Just One Picture

Thanks 'Dad', or should I say Jimmy? Maybe 'The Rev'? Or even Mister Sullivan?

[Flashback - Silvers' Point Of View]

I wake up early. Sweat making me stick to my thin comforter. I roll over and face the alarm clock on my nightstand. It's reads 10:04, in big red numbers. I toss the blanket off of myself and fix my nightgown. I open my black curtains and the sun rushes from outside and hits the floor close to my feet.

Finally, I think Thirteen!

I walk into my bathroom, smile at myself in the mirror, notice my messy hair and giggle. I strip out of my pajamas and turn on the water before stepping over the ledge and turning the shower on.

Once I'm out, I wrap myself in a towel and brush my teeth. I pick out neon pink shorts and a white tube top and slowly dress myself, constantly being distracted by the T.V., when you never change the channel and have MTV on 24/7. You tend to see a lot of Avenged Sevenfold videos. I shake my head and focus on my birthday. I open my door and go upstairs. Brandon is sitting at the table on his laptop. And Dominic, well of course he's watching cartoons, like a five year old.

"Happy birthday, lil' sis!" Brandon closes his laptop and stands up, walks towards me and hugs me tight. "You're getting too old. You old lady."

I giggle. "Brandon! If she's an old lady," Mom says from the kitchen. "what does that make me?" She sighs.

"Well, if Silver is an old lady, that makes Brandon and I grandpa's. So that must make you a great grandmother!" Dom chimes in.

"Happy birthday, Hun! What you want for breakfast?" Mom smiles.

"Oh yeah, happy birthday." Dominic says.

I shake my head at him but thank him before turning to my Mom. "I want pancakes." I admit.

"That's all?" Brandon asks. "For my birthday, do you even remember what we had?"

"Of course I remember, I couldn't eat at all the day after cause I was so full from your birthday meals." I say.

He nods. "Fucccck yes. I am a grown ass man, you gotta feed me like one."

"Watch your language, Pendejo." Mom says.

"Call me 'Pendejo' one more time, Reina." He gets ballsy.

"What'd you call me, eh, pendejo?" Mom asks and smacks him on the arm.

"Mom, chill out." I laugh.

"You know what?" Dominic says. Brandon, Mom and I look at him. "My little sister is old!"

"Shut up, bitch." I spit. Getting tired of everyone telling me I'm getting 'old'.

"Silver Trinity Sullivan! That's no language for a woman!" My Mom tells me.

"Oh, you're right. But I can totally say pendejo." I smirk.

"Just be quite. I'm going to make pancakes." She tells us and walks off.

I walk downstairs to my room and turn the T.V. loud and start doing my hair. After I finish blow drying my hair, I plug my straightener in and go sit on the floor, leaning on my bed. I flip through the music video channels and of course stop on a channel with Avenged Sevenfold.

"Dad....?" I say.


Dad. Dad.. Dad? Jimmy. I think. Never been much of a father. I'm thirteen today and I've only met you four times. And the first two times, I was too young to remember. We have a picture of you. Actually, I have it. It's the time we went to one of your concerts. We waited backstage, got our picture taken with you and you left, treating us like we were nothing to you. Just groupies. No, actually, James, we are your children. But, it doesn't seem to bother you..

"Silver, come eat!" Brandon hollers, pulling me away from my thoughts and bringing me back to reality.

"Coming." I whisper. I'm sure he didn't hear, but oh well. I push my body off of the floor and walk up the stairs and into the kitchen. My Brothers are sitting at the table, staring at the mountain of pancakes sitting on a plate in front of them. I sit down and smile.

"Well the boys are going to skate today, so, Silv, what do you want to do today?"

"I need to get the rest of my costume-" I say, not being able to finish my sentence.

"You're dressing up for Halloween, and you're thirteen?" Brandon asks.

"Yes. I am. Gotta problem with that?" I ask.

"It is her birthday holiday. She should be able to go out and get candy from a bunch of weirdos." Dominic laughs.

"Yeah, I was born on October 31st. I'll do whatever I want on that day!" I say and turn to mom, "Like I was saying, I need to get the rest of my costume. And do you think we can go to the mall? And also, can we get our nails done?" I smile.

Usually, on our birthdays, we have a family dinner. And whose ever birthday it is, stays home and hangs out with mom, doing any activities they want. But this year, my birthday, falls on a Saturday. So, mom told the boys to go skate.

"Sure, we can." Mom smiles. "We can go once I take a shower and get ready, k? Brandon, will you take all our plates and rinse them off. Dominic, put the left over pancakes in the microwave."

"Okay." The two boys say at the same time.

I walk over to the couch and sit. I look out the front window and notice the mailman walking towards the front door so I jump up and open the door.

"Hi Ronnie." I smile to him.

"Hey, Silver. Hope you have a great birthday!" He smiles hands me the mail and walks off.

I shuffle through the mail. And see a letter with my name on it. I pull it away from the other few and look at it hard, studying it. His name isn't on the envelope, but I know his hang writing. It's definately from
him.

After what seems like hours of staring at that envelope, I run down the stairs, to my bedroom and toss it on my bed. I wash my hands, feeling dirty for holding that simple envelope for so long. I dry my hands and walk back up the stairs. Mom is sitting at the table, putting on her shoes. I look around for my sandals and when I find them, I slip them on. Mom and I go to the Explorer and climb in. I turn on the radio and sing along to the songs I know.

Mom looks at me. "Ronnie came already?"

"While you were in the shower."

"Did your Dad send anything?"

I glare at her, "Yeah, JIMMY did send something."

"What was it?"

"I didn't open it."

"Why not? He probably sent some money."

"He probably did but we don't need his money. We've done fine all these years without him."

She nods.

"I have all the letters his sent me still. None of them are opened. I have them hidden. And I'm sure there is money in each one but what's the point in even opening them?"

"I just though maybe you'd want to know what he has to say."

"Honestly, I don't care what he has to say. He's not my Dad.. He's just simply Jimmy." I say.

"I guess so." She sighs. She pulls into an empty parking space and turn the car off. She pulls the keys from the ignition and we step out of the truck and walk into the mall.


---

Prologue.

Comment? And maybe a subscriber or two? Please? I wanna know what you guys think of thi. I want to know whether to keep going or delete. Thanks guys :D