternoon looking for it!” The grin on Jack’s face made Alex’s stomach flip.

“Oh. Thanks.” Alex forced a small smile in hopes of convincing Jack this was the best place ever.

“Don’t worry, ‘Lex, I’ll pay for the dinner!” Jack obviously notices his boyfriend’s fake smile, but assumes it is because of the fact they are just about to walk into the most expensive restaurant they would ever stepped foot in.

“Reservations for Jalex.” Jack tells the employee at the front of the building. The employee is wearing a forming fitting tux with his hair perfectly slicked back, adding to the high society air of the restaurant.

The employee hesitates at first, looking at the two boys in front of him. Jack is wearing a red button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and Alex was wearing a gray form fitting t-shirt with his black leather jacket over it, a gray and black checkered scarf completing the look. Also, both boys were wearing their signature worn-out, black skinny jeans.

“Right this way, sir.” The man finally replies after he sees where they are seated. It just so happened to be the most expensive, secluded place in the whole building.

“I asked for the best waiter then had.” Jack’s voice is low and hushed as he whispers in Alex’s ear, lacing their fingers together as they followed behind the employee, “I also got us the best seats in the house.”

The employee makes his way towards the back of the restaurant and pulls back a ruby red and deep gold damask pattern curtain, made of 100% pure silk. Behind the beautiful sheet is an even more spectacular scene; a lone table in a dimly lit room, surrounded by scented candles and fancy artwork. A window is adjacent to the table, with a view of a small pond and a rose garden all lit up right outside. There is fancy silverware beside the one of a kind china on the table, the tablecloth matching the curtains.The seats are golden-stained wooden chairs, which looked as though they belonged to royalty. It looks like the place an old rich man would take his “companion” for the night. It was private and secluded, just what the famous boys need for a perfect first date.

Alex is in awe as Jack gently leads him into the room, pulling out his seat for him. “Fuck... Jacky, this shit looks expensive.” Alex finally gets out, his voice sounding weird in such Jack just smiles in reply and clasps their hands together again on the table.

“Here’s your menus,” the nicely dressed man spoke, “Your waiter will be here shortly.”

“Hey Jack,” Alex speaks softly as soon as the employee walked out, “Am I your hooker or something? I forgot my fishnets...” The two erupt with laughter as soon as the word falls out of his mouth.

“How much do I have to pay you for your amazing services?” Jack winks, “ ‘Cause I’m not sure how much money I’ll have after this date.”

Alex laughs wholeheartedly. It’s been a long time since he really has, life has been stressful and confusing lately. He has finally forgetting his crazy ex-girlfriend, how he and Jack have to hide his relationship from the public, how he has a heavy white cast on his right arm, and how almost every limb of his hurts. All is forgotten as soon as he sees Jack’s smiling face, sitting in front of him. Everything is perfect again. Everything just feels so, right.

That was until about 20 minutes later when the waiter came with the bottle of red wine.

“Bloody hell,” The waiter whispers just loud enough for Alex to hear, “It’s you again.”

“You’re the best waiter here?” Alex snarls. It is the same guy he had the first time he came to this restaurant.

“Red WINNNNNNNNE!” Jack exclaims, oblivious to the obvious tension between his boyfriend and the waiter, “ I love me my red wine!”

“Just tell me what you want.” The waiter says glaring at the faded pink-haired boy.

Alex pulls his good hand back from Jack’s grip, making the younger boy frown, and begins reading the menu.

“I want a really big steak. And this time, make it actually good.” Alex glares at the waiter who snatches the menu from Alex’s hand.

“Anything for you, sir. And you?” He turns to Jack, who is starting to catch on to the awkwardness.

“Um, I’ll have the same thing...” Jack mumbles, feeling awkward. The waiter harshly grabs Jack’s menu and leaves the area,

“What was that all about? Do you know him?...what did you do to his daughter?” Jack interrogated.

“Nothing! And no, but I brought Kelsey here back when we were dating and he was our waiter...he didn’t like us, because we were so out of place....and I gave her that promise ring she threw at me in front of him...except I may have pretended it was a wedding ring...and then we got a free bottle of wine...”

