Melodies

Chapter 61: Sydney

"A signed copy of Witness." Kell looks up at me, with a curious expression. "Where did you get this?"

"At Warped Tour last summer. I like the album, but I think you're one to appreciate autographs than I am." I smiled at him, so he'd know I was just teasing him.

He grinned back. "I love it."

"Good. Now open the others."

He set aside the CD and slowly, carefully began opening his next gift, making an effort to not rip the paper too much.

It was just us, in his room while Jamie was downstairs doing whatever. My mom had to work, and he said that his mother was stuck in an airport. So he'd invited me over, saying there was no reason for both of us to be alone.

I brought three individually wrapped gifts for him, each about the same size. He had one for me that was a little bigger, and wrapped in a childish snowman print. I asked him to open his first.

He lifted his second present from the paper shell that surrounded it. He laughed, his face scrunching up cutely as he smiled. "I love this so much more than I should." He ran his fingertips over the small package containing a The Little Mermaid doll and a few accessories for her.

I smiled at him as he looked over it. "That's because you're super gay."

He grinned at me, looking mischievous somehow. "I'm not gay because I like dolls. I'm gay because I suck your dick."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Open the last one."

He handed me the toy. "Here, open this for me. I can never get through all the plastic."

I took it from him and began opening it for him, watching him unwrap his last gift. He carefully and gently lifted the black box from the wrapping paper, moving the paper aside. He looked so delicate and beautiful as he opened the box, widening his eyes ever so slightly as he lifted the necklace out.

He held it up with both hands, just looking at it, seemingly (hopefully) entranced. It wasn't anything special. It was just a thin, silver chain with a tiny diamond on it. It was simple, but elegant. It seemed like something he would appreciate.

He looked at me as a tried to get Ariel out of the plastic prison she was trapped in. "This is beautiful."

I smiled, finally getting the doll out. "I thought you would like it."

He looked dazed as he held it out to me. "Help me put it on."

He turned and let me clasp the necklace behind his neck before he faced me again, gently fingering the chain and looking at it on himself.

It looked great on him. The diamond lay on his chest just below his collarbones, and the chain looked weightless around his neck. And he seemed to like it too, which was the best part.

He looked up at me, smiling nervously. "I got you the lamest gift in comparison to this."

I pulled him close to me and pressed my lips to his cheek. "As long as it's from you, it's perfect."

He still looked apprehensive as he handed it to me. I removed the wrapping paper, to see a box. I lifted the lid, only to find two more boxes. I shot a look at Kell.

He smiled, looking like a little kid that got caught doing something. "Go on."

I opened the larger one first. I was greeted by the sight of FBI agents. I grinned, genuinely happy. "The first season of criminal minds?"

He shrugged. "I know you like it, and I thought it was weird that you've never seen the first season."

I kissed his cheek again, feeling him smile. "Thank you."

He shoved at me playfully. "There's still another one."

I opened the second, or rather, third box. It was a sketch pad. A nice one. I liked it, but I didn't quite understand.

Kell lifted it from the box for me, handing it to me with thin, pretty fingers. "You draw all the time. All over your homework and your notes and even in your books. I thought maybe you would like having something you were actually supposed to draw in."

I smiled. "I love it. I love you."

He kissed me, looking pleased with himself. "I love you too. Merry Christmas."
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally updated! Comment and subscribe, and thanks for reading!