Status: Won't be finished until next year.

Sleeptember

Negative 3

Ryker ducked as a glass bottle whizzed above his head and shattered when it made contact with the wall behind him. Glass shards rained on him. Ryker looked up at his father. Axel's suit was rugged and torn. The black shaggy hair on his head was a mess, sticking up and falling into his green bloodshot eyes. Axel brought a beer bottle to his lips and took a gulp, eyes still focused on Ryker.

Ryker stood frozen. The slightest move would send another bottle his way. The best Ryker could do, was hope that Axel had had enough.

Axel glared at the boy in front of him. He removed the bottle from his lips slowly, then slammed it down on the wooden coffee table. Ryker jerked, his eyes looking at the bottle, then back at Axel.

"Where's your mother?" Axel growled.

"I don't know," Ryker answered slowly and angrily. "I told you. She left without an explanation." Ryker's voice rose until he was yelling, "Her bags were at the door when you left! You should've said something!"

Axel grabbed the half full bottle from the table and launched it at Ryker. Ryker ducked again, covering his head with his hands. The bottle smashed against the wall and glass and beer rained down on him again. "Don't yell at me! Apologize!" Axel yelled.

Ryker looked up again, covered in the intoxicating beverage. His jaw clenched tightly. His hazel eyes burned with anger. "Sorry," Ryker muttered.

"Where's your mother!"

"I don't know!"

Silence fell again, except the harsh breathing of the two.

"Go to your room!" Axel shouted, pointing a finger at the stairs behind him. They were the only exit in the room.

Ryker didn't move at first, only stared at his father, eyes narrowed. Then he took a step forward and walked towards the stairs. He didn't look at Axel when he passed. When Ryker made it to the stairs, Axel turned, grabbed Ryker by his hair, and slammed his head against the wall. Ryker cried out in pain and grabbed the hand behind his head. "Let go!" He yelled.

Axel shoved Ryker forward, onto the stairs. Ryker caught himself and held his head. He felt hot liquid running down his face. Before Axel could do anything else, Ryker ran up the stairs and all the way to his room, slamming the door once he got inside.

He walked into his bathroom and examined himself in the mirror. His black hair was drenched in beer, covering his eyes and the beer mixed with the blood in a steady stream down the side of his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Comments appreciated!