Status: Activeeeeeeee. (;

Always

Prologue

Maeve sat on her front porch waiting for her best friend to show up. She hadn't seen him for what seemed like ages. Sure, it was only a year... but a lot changes in a year.

She hated the fact that he was in a band because he couldn't be with her for long periods of time. That made her seem attached to the boy, but she was! He had been one of the only friends she kept after moving away from her hometown.

Today, she would also meet Jack's band mates. Which after hearing stories of them she was excited to meet them.

Except for one.

Alexander Gaskarth.

Jack had warned naive Maeve about Alex's ways. And how he "takes girls, uses them, breaks their hearts and they are never the same again". He talked highly of Alex until it got to Alex's love life. Jack told Maeve to stay far away from the charm of Alex.

She loved her big eyed, soft hearted friend. But she was a big girl, she could sure handle Alex on her own. He wouldn't want her anyways. Rumor had it that he was a gorgeous gorgeous boy. Maeve was ordinary and very shy girl as she saw it. He wouldn't try anything with her.

A black car pulled up in her drive way and Maeve eyed it in hopes of seeing the tall lanky best friend of hers.

"My-eve!" yelled a voice that Maeve hadn't heard in a while. She jumped up from her sitting position on the porch swing and her head swung in the direction of the yell.

Jack ran at her at full speed.

When he got to her, he enveloped her into a hug. His lanky bones crushing her small but curvy frame.

She kissed his cheek gently and he pulled away. "Oh, you're just as little as when I left." He said poking fun at her height. "Will you ever grow?"

Her five-foot two body never seemed to like the idea. "Shut up! I missed you! Don't ruin the moment, you loser!"

He scoffed that. "Psh, me no loser. Me great guy. How has your year been, love?"

"Terrible. I missed my best friend."

Jack smiled. "My-eve! You have Grace and Holly! Did they not keep you entertained?"

Grace and Holly were friends she made when she moved with her aunt. Her aunt lived in a different state than Maeve and her parents had. Lovely Tennessee. No matter how great it was there, it never compared to her home. People there were different.

She and Jack were different. He was the one that understood her better than Grace and Holly. Even though they were both great.

"They did. They just aren't Jacks. That's for sure." She admitted.

"Nobody is Jack. Nobody but me. Even other people named Jack. They aren't Jack, they are Bill, Joe, or Kevin. Not Jack. Anywayssss, I missed you so much. Tonight we're having a party at my house. Invite Grace and Holly. You get to meet the guys tonight. You'll love them."

Jack had bought a small house in Tennessee just for when he came to see Maeve.

She smiled softly. "Yes, sir."

"I have to go for now." He sighed.

"No! You just got here!" Maeve protested while grabbing his arm.

He licked his lips. "Evie, I just have to help get ready for the party tonight. You'll see me in no more than three hours. I'll pick you up at about 5:30. Be ready! And not too much make up, none at all if my opinion matters. And don't look too sexy. Alex does not need to look at you that way."

***

"Stop gawking at her!" Jack slapped his friend Alex. Maeve was chatting with Rian and Zack after being introduced to them and Alex was still left.

But Alex couldn't keep his eyes off of Maeve. Jack could see it. He knew that look.

Maeve of course look stunning without even much effort. Her bright red dyed hair was in its natural state of beautiful waves and curls, she had hardly any make up on but what she did framed her gentle brown eyes that could make anyone weak, and she was wearing jean shorts and a black halter top.

She looked perfect.

Jack shook his head to stop looking at her and averted his gaze back to Alex.

Alex was still looking and Maeve started to make her way over to them.

"My Maeve!" Jack said with extra possession added in his voice. "How are the guys?"

With bright eyes she said, "They are so nice! I like them!"

"Great! Well, then there is-" Jack was interrupted.

"Alex. Alex Gaskarth." He said with his words laced with charm.

Maeve bit her lip and attempted a smile. "Hello, I'm-"

"Maeve." He whispered. "Nice name. I've heard all about you."

"It's Irish." She said simply.

"Cool. You have very bright hair, I like it. A lot."

Jack groaned. "You skank, turn off the charm. She isn't going to have sex with you. Back off. Dear Lord."

Alex chuckled. "Chill Jacky. Who said I was trying to have sex with her? I'm just introducing myself."

Maeve had fear in her eyes and Jack was pissed about how Alex was acting. He wanted to smack Alex.

"Jackkkk!" Rian yelled from across the room. "Come 'ere!"

He groaned once again. "I'll be back. No seducing My-eve. Be good. Maeve, be careful."

With that he walked away and in the distance he heard, "Want a drink?" and a tiny "sure".
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, here's how things began!

I may post and actual chapter tonight if I'm not too tired.

Let me know what you think so far.

This isn't much to judge but I hope you let me know if you want more!

comment. subscribe. friend me(: . shizzle.

<3