Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Just Great

Griffin chowed down on his cheeseburger as he walked around the jewelry store aimlessly with his dad who had probably already looked at every ring in the store twice already.

“Pick one.” Griffin nagged.

“You’re supposed to be helping me. Remember?”

“You two need help with something?” the girl behind the counter asked him.

“Oh, he needs lots of help.” The younger Taylor giggled and so did the girl.

“What are you looking for exactly?”

“Uhh…..well…..what type of ring do you get a girl who you married in Vegas who you’re trying to convince to stay married to you?”

She had a wild expression on her face. “Ummm….well we currently don’t have a section for that…..but we do have some engagement sets you could look at….”

“You should get her a big one!” Griffin said pressing his nose against the glass jewelry case.

He peered in the case she had pointed to. “I don’t know……maybe we should do something custom?”

“You don’t got time for that, Daddy. You need something now.”

“Okay, Okay. Geez.” He sighed. “God, I suck at this.”

“Well, I have a couple that we don’t keep out on display……you wanna see them?”

“Yeah, please…”

She set two rings on the counter and Griffin pointed to one and shouted, “Get that one!”

Corey smiled, “Yeah, that’s the one. How much?”

Meanwhile….

“What….just…..happened?”

“Nothing.” She said with her head down.

“you’re a shitty liar.” Shawn told her.

“Well, you were right….Corey cornered me…..we talked about it….and now he’s totally and completely pissed off at me because I don’t know what I want and he’s so sure about what he wants…and blah blah blah.”

“Sorry.” He said apologetically. “Is there anything I can do?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know what to do……I just don’t know anymore, Shawn.”

“Just give him a little time then…”

“He said he was going back to his house with Griffin…and he said ‘try and find me’. I don’t think he’s going to listen to anything I have to say.”

“Take the rest of the day off. Go home. Relax. And think.. I mean it….i’m gonna stay in this store until I see you leave. So go.” He smiled. “And don’t worry about Corey…..he’s not a complete idiot….he won’t cut you out of his life that easy.”

“Fine.” She sighed grabbing her purse and walking past him. “Jaret, I’m leaving….see you tomorrow…I guess...”

She topped the hill before reaching her house and spied his car in her driveway. “the fuck…” she mumbled. “this is going to be great.”