Jack blinks at him. “Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?! I COULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF PAYING FOR THIS THING!” Jack exclaims, waving around the bottle of unopened wine.

Alex smiles at the fact that Jack could make a joke in any situation. Jack is so light hearted like that.

“I’m sorry Jacky, I don’t think proposing to me now will help you get your money back...hey, speaking of our relationship, how are we going to tell the band about us?”

Just then, the jerk waiter comes back with their food. He practically drops the food in front of them, and says “If you need anything...don’t.” He turns on his heel and stalks away, leaving us in silence. Jack breaks it by replying to my question.

“I don’t even want TO tell the band. Not yet at least. I...I’m worried about what they’ll say.” He stuffed his face with food as if it was saying ‘this conversation is over’.

“What? Why? They’re our BEST FRIENDS! They won’t judge us. Don’t worry about it. I think we should tell them,” Alex let out a sigh, “but we don’t have to if you don’t want to...I just think they’d be happy for us.”

“I know...I just, I don’t know...I- I don’t want them to know yet. I don’t want it them to treat us differently, y’know? It’s bad enough Rian knows I’m gay...”

“But Rian doesn’t treat you any differently, now does he? He still cares about you, no matter what your sexuality. Don’t you think everyone will be like that to? You honestly don’t think he and Rian would support us? Even Alicia would support us, and she barely knows us!”

“I guess...I don’t know, can I think about it first? I’m not ready. I guess I just need some time, okay?”

“Okay...If you feel that way...” Alex trails. Jack looks at him with his big brown eyes, feeling bad for not agreeing with him. There was just something inside of Jack that was telling him “No, not yet. You’re not ready for this.” and he needs Alex to understand that. Jack is bad at explaining things like this.

“I’m sorry ‘Lex...” Jack replies softly.

“Don’t be, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” Alex put his hand on top of Jack’s to reassure him. “I honestly think they’d be happy for us, and I want to tell them, but it’s okay if you don’t want to.” Alex smiles warmly, making Jack feel better.

“Now come on, let’s go do something fun. Waiter! Our check.” Alex snaps, grinning devilishly at the waiter. He glares at him, handing him the bill.

“Nonono, I told you, I’m paying for this!” Jack steals the bill from Alex’s hand, quickly signing it before Alex could insist. The waiter takes it back and cashes them out.

“So, where are we off to now?” Jack asks, as they walk out of the restaurant.

“I’m up for some ice cream. I like when we eat ice cream together. Remember that day at the park?”

“Yeah, that day was so much fun...ya know, I almost kissed you when we were on the ground after we fell off the slide...” Jack confesses, looking down at his feet.

“...You should’ve, we might have gotten here a lot faster.” Alex winks and they hop into the car.

“Okay, the only place that sells ice cream that’s not half an hour away according to Siri is McDonalds. Want a sundae?”

“Sure! Let’s go! Do you think they’ll let me in the play place with my broken arm?”

“No...mainly because you’re over six feet tall. Still not tall enough for the bumper cars, still not tall enough to be in the play place.”

“Dammit...”

They arrive at McDonald’s and Alex orders for them, even though Jack insisted on paying.

“WHAAAAAT?!” Jack screams suddenly.

“What, what’s wrong?” Alex spins around, panicking.

“The play place is CLOSED!!! MY LIFE IS OVER! Too fucking bad, I’m breaking in.”

The cashier guy, a ginger pizza faced high school kid, starts worrying. “Uh, sir, it closed 20 minutes ago...you can’t do that, sir, sir please stop, I’m going to have to call the manager...”

“I’M A FUCKING ROCKSTAR! I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT TO!” Jack yells, pulling on the door.

Alex just giggles at his childish boyfriend, and pays the cashier.

“So,” Alex does a hair flip and leans on the counter. “If you let me in my friend in the play place, I’ll give an extra ten bucks...” Alex winks sexually. The boy gives him a weird, confused look.

“Uh...I don’t think I can do that, my manager, I don’t think-”

“Shhhhhh...” Alex cuts him off, putting his finger up to the cashier’s lips to silence him, whose eyes grow large as he leans back, very confused and almost frightened.

