Status: One Shot

The Jersey

One

I stared at the jersey that was on our bed. Claude was already at the rink. The game was starting in an hour. I was meeting Caelan, Carson, and Cameron in our usual seats. They were my game buddies. A sigh left my lips. Was I actually gonna wear Claude's jersey? I usually just wore one of his Flyers hoodies since they smelled like him.

Today was the first day of the final Stanley Cup playoff series. It was the Flyers against the Kings. I knew it was gonna be tough on my boys because of Mike and Jeff being on the Kings and not with the Flyers anymore. I looked at the jersey again. I had bought a women's Giroux jersey because I remembered he said that they were sexier. I had a few women's and a few men's jerseys, but not a Giroux one.

I pulled the jersey on quickly, padding out of my room to where my flip flops were, grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter along with my purse and ran out of the apartment. I glared at the door as I locked it. Stella, do it for your fucking boyfriend.

I started down the stairs, to my car. I began thinking about seeing Claude out on the ice. I knew it made him happy. During his warm up skate, he would always look at me when he skated by. He would shoot me this grin that made my heart flutter. The night he told me he loved me, he told me why home games were his favorite. Besides the fact that it's a home game, he's playing the game he loves and he has the girl he loves watching him play 6 rows back from the ice. A smile formed on my lips as I shut my car door and began driving to the Center.

***

I watched the game intently, following the puck with my eyes. And Claude.

"I'm gonna go get some food," I commented as intermission started. I asked the boys if they wanted anything, and them being sweethearts said no. I laughed then proceeded to walk up to the concession stands. As I got to the top of the stands, I saw a picture of him. A grin spread across my lips. Baby's made it. He really has.

***

The game was tied at 5 going into overtime. My nerves were high, and so were the boys. Cameron rested his hand on my shoulder as the lines changed. My face was hidden between my hands as I stared my feet. My whole body was shaking, I was scared and excited. And I was missing him terribly.

"They'll win. I know they will," the young boy's voice spoke before sitting back down next to me. Before I realized what was going on, Danny was pulled a sneak attack on the goaltender and screams left my throat before I knew was going on. Cameron squeezed my elbow as we stood up with the crowd. My legs were itching to jump as Danny had the puck, again and got it past the goalie. The horn blew and I saw Danny's arm shoot up. He did his little dance and my body was doing it's own dance of it's own.

"Told you," Cameron told me. I bent down and hugged him.

"You guys really know your dad, eh?" I smirked as I pulled the other two brothers into the hug. Their arms all wrapped around me, and for a second I felt like a mom. When we pulled apart, we grabbed our garbage and started towards the top of the seats. I loved seeing the orange and black after a win, it makes me happier. As we through out our garbage, I felt a little hand slip into my hand. I glanced down and saw the youngest Briere holding his brother's hands and grabbed mine. I smiled at them.

"Let's go see the winners," I exclaimed as we started walking towards the Friends and Family Lounge. I already know we won't have to wait long, especially me. As we walked through the Center, we got random high fives from fellow Flyers fans.

As we finally got there, the WAGS were waiting. I mean, they're always there but they looked especially impatient. They didn't even look happy. I didn't see Peter's wife. I guess she was in still in the crowd, or something. We found a couch to sit on, and I took out my phone.

"Photo op guys," I told the boys. I held the phone out in front of us and smiled. I love them so much.

"Can we do a funny one? Like last time," Caelan asked.

I laughed before responding, "of course," I busted out the duck face while taking the shot. After a few minutes of the WAGS staring at the Briere boys and I, the team began filing out. Scott Hartnell jumped out screaming, while I laughed.

"Your boy is coming out in a few," he said winking at me. I blushed a deep, scarlet red. Max Talbot then strutted out of the room, followed by Matt Read. And then, my baby walked out.

"Hi Claude!" the boys screamed running over to him and attacking him. I smiled. I stood up watching them. He's so good with kids.

"Go get your dad, he's dressed." he told the boys. Before they went in, they darted over to me.

"Bye," I spoke to them before hugging them. Claude walked over to me. He looked so sexy in his navy blue suit.

"Hey sexy," he winked at me before resting his hands on my hips as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I kissed him hard, his hands pulled me closer. His tongue slid into my mouth as I grabbed onto the bottom of his hair.

"Let's go home," he whispered. I smirked. I flipped my hair onto one side so he would see his name, and slid my hand into his before grabbed my purse from the couch. I smiled at him as his mouth opened slightly.

"Baby," his voice wasn't loud but it was rough and it turned me on ten times more then I already was. I looked up at him through my lashes.

"What?" I asked innocently, the bulge in his pants was becoming bigger and bigger with the passing second.

"You, the jersey, oh my god baby I love you so much," he stuttered out. I giggled and kissed him again. His hand grabbed my ass as I started walking away towards the exit. I giggled and smiled as he grabbed my hand when he caught up with my fast speed. "Baby, can't you run?" he asked quietly.

