‹ Prequel: Walking Contradictions

When It All Goes Wrong Again

Oz and Sophia

“Well Sophia, here’s to our future babe,” Oz said, taking a sip from his glass of scotch. He then took a long drag off of his cigarette and looked at the infant baby girl sitting in the car seat on the table in front of him. He blew a cloud of smoke away from her face and sighed. “It’s just me and you,” He got up from his seat at the table and walked over to the dirty window in the small LA apartment. “You know, the day your mother showed up, I knew shit was about to hit the fan. I just didn’t know it’d end like this.”

Sophia was a six month old orphan in a way. Her mother had abandoned her in a car after killing her father. Sophia’s big sister was dead, and her big brother was stoned out of his mind somewhere in New York with his girlfriend. And while her Uncle Mike and Grandmother were all crazy in love with her, she wasn’t too fond of them. The only person she had left in this world was a drug dealer. Oz. He was her only family left.

“If it weren’t for you, kiddo, I’d kill myself right now. Your dad was my best friend and he’s dead. Your sister was my angel and she’s buried right beside him. Your big brother was a pain in my neck even if he was like my son, but he’s gone too.” Oz turned towards the table and looked at the bottle of pain killers sitting beside the car seat. He then looked at the beautiful baby girl smiling back at him. “Make it worth the struggle, kid,” He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Glad to be back in the game :)