“Fine, I’ll make it a twenty.” Alex whispers sultrily, his voice low. He takes his finger off the high schooler’s lips and pulls a crinkled twenty dollar bill out of his back pocket, sliding it across the counter. The guy looks down at the money and then back up at Alex, who is staring back at him from under his eyelashes. The cashier sighs,

“Fine. Just for you two. But I’m keeping the twenty.” He snatches up the money and grabs his keys, and they walk over to where Jack is still yanking on the door handle.

“I...almost...got it...Alex...” Jack heaves on the door, breathing heavily...he really needs to start working out with Zack and Rian.

“Dude, I got it. This kid will help us.” Alex gestures to the boy with the keys, and Jack steps away from the door.

“You guys have fifteen minutes before my manager comes by. Go, run along.” The cashier shoos away and they run in.

“Yay! Come on Lexi!” Jack squeals, climbing in the thing.

“I’m coming I’m coming, I forgot to wear socks today!” Alex exclaims, kicking off his shoes.

“Lexiiiiii come onnnnnnn!”

Alex smiles and starts up the thing and realizes...he can barely do this with a broken arm.

“Uh, Jacky, I need a little help...” Alex calls, looking down at his arm. Useless piece of garbage.

“Oh sure!” Jack climbs down like a monkey and hoists Alex up until they both reach the top.

“Catch me if you can!” Alex shouts, crawling through one of the brightly colored tubes.

“You’re gonna have to crawl faster if you really want it to be fair!” Jack calls back, following after Alex.

Alex just laughs and crawls off, turning right instead of going straight, causing Jack to bump his head on the quick turn. “OUCH YOU FUCKER!” Jack laughs as he rubs his head.
“Shut up, I’m the sexiest motherfucker alive and you know it. Your mom does at least.” Alex laughed back in respons.

“Oh you did not just go there Mr Gaskank! I’m gonna get you!”

Alex laughed, “In your dreams Barakitten! Shit.” Alex made the wrong turn and is stuck in a poorly painted police car. He turns around to try and escape, just to see Jack coming at him full speed like a herd of bulls. “WAIT JACK STOP!” Jack crashes into him, their legs getting tangled and Jack’s elbow accidentally landing hard on Alex’s cast.

“Dammit Jacky, you landed on my arm!” Alex cries out, cradling it closer to his chest. He pushed Jack’s chest so he was now hovering over Alex’s body.

“Aww I’m sorry Lexi, I’ll kiss it and make it better...” Jack kisses Alex’s cast, slowly making his way up Alex’s arm until he’s kissing Alex’s neck tenderly.

“Mmm, Jacky, you smell good...” Alex purs as Jack gently bites his skin, leaning his body closer to Alex’s so their chests were almost touching.

“And you taste even better...” Jack murmurs from Alex’s skin. Alex put his hand in Jack’s hair, feeling how soft it was. All he wanted to do was just rip off-

“DAMMIT! YOU FORGOT TO TAKE YOUR DAMN SHOES OFF AND NOW THERE’S MUD *ALL* OVER THE FUCKING PLAY THING! NOW I HAVE TO CLEAN IT AGAIN YOU LITTLE MOTHERFUCKERS, GET DOWN HERE NOW!” The angry cashier boy shouts. Jack leans back off of Alex, his face the color a scarlet rose.

“Well, I guess our time here is done.” Jack winks

“Yeah, I guess so...race you down the slide!”
♠ ♠ ♠
*Thinking About What Our Title Should Be*
Kelsey: "AM I YOUR HOOKER OR SOMETHING!"
Alicia: "Nope, I Didn't Order One Tonight!"
^Our Actual Conversation
_________________________________________________________________________
Hey Sorry Guys It's Been Like 3 Months xD We Have A Long List Of Reasons Why, But I'm Not Going To Bore You With Them. I Still Feel Pretty Awful About It. So Consider Us Off Our Unofficial, Never Announced, Hiatus. XD
If You Survived The End Of The World On December 21st, Please Comment So I Know You're Alive! :D We miss youuu!

P.S. Comment If You Want Smutty Feels Next Chapter!