It's Only What's on the Inside That Counts

1/3

It was hard to believe that is has been three years since we met. It was hard to believe he loves me, even with all of my flaws. But he did and I loved him just the same. And all that I can hope for is that these feelings never change.

Image

Carlina sat at the dinner table with her parents, picking at her food as her thoughts wandered. Her tail started to sway faster as her thoughts centered around one boy, one that held her heart. Her parents looked at her in confusion as they had no idea why she was so happy.

“Are you alright Carlina dear?” Her mother Isabella questioned her enthusiastic daughter.

Carlina looked up as she placed a piece of lasagna into her mouth and began to chew. She swallowed and nodded her head, “yeah I am fine.” She furrowed her eyebrows, “why do you ask?”

Isabella and Marco shook their heads. “It’s nothing sweetie. You just seemed a little excited tonight.”

“And we were wondering what could have you in such a state,” her mother informed.

Carlina’s ears and tail twitched a little, before she smiled slightly at her parents. “It’s nothing really. Am I not allowed to be happy every now and again?” She questioned tilting her head a little.

Her parents smiled at her and nodded their heads. All three of them went back to eating their dinner and then dessert in peace. Carlina helped her mother to clean up the dishes and the leftovers before excusing herself.

“I’m going up to my room. Thanks for dinner mom, it was great.” She told her mom, her father having disappeared into his office right after dinner.

“You’re welcome dear,” her mother turned to face her from her position in front of the sink. “Will you be requiring you usual night time tea later?”

Carlina shook her head with a gentle smile, “no. I think that I am going to just finish up some of my work and then take a shower before going to bed.” She told her mother, trying to come up with something that would stop Isabella or Marco from coming up stairs to her room.

Isabella nodded her head, “alright dear. I will let your father know. Good night.”

“Good night Mom,” Carlina replied before making her way upstairs to her two-story bedroom.

You see her parents had converted the attic into a bedroom for her leaving the stairs down permanently. The bedroom that the attic was attached to had been turned into an office. Carlina was a book keeper as well as an avid writer. And by her luck, the room to the office locked, so her parents would never know if she left the house without them or their permission.

Carlina quickly made her way upstairs and locked the office door behind her. She let out a sigh before making her way up the stairs to grab a hat and some bandages, which she was used to hold her tail up her back in order to hide it. She made her way over to the walk in closet that was in her office. Carlina changed out of her shorts and slid on some red skinny jeans and pulled a long, off the shoulder shirt. After slipping on a jacket and some runners, she made her way over to the window and slid it open. Carlina used the lattice that was on the side of the house to climb down, after shutting her window, and she took off down the street.

Image

It took Carlina a good twenty minutes to make her way to the apartment complex that resided beside the park where they first met. She didn’t have to even ring the buzzer to alert him that she was there; she just used the key that he had given her. She had already texted him to let him know that she was on her way over. She made her way up the elevator to the fourth floor and made her way over to his door, before knocking and alerting him to her presence.

Carlina only had to wait 15secs before the door was ripped open and she was pulled into a hug, “Hello to you to Blake,” she giggled as she wrapped her arms around him.

“I’ve missed you,” he mumbled into her shoulder.

“I’ve missed you too,” Carlina mumbled into his shoulder as he pulled her farther into the room, making sure to close the door.

Blake pulled away and smiled at her, his hand came up and removed the hat from the top of her head freeing her ears. But they never freaked him out, all he saw was a beautiful girl who has gone through many challenges to get where she is today.

He placed both of his hands on either side of her face, pulling her closer to him. Carlina didn’t waste any more time and leaned up to kiss his thin lips. They haven’t seen each other properly in a week and she couldn’t wait any more to feel his touch.

“Okay, okay,” Black said with a light laugh as he pulled away. “We do need to breath you know.”

Carlina laughed as she removed her jacket, throwing it on a chair by the door, “sorry. I just haven’t seen you much this past week.”

Blake smiled and grabbed a hold of her hand, “I know babe,” he led her over to the arm chair and sat down. He pulled her down onto her lap, causing her to straddle him. “And it doesn’t help that your parents have no clue about us.”

She leaned her head onto his shoulder, her ear tickling his neck slightly, “I know.” Looking back up into his eyes, “but I just don’t want them to come between us. I don’t know if I would be able to handle that,” she responded looking into his eyes.

“Baby,” he stroked his thumbs into her hips, “you don’t know what will happen unless you talk to them and tell them about us.” He told her before placing a kiss on her forehead.

Carlina sighed and then nodded her head, “alright, alright. I will talk to them tomorrow.” She smiled at him and rested her hands on to his neck, “and if everything goes well; maybe you could even come over for dinner and meet them.”

Blake smiled and nodded his head, “that sounds like a good plan baby.”

He pulled her closer and kissed her plump lips. As their lips moved together, Carlina kept thinking about what might happen tomorrow. She knew that it would take a little convincing, but eventually her parents would warm up to the idea. But for now, Carlina was just going to focus on spending time with Blake. And that is how she spent the rest of her night, making out with Blake in the armchair, tomorrow looking over their heads.