"I do," I smirked, "but that would be a little weird," I winked at him as I jogged down the stairs from the lounge. His grip on my hand got tighter as we walked through the hall towards the players parking lot. When I opened the door I darted towards the car. When I got to the car, I saw him sprinting towards me, a grin on his face. I ran towards him and jumped on him. His hands went to my ass as I locked my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I kissed his lips hard.

"Why can't we live closer?" I asked him in a whisper as I bit down on the bottom of his ear softly. "I want you so bad baby," I whispered again. He opened my car door with one hand and sat me in it.

"I'm so close to putting you in the back seat and just fucking you there," his voice was rough and quiet, and it made me want to just strip my clothes off. He slammed the car door and got into his side. I watched as he sped out of the parking lot with a smirk on his lips. I quickly put a seat belt on and glanced at him. There was the glow from a win around him, but then I saw the raw emotion of wanting me.

As we pulled up to a red light, he rested his hand on mine. I leaned over and kissed him softly.

"Good job tonight baby," I spoke softly. The light turned green, and he turned onto the highway. It was almost empty except the hockey fans going home. I'm pretty sure most of them were partying though. Tonight was a Friday night game. He sped around cars and got us to the exit in record time.

As he pulled into our parking spot, something snapped between us. The car wasn't even off until I took my seat belt off, got over the console and was straddling Claude's lap. My hands went straight to his tie and my mouth went straight to his lips. His hands went to my hips as I undid his tie. Soft moans filled the car as I began undoing the buttons on his shirt. I left his lips and began kissing his neck.

"Stella," he moaned. I think he wants to go in the apartment. I unlocked the car door and got off of his lap. "You look so sexy in that... I can't wait to see you with just the jersey on," I blushed. No I wasn't really shy, but I never took compliments well. We hurried over to the door and ran over to the elevator. As the door opened, I saw our neighbors leaving to go out partying. They were three girls that live across from us. They go to Temple. We waved as they sauntered past Claude. The one glanced back at Claude, I glanced up at him as an insecurity quickly set in. Claude didn't flinch under our harsh stares. He just placed his mouth on mine before pulling me into the elevator.

"They think they're hot shit, but you're so beautiful Stella baby." he stated before closing the doors and letting the elevator take us up to the fifth floor. "So much sexier then them," he added before capturing my lips in a pantie dropping kiss. The elevator dinged and we ran to our apartment. He unlocked the door. As I walked through the door, I kicked my flip flops off and began undoing my jeans. I shimmied them off my legs and my black lace thong appeared. I giggled as he saw it. He was taking his pants off as I began walking towards the bedroom. Before I knew it, I was in Claude's arms and we were in the bedroom.

I stared up at him as my body laid on the comforter. My hand brushed against his cheek before he dipped his head and kissed me slowly.

"Baby, wait. I... I need to ask you something," my eyes shut close and panic flooded me. He was getting traded. Oh god. "Darling, look at me," his fingers touched my cheekbones. I slowly opened my eyes and saw him smiling at me. He isn't getting traded? He put up one finger between us meaning, "hold on one second". I nodded and watched as he got something from his sock drawer. There was a tiny box, and everything made sense. Tears prickled at my eyes. He sat down on the bed next to me before taking my face in his hands and kissing me. When he pulled back, there was something twinkling in his eyes and I couldn't pinpoint it.

"Stella, I love you so much. Fuck, I can't even get this out," frustration came across his face and a sadness filled me. "Fuck.. Stell, I love you so much I can't even put it in words. I wasn't gonna ask you tonight, but I couldn't wait anymore. You in that jersey. That jersey.." his hand grazed the bottom of it, "is perfect on you. Everything is perfect on you baby. I never loved someone so much in my life. You and hockey are my top priorities. Some days, I don't know which ones come first. There are days where I have to fight with myself to leave you. Especially on those road trips. Those absolutely kill me. Then I come home, and I see you, and everything is okay again. Even when we lose. You make the pain hurt less." tears were floating down my cheeks as he continued his speech. "What I'm trying to say is... I wanna marry you Stella. I want this ring on your finger. I want the world to know you're mine and I'm yours. I want to buy a house together. I want to wake up to you, and only you, everyday for the rest of my life. I want to have kids with you, baby. I want everything with you." a smile crossed my face as he opened the box. There was a simple silver band with three diamonds. Two small ones next to a big one. "Stella, baby, will you marry me?" I stared at him with crying eyes and a smile.

"Of course Claude," I smiled. Tears were streaming down my face as he connected our lips. When we pulled away, he slid the ring onto my finger and kissed it.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," he whispered back before pulling me into a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This game is fictional, ok. I got this idea when my Giroux jersey came in the mail a few weeks ago. I hope you like it. This actually got longer then I thought it was going to be. And way more, I dunno. It got a mind of it's own. I hope you liked it!